gender stereotypes and prejudices. reality? myth?
out of 11
Post on 24-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Gender stereotypes and prejudices. Reality? Myth?
- Slide 3
- By the end of todays lesson 1.You have learned what is a stereotype and what is a prejudice 2.You have discussed stereotypes in your projects 3.You have listened to a task about prejudices
- Slide 4
- Task 1: What is a stereotype and a prejudice? Write in your notebooks: 1.Take your definition. 2.Find the most important phrase (max 5 words) 3.Write it in the notebook: Stereotype a ..
- Slide 5
- Task 2:Work in pairs. Write down in your notebok - 1 gender stereotype (can be from your journals) Example all the girls are interested in cosmetics - 1 gender prejudice
- Slide 6
- www.A6training.co.uk Task 3: Go and look at your journals (5 min) End Find 3 stereotypes in the journals. Find at least 1 prejudice (or an information that can lead to prejudice) Take your notebooks with you. Write them in your notebooks: E.g., Stereotypes: 1.. 2.. 3.
- Slide 7
- Task 3: Go and look at your journals Find 1 stereotype in the journals that we didnt head before. Find at least 1 prejudice (or an information that can lead to prejudice) Take your notebooks with you. Write them in your notebooks: E.g., Stereotype: ...
- Slide 8
- Task 4: Your findings!
- Slide 9
- Slide 10
- Slide 11
- Slide 12
- Task 4 Answer these questions individually: 1.What is good in stereotypes? 2.Whats bad in stereotypes? 3.Can we live without stereotypes?
View more >
Lecture Outline Stereotypes Part 1 Types of stereotypes Definition of stereotypes Measurement of stereotypes Assumptions of stereotypes
Jim Crow America’s Post-Reconstruction Legacy. “Jim Crow” refers to laws, prejudices, stereotypes, and attitudes in society about African-Americans –Segregation,
Break gender stereotypes, Break gender stereotypes, give talent a chance Toolkit BREAKING GENDER STEREOTYPES
Images of Native Americans Common Stereotypes Common Stereotypes are images important? Why are images important? Negative Stereotypes Negative Stereotypes
Life Chances The barriers to achievement. What are these barriers? Certain sections of society are faced with barriers created by stereotypes and prejudices
An Investigation of Campus Stereotypes: The Myth of Black ... Stereotypes American sport has contributed to the evolution of specific sports stereotypes and myths, most notably the ' 'dumb jock stereotype and
Prejudice and Stereotypes. Prejudice A rigid and unfair generalization about anentire category of people Prejudices are prejudgments that can be either