Democritus -Greek philosopher 450 BC. Aristotle -born 384 BC -Greek philosopher, educator & scientist -student of plato.
Post on 20-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Democritus -Greek philosopher 450 BC
- Slide 2
- Aristotle -born 384 BC -Greek philosopher, educator & scientist -student of plato
- Slide 3
- Lavoisier -French chemist 1700s -Law of Conservation of Mass
- Slide 4
- 2 Mg + O 2 2 MgO 10.0g 6.58g 16.58g
- Slide 5
- Joseph Proust -1754-1826 -French Chemist -Law of Definite Proportions H20H20 Looking at
- Slide 6
- JohnDalton -English school teacher & scientist -Early 1800s -Atomic Theory of Matter -Law of Multiple Proportions
- Slide 7
- Daltons Periodic Chart
- Slide 8
- Daltons Model of an Atom
- Slide 9
- William Crookes -1832-1919 -English Chemist -developed the cathode ray tube
- Slide 10
- Cathode Ray Tube in Action Cathode Ray Tubes
- Slide 11
- Slide 12
- Michael Faraday -1791-1867 -English chemist and Physicist -Electromagnetic induction Induction
- Slide 13
- Ben Franklin -1706-1790 -scientist, inventor, statesman -looked at electrical charges
- Slide 14
- Chadwick -studied alpha particles to discover neutrons
- Slide 15
- -English physicist early 1900s -Worked with cathode ray tubes JJ Thomson
- Slide 16
- Electron Beam in CRT
- Slide 17
- + - + + + + + + - - - - - Plum Pudding Model
- Slide 18
- Ernest Rutherford -New Zealand Scientist early 1900s -Alpha scattering experiment
- Slide 19
- Slide 20
- 98% of the particles passes straight through 2% of the particles deflected off at varying angles 0.01% of the particles bounced straight back
- Slide 21
- + - + + ++ ++ - - - - - Rutherfords Model of an atom
- Slide 22
- Max Planck -German Physicist -1858-1947 -studied light emitted from objects
- Slide 23
- E = h v Plancks Theory What does it mean?
- Slide 24
- Photoelectric Effect
- Slide 25
- Albert Einstein -1879-1955
- Slide 26
- Niels Bohr -Danish physicist early 1900s -Used Rutherfords planetary idea -Used Planks idea of quanta
- Slide 27
- Planetary model of an atom
- Slide 28
- Robert Millikan -1868-1953 -American physicist
- Slide 29
- Milikans Oil Drop Experiment On-line Model
- Slide 30
- Werner Heisenberg -1901-1976 -Uncertainty Principle
- Slide 31
- Erwin Schrodinger Whats that? Sign your planner? Were talking quantum mechanics here folks
- Slide 32
- Schrodinger wave model of an atom orbitron
- Slide 33
- Henri Becquerel Marie and Pierre Curie
- Slide 34
- Henry Moseley -1887-1915 -Rutherfords student
View more >
Aristotle. Aristotle (384 BC – 322 BC) was a Greek philosopher, a student of Plato and teacher of Alexander the Great. His writings cover many subjects,
Atoms: Development of the Atomic Theory. Democritus 460 BC - Greek philosopher proposes the existence of the atom 460 BC - Greek philosopher proposes.
Atoms: The Building Democritus: Greek philosopher ?? Democritus: Greek philosopher (460 BC - 370 BC) ... of the atom. • One of the chief ... ATOMIC STRUCTURE Discovery of the Electron
Atoms: Development of the Atomic Theory 1. Democritus 460 BC - Greek philosopher proposes the existence of the atom 460 BC - Greek philosopher proposes.
Nathan Brosotoff. Greek Philosopher from 384 BC to 322 BC Student of Plato and teacher of Alexander the Great His interests include: ◦ Physics ◦
Ethos, Pathos, and Logos. Aristotle (384 BC – 322 BC) Greek philosopher Taught by Plato who was taught by Socrates Teacher of Alexander the Great first.
Atomic Theory-Democritus Greek philosopher, 400 BC Greek philosopher, 400 BC Named the smallest piece of matter “atomos,” meaning “not to be cut.” Named.
Aristotle (384-322 B.C) Greek philosopher, scientist, and educator. Systematized existing knowledge: Made observations Collected specimens Gathered together,
384 BC-332 BC Greek Philosopher Wrote Poetics Analyzed Greek Tragedies Came up with the classification of the “Tragic Hero”
Elements of Drama. Aristotle (384 BC – 322 BC) was a Greek philosopher who was a student of Plato’s and a teacher to Alexander the Great. His writings.
Chapter 1 Lesson 2. Aristotle (384 BC- 322 BC) Greek Philosopher Classified based on two groups Plants and Animals Classified by the structure.
Chapter 4 Atomic Structure p. 101. Section 4.1 Defining the Atom Greek philosopher Democritus Greek philosopher Democritus suggested atoms (Greek “atomos”)
Atomic Structure Chemistry Ms. Piela Democritus (460 BC – 360 BC) Ancient Greek philosopher ▪ No experiments performed! Major Contribution: The.
Chapter 7 Atomic Structure and Periodicity. Democritus 400 BC Greek philosopher Suggested atoms Used intuition.