Click here to load reader
out of 26
Post on 21-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. DAILY MOVERS
- 2. TALKING ABOUT
- What we do..?
- Why choose us?
- Setting up DAMO keeping in mind
- Our Prospective clients
- Sourcing of Products
- Warehouse Locations
- 3. WHAT DO WE DO?
- We are a third party logistics company that with an integrated supply chain already in place, can service all the requirements of the independent retailer for fresh products.
- Product aggregation and supplies
- Fresh Products Fruits
- 4. WHY CHOOSE US?
- The right supplier for your fruit and vegetable needs
- Emphasis on freshness and longevity of produce that will serve to reduce waste due to spoilage and ultimately have an impact on the business bottom line.
- Enabling you to make more informed decisions given a clear understanding of the history as well as the unit price of your fruit and vegetables.
- We have state-of-the-art chiller rooms, freezer rooms, blast freezers and a fleet of atmosphere (temperature & humidity) controlled vehicles for distribution.
- DAMO utilizes the Distribution Centers to support the retailers / food service operators.
- 6. MORE..
- We have a fleet of 15 temperature controlled trucks and 30 mini vans to cater to our clients specific needs.
- Services Initially present in the western U.P region.
- Expanding to delhi and NCR areas swiftly.
- Number of Warehouses in West U.P is nine.
- Dedicated Workforce of 80 emplyees with flexibility to work in various areas.
- Strong network for procurement of products through our agents in mandis.
- 7. SETTING DAMO KEEPING IN MIND
- Raw material availability (here fruits and vegetables).
- Raw material quality in adequate varieties for the types of finished products.
- Harvesting and transport practices and organization from the field to the processing centre.
- Processing capacity related to raw material availability: quantities, seasonability, etc.
- Processing equipment size/capacity suitable for above points.
- Availability of trained operators and resources to improve their knowledge.
- Availability of workforce in the area and resources for training them in order to be able to assure adequate trained operators.
- Availability of utilities: electricity, etc.
- Position of the future processing centre as related to raw material fields and to closest transportation means; road access, railway access.
- Last but not least, market availability for finished products and for optional semi-processed products.
- 10. OUR PROSPECTIVE CLIENTS
- Reliance Fresh
- Big Apple
- Hotels and Restaurants
- 11. SOURCING OF VEG AND FRUITS
- Strength of Relationship with Growers
- Sourcing from the mandis.
- Depth of Product Knowledge
- Storage and Distribution Practices
- 12. WAREHOUSING
- Distribution centers will be located close to the mandis and also that they fall in the centre of the retail outlets of the client.
- Contract warehousing can be an efficient approach because of the low rent in places.
- Warehouse will have material handling equipments that comply with the food safety standards as products are vegetables and fruits.
- It is a necessity for proper handling of the perishable raw materials, it allows the processing unit to allow the product to reach its best stage of maturation and lessens injury from handling and deterioration from changes during long transportation after harvesting.
- The City Processing Centres (DCs) are like a factory, where the product travels through a cycle of various value additions and ultimately reaches to the shelves in shortest possible time, yet maintaining the freshness.
- Being perishable in nature utmost care of the product is taken in handling and storage of the same.
- The area of these facilities is ranging from 30,000 sqft to 1,50,000 sqft.
- 15. INVENTORY
- Inventory will be maintained at some specific distributions centers that will be strategically located both near the place for sourcing as well as in the centre of the various retail outlets covered.
- As vegetables and fruits are highly perishable products with low shelf life inventory of not more than 1-2 days will be hold up.
- Supply and demand will be balanced through the implementation of SAP SCM package integrating the retail client ,distribution centers and the points of procurement of fruits and vegetables in various mandis and haats.
- 18. PACKAGING
- The following are among the more important general requirements and functions of food packaging materials/ containers:
- They must be non-toxic and compatible with the specific foods, sanitary protection, moisture and fat protection, gas and odour protection, light protection, resistance to impact, transparency, tamperproof ness, ease of opening, pouring.
- Untouched by hand.
- features, reseal features, ease of disposal, size, shape, weight limitations, appearance, printability, low cost, special features.
- 20. TRANSPORTATION
- To achieve both the economies of scale and
- economies of distance use of temperature
- controlled trucks i.e. road transport is the most
- appropriate transport solution.
- Low fixed cost coupled with the ability to operate door to door.
- Appropriate for the products i.e. vegetables and fruits.
- Hub and Spoke Model in use for distribution.
- High accessibility of road transport and secure transport of vegetables and fruits.
- Vegetables and fruits to be procured from mandis and harts where the access can only be through roads.
- 23. CURRENT WAREHOUSE LOCATIONS
- 24. IT-IMPLEMENTAION
- DAMO has invested in SAP ERP solution and
- implemented the following modules:
- Warehouse Management(WM)
- Finance & Controlling (FICO)
- Sales & Distribution (SD)