construction theme - dd dd dd dd dump truck dump truck . pg 6 / color practice instructions: ......
Post on 06-May-2018
Embed Size (px)
Construction Theme LITERACY & MATH PRESCHOOL PACK
PG 1 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
You are free to copy these pages and store them for your personal homeschool use
only. It is a violation of the copyright to share or distribute to any group for any
reason, without the express permission of the author Kelli Becton.
If you are in need of a special deal for your homeschool group, please dont hesitate
to contact me and we can make arrangements. Thank you for honoring the legal
and correct process, which we depend on in order to continue to bring you quality
This publication is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976. All rights are
reserved. It may not be resold or given away without express permission from
PG 2 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
Aa Aa Aa Aa Aa A worker a worker
PG 3 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
Bb Bb Bb Bb Bb Backhoe backhoe
PG 4 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
Cc Cc Cc Cc Cc Cement mix cement mix
PG 5 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
Dd Dd Dd Dd Dd Dump truck dump truck
PG 6 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
Color practice instructions:
Cut out the construction items on the next page. Cut out the color words on the page after that one. Match the items with the correct color.
Pieces can be laminated for continual practice or glued to a blank page when mastered.
PG 7 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
PG 8 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
PG 9 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
PG 10 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
Place puzzle strips from previous page in place here
PG 11 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
Trace the lines
mmmmmm uuuuuuu vvvvvvv
PG 12 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
Write the numbers
PG 13 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
Cut out the shapes at the bottom - paste into the correct box to complete the pattern.
PG 14 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
Use picture cards to inspire story telling. Take turns picking up a card and making up a part of the story. Use 2 copies of each for a fun memory game.
PG 15 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
PG 16 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
PG 17 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
PG 18 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
Practice counting and adding. Students can point to the correct matching numbers on the next page.
PG 19 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
Point to the correct sum.
PG 20 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
Hands on Learning Ideas with Construction Theme
1. Dirt play/ sand play use a sandbox or make a dirt pile in the yard to create little roads and construction zones. Add construction vehicles for hands on learning fun!
2. Magnet play use a clear tub filled with cedar shavings from the pet store for magnet play. Add nuts, bolts, washers, and screws. Kids will use magnets to search and find metal treasures in the makeshift construction site.
3. Fine motor skills use the same nuts, bolts, washers, and screws to practice twisting them on to each other. You can also poke holes in a cardboard box, push the bolts through, and let kids use simple tools to attach the nuts to the bolts.
4. Set up a construction zone with little trucks and Legos or Duplo. Let kids build houses, schools, stores and plan a community.
5. Playdough use hammers and let kids pound away on playdough before creating something like a road, house, or play rocks to move with their trucks.
6. Funnels use funnels and a table with variety of bowls or bins, sand and water (even with food coloring) for more construction play.
7. Skyscraper building give them straws and tape and have kids build the tallest building they can build.
8. Construction zone rock toss use old socks filled with beans or corn. Pile them in the middle of the room, if possible, use different colors. Place empty bins or boxes in different corners (with colored flags or paper sign) have kids toss the colored bean bag rocks into the appropriate bin to clear the construction site.
PG 21 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
Books & more for construction theme learning.
PG 22 / ADVENTUREHOESCHOOL.COM
Use code: FALLFUN for additional $3 off products
Expires October 31, 2017!
Join our Facebook group: Best Homeschool Deals Here