CIVIL DISTRICT COURT FOR THE PARISH OF Order.pdfcivil district court for the parish of orleans state of louisiana ... motion or on the motion of a party, after hearing, may make such orders as are just, ...
Post on 11-May-2018
CIVIL DISTRICT COURT FOR THE PARISH OF ORLEANS
STATE OF LOUISIANA
NO. DIVISION B SECTION 3
IT IS ORDERED by this court that all parties and all attorneys comply with the
1. This is a ___________________ trial.
2. The length of the trial shall not exceed___days. If the case cannot reasonably be completed in this time, the court may discontinue the trial or may refuse to try the case.
Attorneys must be present and check in with the law clerk at 9:45 a.m.
3. All supplemental amending pleadings and descriptive lists must be filed and served by ___________________. After the pre-trial conference, supplemental and amending
pleadings and incidental demands may be filed only after contradictory hearing.
4. Plaintiff and Defendant shall complete all discovery by ________________________. The parties shall submit a joint detailed descriptive list and pre-trial motion by ________.
FOR CUSTODY/PARTITION CASES:
5. Plaintiff(s) shall employ all experts and disclose in writing the names and addresses of all witnesses including experts and impeachment witnesses as well as exhibit lists on or before
___________________. Failure to disclose such witnesses will preclude their testimony
except for good cause shown.
6. Defendant(s) shall employ all experts and disclose in writing the names and addresses of all witnesses including experts and impeachment witnesses as well as exhibit lists on or
before ____________________. Failure to disclose such witnesses will preclude their
testimony except for good cause shown.
*All preliminary motions, exceptions including motions to compel shall be filed with the
Court on or before ___________________ by 4:00pm, and shall be set for hearing no later
than 15 days prior to trial. However, motions in limine shall only be heard on the morning
of trial. Motions not heard are deemed abandoned. Note that the Court cannot and does
not guarantee to the filer of a motion that the motion will be able to be scheduled for
hearing because of docket backlog. Accordingly, a mover should file motions
substantially early so that a hearing may be timely set.
1Failure to file a joint descriptive list timely will result in a continuance of the trial date.
7. Trial on the merits is scheduled for __________________________, at ___________.
8. A subsequent pre-trial/trial settlement conference is scheduled for
____________________ at _____________ . This conference will be held ____________.
9. It may be appropriate to fix deadlines for all of the above at a conference. This order may
be updated from time to time because extensions of intermediate deadlines may impact the
trial date; extension shall be applied for by contradictory motion. The intent of this order is
to lend the assistance of the Court in preparing the case for trial so that it may be resolved
with reasonable dispatch.
10. All subpoenas shall be ordered with proper instructions and addresses, on or before
15 days prior to trial date. Any witness not properly subpoenaed may testify if the
witness voluntarily appears; however, the court will not compel the attendance nor
grant any relief for non-attendance. Any witness properly subpoenaed who cannot
appear at trial is to be deposed and the transcript of the deposition filed of record
before the date of trial. Continuance will not be granted for the failure to comply
with this provision.
11. The parties shall exchange and submit will call witness lists 15 days prior to trial, on
12. The parties shall exchange and submit exhibit lists 15 days prior to trial, on
13. It shall be mandatory for all counsel to confer personally, not more than 5 days, not
less than 48 hours prior to trial in order to confect stipulations, discuss settlement of
the case and to mark, exchange and identify all physical evidence and exhibits to be
introduced at the trial. If there is disagreement to the use of any exhibit it should be
marked, and each counsel shall file a memorandum setting forth counsels position
on the use of the exhibit.
14. It is recommended that all expert witnesses to be used in this case should be deposed
so that the depositions may be used in the event a witness is unable to appear, or for
use in accordance with La. C.C.P. Art 1450.
15. For all depositions to be offered into evidence, the parties shall, prior to trial, meet
and agree to elimination of all irrelevant and repetitive matters and all colloquy
between counsel. In addition, the parties shall, in good faith, attempt to resolve all
objections to the testimony so that the court will be required to rule only on those
objections to which counsel cannot agree. As to all objections to the testimony which
cannot be amicably resolved, the parties shall deliver to the court, not less than three
working days prior to trial, a statement identifying the portions objected to and the
ground therefor. Proponents and opponents shall furnish the court with
appropriate statements of authorities in support of their positions as the proposed
testimony. Failure to do so may result in sanctions or refusal by the court to permit
IF A PARTYS ATTORNEY FAILS TO OBEY A PRE-TRIAL ORDER, OR TO
APPEAR AT THE PRE-TRIAL AND SCHEDULING CONFERENCE, OR IS
SUBSTANTIALLY UNPREPARED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONFERENCE
OR FAILS TO PARTICIPATE IN GOOD FAITH, THE COURT, ON ITS OWN
MOTION OR ON THE MOTION OF A PARTY, AFTER HEARING, MAY MAKE
SUCH ORDERS AS ARE JUST, INCLUDING ORDERS PROVIDED IN ARTICLE
1471(2), (3), AND (4). IN LIEU OF OR IN ADDITION TO ANY OTHER
SANCTION, THE COURT MAY REQUIRE THE PARTY OR THE ATTORNEY
REPRESENTING THE PARTY OR BOTH TO PAY REASONABLE EXPENSES
INCURRED BY NONCOMPLIANCE WITH THIS PARAGRAPH, INCLUDING
New Orleans, Louisiana, on this Day of __________________, 20___.
JUDGE REGINA BARTHOLOMEW