2016 facebook for real estate agents
out of 43
Post on 22-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. HOW TO NOT FAIL ON FACEBOOK Aaron Lewis President, Broker Realty ONE Group Gold March 2016
- 2. 1.59 Billion people log into Facebook at least monthly. 1.44 Billion used a mobile device. (Source: Facebook Q4 2015 earnings release. As of December 2015)
- 3. 1.04 Billion people log into Facebook at least daily. 934 Million used a mobile device. (Source: Facebook Q4 2015 earnings release. As of December 2015)
- 4. Approximately 1 of every 5 minutes on a smartphone is spent on Facebook. (Source: Facebook Q1 2015 earnings conference call)
- 5. In the US, 91% of millenials (18 to 35 years old) are on Facebook. (Source: Facebook Q2 2015 earnings conference call)
- 6. In the US, the average user opens Facebook 14 times a day. (Source: Facebook Q2 2015 earnings conference call)
- 7. spending an average of 46 minutes on Facebook every day. (Source: Facebook Q2 2015 earnings conference call)
- 8. Sadly, most friends & fans will never see most of your posts. Why?
- 9. Facebooks Edgerank algorithm determines what appears in News Feed. So.. how does it work?
- 10. The following slides come from a PostRocket infographic available on this blog post at HubSpot.com http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/understanding- facebook-edgerank-algorithm-infographic
- 11. News Feed Customization See video at: https://vimeo.com/132961281
- 12. As a Realtor, should I use a Business Page or an individual Profile?
- 13. It depends.
- 14. Reasons FOR using a Page: 1. Content really is public (doesnt require Facebook login). 2. Content is indexed by search engines. 3. Want to advertise? Only Pages can create Ads and Ad Campaigns. 4. You can delegate it by assigning Page Admins. 5. Want privacy? People who like your Page cant see your individual Profile.
- 15. Reasons FOR using a Page: 6. Facebook Insights help you tailor future posts to grow and engage with your fans. 7. Pages have widgets and like buttons that can be embedded into your website or blog. 8. You can choose a custom URL. Heck, it could just be your website. 9. Only Pages appear in the Services section. 10.You can post shamelessly about your business without upsetting others.
- 16. Reasons AGAINST using a Page: 1. Friends are easy, but fans are harder. Why? People care about you than your business. 2. Organic reach of Pages is approaching 0%. 3. Paid reach requires payment. $$. 4. Regular ad campaigns are complicated to set up and maintain.Think Google AdWords. 5. If not done well, it can backfire and form a negative perception of those who see it.
- 17. Therefore what?
- 18. Make sure you have a strong personal profile first. Do a business page when youre ready to do it right.
- 19. Concerned about privacy? Use Smart Friends Lists.
- 20. ImprovingYour FB Interactions 1. Connect with your leads. Become friends! 2. Get a custom URL for your personal profile, add it everywhere (incl email signature). 3. Personal/business should be at least 90/10. 4. Less is more. Photo>Link>YouTube video>text.
- 21. ImprovingYour FB Interactions 6. Stop talking and start engaging! 7. Consider search-ability: use keywords and #hashtags properly. 8. Respond to comments; engage with those who engage with you! 9. Be civil and professional. Always. 10.Focus on local interests. Less noise. 11.Post images of a happy real estate life!
- 22. THANKYOU Aaron Lewis President, Broker Realty ONE Group Gold March 2016 facebook.com/aaronllewis linkedin.com/in/aaronllewis
View more >
Qualified Estate Agents, Auctioneers and Valuers ...ebm. Estate Agents, Auctioneers and Valuers LLANYBYDDER…