william d. bugbee, 2015-08-22آ curriculum vitae william d. bugbee, md position attending...
Post on 24-Jun-2020
Embed Size (px)
William D. Bugbee, MD
POSITION Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon August 2006 – Present Division of Orthopaedic Surgery Director, Adult Reconstruction Fellowship Director, Cartilage Transplant Program Scripps Clinic Director, Adult Reconstruction Fellowship, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery 2009 – Present Scripps Clinic Adjunct Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery 1997 – Present Department of Orthopaedics University of California, San Diego ADDRESS
Scripps Clinic Division of Orthopaedic Surgery 10666 N. Torrey Pines Road Mail Drop: MS116 La Jolla, CA 92037-1030 T: 858.554.7993, F: 858.554.6321 Bugbee.William@scrippshealth.org http://www.scripps.org/research__areas-of-research__orthopedic-research www.drbugbee.com
FELLOWSHIP Adult Reconstructive Surgery, The Anderson Clinic 1994 – 1995 Anderson Orthopaedic Research Institute, Alexandria, VA
RESIDENCY Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Diego Medical Center 1989 – 1994 Affiliated Hospitals, San Diego, CA
INTERNSHIP Surgery, University of California, San Diego Medical Center 1988 – 1989 Veterans Administration Hospital, San Diego, CA
MEDICAL SCHOOL University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 1984 – 1988 Degree: MD, Regents Scholar
UNIVERSITY University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 1978 – 1983
mailto:email@example.com http://www.scripps.org/research__areas-of-research__orthopedic-research http://www.drbugbee.com
William D. Bugbee, MD March 12, 2015 Page ���2
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS) 1997, 2006 California Medical License G066930 September 1989
MEMBERSHIPS / PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS) American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) California Orthopaedic Association International Cartilage Repair Society (ICRS) Medical Advisory Board, Joint Restoration Foundation Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS) The Knee Society San Diego Orthopaedic Society, Board Member Wilson-Bost Society FDA Cellular, Tissue and Gene Therapies Advisory Committee (CTGTAC), Member
REVIEWER: American Journal of Sports Medicine Cartilage Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Journal Orthopaedic Research The Knee
HONORS AND AWARDS Phi Beta Kappa, UCLA 1982 Regents’ Scholarship, School of Medicine, UCSD 1984–1988 Vernon P. Thompson Award, Western Orthopaedic Association 1991, 2002 Department of Orthopaedics Teaching Award, University of California, San Diego 1999, 2005 Vernon P. Thompson & Lloyd W. Taylor Award, Western Ortho Assoc 1999, 2002 Young Investigator Award, Osteoarthritis Research Soc International (OARSI) 2003 San Diego “Top Doctor”, San Diego Magazine 2005–2012 Wayne H. Akeson Teaching Award, Department of Orthopaedics, UCSD 2005 Lloyd Taylor Award, Western Orthopaedic Association 2006 Thornburg Medical Foundation Department of Surgery 2009, 2012 Chairman’s Award for Research in Surgery Kappa Delta Award, Orthopaedic Research Society 2016
CLINICAL/RESEARCH FELLOWS Michael Ostempowski, MD 2002–2003 Todd Dietrick, MD 2003–2004 Joseph Yu, MD 2004–2005 Michael Boyd, MD 2005–2006 Simon Görtz, MD 2004–2009 Kevin C. Casey, MD; Rajeev K. Jain, MD; Alfred Kuo, MD; Kenny Mai, MD 2006–2007 Seann E. Carr, MD; Bradley D. Crow, MD; Harold E. Hunt, MD 2007–2008 James Bliss, MD; Abraham Lin, MD; Nathan Williams, MD 2008–2009 Eric Levicott, MD; Michael Manning, DO; Thomas Tanous, MD 2009–2010 Victor Hakim, MD; Jason Ken Hofer, MD; Gaurav Khanna, MD 2010–2011 Amy Steinhof, MD; Sean Gallagher, MD; Arash Kermanshahi, MD 2011-2012 Kamran Sadr, MD; Eddie Huang, MD; Anthony Czaplicki, MD 2012-2013
William D. Bugbee, MD March 12, 2015 Page ���3
Luis Tirico (Brazil) 2011 Marco Cavallo (Italy) 2012 UCSD BIOENGINEERING PhD COMMITTEE MEMBER Travis Klein 2005 Meghan Blewis, Kanika Chawla, Tannin Schmidt 2006 Nancy Hsieh, Benjamin Wong 2007 Megan Blewis 2008 Nancy D. Hsieh-Bonassera, Benjamin Wong 2009 Jennifer Hwang 2010 Andrea Pallante 2012 Neil Chang
UCSD MEDICAL STUDENTS (ISP) Ramin Rabbani (IChair) Bryan Emmerson, MSII (Chair) Christine Kwak, MSIV (Chair) Bahram Khadivi, MSII (Chair) Andrew Ho (Chair) Don Park (Chair) Tadashi Takara Chester Bai Aaron Powell
Ongoing Research Support
Scripps Clinic Medical Group (PI) 2012–Present Evaluating Osteochondral Allograft Success in Patients with OCD
Scripps Clinic Medical Group (PI) 2011–Present Total Knee Arthroplasty after OCA
OrthoAlign (PI) 2011–Present Accuracy of a Hand Held Surgical Navigation System for Femoral and Tibial Resection in TKA
The Joint Restoration Foundation (PI) 2011–Present Bipolar Ankle Allograft program grant
AlterG (PI) 2011–Present Use of Antigravity Treadmill for Early Rehabilitation in Postop TKA
OrthoAlign (PI) 2010–Present Accuracy of a Hand Held Surgical Navigation Unit for Tibial Resection in TKA
William D. Bugbee, MD March 12, 2015 Page ���4
Completed Research Support
NIH/NIAMS (Co-Investigator) Bioengineering the Maturation, Size, and Shape of articular Cartilage Grafts 2006–2011
NIH (Co-Investigator) Mechanisms of Articular Cartilage Lubrication 2006–2010
NIH/NIAMS (Principal Investigator) In Vivo Performance of Osteochondral Allografts 2008–2012
NIH/NIAMS (Principal Investigator) 2006–2011 Mechanisms of Articular Cartilage Lubrication
NIH/NIAMS (Principal Investigator) In Vivo Performance of Osteochondral Allografts 2009–2011
NIH/NIAMS (Co-Investigator) 2009–2011 Mechanobiology of Human Articular Cartilage Degeneration and Osteoarthritis
NIH/NIAMS (Co-Investigator) 2005–2010 Mechanisms of Articular Cartilage Lubrication
NIH/NIAMS (Principal Investigator) 2004–2007 Fresh Human Osteochondral Allograft Preservation
NFL Charities (Principal Investigator) 2006 Treatment of Advanced Cartilage Defects
Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation (Co-Investigator) 2005 Allograft Research
1. Bugbee WD, Botte MJ: Surface Anatomy of the Hand: The Relationships Between Palmar Skin Creases And Osseous Anatomy. Clin Orthop Relat Res 296:122–26, November 1993.
2. Oates KM, Barrera DL, Tucker WN, Chau CCH, Bugbee WD, Convery FR: In vivo Effects of Pressurization of Polymethyl Methacrylate Bone-Cement: Biomechanical and Histologic Analysis. J Arthroplasty 10(3): 373–81, June 1995.
3. Engh CA, Bugbee WD, Culpepper WJ: Cementless Acetabular Components: Optimum and Outcomes. Orthopedics 18(9): 813–15, September 1995.
4. Bugbee WD, Sychterz CJ, Engh CA: Bone Remodeling Around Cementless Hip Implants. South Med J, 89(11): 1036–40, November 1996.
5. Bugbee WD, Culpepper WJ, Engh CA Jr, Engh CA Sr: Long-Term Clinical Consequences of Stress- Shielding after Total Hip Arthroplasty without Cement. J Bone Joint Surg Am 79A(7): 1007–12, July 1997.
6. Bugbee WD, Ammeen DJ, Parks NL, Engh GA: 4- to-10-Year Results with the Anatomic Modular Total Knee. Clin Orthop Relat Res (348):158–65, March 1998.
William D. Bugbee, MD March 12, 2015 Page ���5
7. Bugbee WD, Convery FR: Osteochondral Allograft Transplantation. Clin Sports Med 18(1): 67–75, January 1999.
8. Bugbee WD: Fresh Osteochondral Allografting. Oper Tech Sports Med 8(2): 158–62, April 2000.
9. Bugbee WD: Fresh Osteochondral Allografts. Semin Arthroplasty 11(4): 221–26, 2000.
10. Sirlin CB, Boutin RD, Brossmann J, Pathria MN, Convery FR, Bugbee W, Resnick D: Polydioxanone Biodegradable Pins in the Knee: MR Imaging. AJR Am J Roentgenol 176(1): 83–90, January 2001.
11. Sirlin CB, Brossmann J, Boutin RD, Pathria MN, Convery FR, Bugbee W, Deutsch R, Lebek LK, Resnick D: Shell Osteochondral Allografts of the Knee: Comparison of MR Imaging Findings and Immunologic Responses. Radiology 219(1): 35–43, April 2001.
12. Bugbee WD: Alternatives to Arthroplasty of the Knee: Biologic Resurfacing. Curr Opin Orthop 12: 1–7, 2001.
13. Bugbee WD, Ammeen DJ; Engh GA: Does Implant Selection Affect Outcome of Revision Knee Arthroplasty? J Arthroplasty 16(5): 581–85, August 2001.
14. Akeson WH, Bugbee W, Chu C, Giurea A: Differences in Mesenchymal Tissue Repair. Clin Orthop Relat Res 391S:S124–S141, October 2001.
15. Bugbee WD: Fresh Osteochondral Allografts. J Knee Surg 15(3): 191–5, 2002.
16. Kim CW, Jamali A, Tontz W Jr., Convery FR, Brage ME, Bugbee WD: Treatment of Post-traumatic Ankle Arthrosis with Bipolar Tibiotalar Osteochondral Shell Allografts. Foot Ankle Int 23(12): 1091– 1102, December 2002.
17. Kurtis, MS, Schmidt TA, Bugbee WD, Loeser RF, Sah RL: Integrin-Mediated Adhesion of Human Articular Chondrocytes to Cartilage. Arthritis Rheum 48(1):110–18, January