the art of design & design thinking
Click here to load reader
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONAn overview of design thinking.
- The Art of Design & Design Thinking
- Framework for 21st Century Learning Adobe, Apple, Microsoft, Crayola, Dell, Intel, Lego, National Education Association, and Others
- Design thinking can help students become successful adults with the 21st century skills of creativity and innovation, critical thinking, and problem solving, and communication and elaboration.
- Design thinking is a human-centered approach to innovation that draws from the designer's toolkit to integrate the needs of people, the possibilities of technology, and the requirements for business success. Tim Brown, president and CEO of IDEO
- Daniel Pink is the guru of design thinking. He believes the future will be won by those who use the right side of their brains, the side that is emotional and creative.
- Design thinking is engaging to students. Design thinking promotes visual literacy. Design thinking provides meaningful opportunities to collaborate with others. Design thinking is another validation of the importance of the arts. Design thinking can lead to careers in the arts. Who can teach it better than art teachers? Why Should Art Teachers Teach Design Thinking?
- Design thinking is a process for practical, creative resolution of problems or issues based around the building up of ideas. It is about the design of objects, information, environments, and experiences. It is not about the elements and principles of art and design.
- IDEO is an award-winning global design firm that takes a human-centered, design-based approach to helping organizations in the public and private sectors innovate and grow.
- Design thinking is the way we approach the world when we imagine exciting new solutions for the future.
- IDEOs Rules for Effective Brainstorming Work collaboratively. The more brains, the better! Defer judgment. There are no bad ideas at this point! Encourage wild ideas. Its the wild ideas that often inspire the breakthrough insights! Build on the ideas of Think and rather than but. Others. Stay focused on topic. You get better quality output if everyone is disciplined. One conversation at a That way ideas can be heard and Time. built upon. Be visual. Try to engage the left and right sides of the brain. Go for quantity. Set an outrageous goal and surpass it!
- A Call to Expand Art Education to Include Design Education: Information Design Object Design Environmental Design Experience Design
- IDEO: We are a global design consultancy. We create impact through design.
- Object Design Designers must be able to design objects that are not only functional but also beautiful or emotionally engaging.
- Designed by the Vignellis
- Charles and Ray Eames
- The Dr Skud Fly Swatter from Alessi. Designed by French designer Philippe Starck, it may seem crude to wield a fly swatter but it is a far more ecological response than an insecticide spray! To counteract the savagery of the blow, Dr Skud wears a delicate human face. A tripod enables him to stand erect like a small guardian angel!
- Zolo Toys It is our goal to create imagery and products that are genuine in spirit, bold in attitude, becoming to the eye, and meaningful in truth.
- interior design product design garden design automotive design environmental design website design fashion design architecture Have Students Apply Design Thinking Processes to Art Problems Using Real World Scenarios.
- Automotive Design
- Information Design
- Experience Design
- Bilbao Guggenheim by Frank Gehry
- Game Design Game Design
- Website Design
- Latino Cultural Center, Dallas
- Environmental Design
- Designers have the unique ability to make us want things we didnt even know we wanted or needed. Sustainable Design
- Retail businesses such as Target and IKEA have built their reputations and success on the basis of selling well-designed objects.
- How can you have your students use design thinking in the classroom? Have students work collaboratively to build upon each others ideas.
- Have students incorporate technology to create projects and collaborate from a distance through Art Ed 2.0.
- Personal Spaces Explorations in Art, Grade 4 www.dentonisd.org/nwalkup
- Explorations in Art, Grade 2
- Dennis Hwang
- Rainforest Habitat I chose this doodle because the rainforest is in danger and it is not fair to the plants and animals. I love everything except spiders and snakes, but I would still save them. Makenzie Melton, Age 9, Grade 3 El Dorado Springs, Missouri National Winner for 2010 Rainforest Habitat
- http://hipporoller.org/multimedia/video-audio/kyknet-groen- bulletin#.U4dGTScb3z5 Design with the Other 90% The Hippo Roller Project