pecha kucha; makerspaces in libraries
out of 20
Post on 05-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPecha Kucha talk for the FabLabCon 2013 in Aachen.
- 1. Makerspaces (and libraries)
- 2. Noord-Brabant 60 Munipali3es 20 Library Organisa3ons 100 loca3ons 1 Network 9 Projects Makerspaces
- 3. Our 3 year mission is; To explore new library concepts and library services. To seek out new partners and engage new communi3es. And to just boldly experiment.
- 4. ?!????!?!???!??!??!?!??!? ????!?!?!??!?!??!?!!?! ?!?!!?!?????????!?!
- 5. A fysical loca,on in which people with a shared interest (mostly but nog exclusively technology or science related) can gather, meet, socialise, learn, teach and create and share knowledge
- 6. A library as a makerspace should: Facilitate room and equipment Support the produc3on of informa3on, knowledge, services and products For the people and by the people Local ini3a3ves Supports personal and professional development
- 7. The mission of librarians is to improve society through facilita,ng knowledge crea,on in their communi,es (Lankes, 2012)
- 8. A library without a collec,on is a communitycentre, a place for debate, seats2meet, Fablab or caf: Everything, but no library (Bruynzeels, 2013)
- 9. But there are challanges Budget cuts No priority No Makers mantality
- 10. We want to make the library a fabulous place! How do you see the future of the makers library?