Mobile Apps Development Competency Building Roadmap
Post on 16-Aug-2015
- 1. Mobile Apps Development Competency Building Roadmap in Telkomsigma Cornelius Mellino, MM.
- 2. Technology Convergence Technological Convergence is the convergence of different arrays of technology to perform similar tasks. Convergence often refers to the synergetic combination of different forms of information such as voice, video, and data onto a single network. The combination of these different communication technologies, which were once separate, are now combined creating new efficiencies. http://ccit333.wikispaces.com/convergence
- 3. Technology Convergence An example of a technological convergence is the cellphone. Cellphones are no longer only used to communicate from one person to another, but are now capable of playing MP3's, take pictures, capture videos etc. As technology improves, so does the quality of these tools. http://ccit333.wikispaces.com/convergence
- 4. Gartner said... The worlds of IT and operational technology (OT) are converging, and IT leaders must manage their transition to converging, aligning and integrating IT and OT environments, according to Gartner, Inc. Analysts say the benefits that come from managing IT and OT convergence, alignment and integration include optimized business processes, enhanced information for better decisions, reduced costs, lower risks and shortened project timelines. http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=1590814
- 5. Gartner said... In 2Q12, 419 million mobile devices were sold, down 2.3% on the same period last year. Open OS (smartphone) devices accounted for over 36.7% of all mobile device sales as Samsung took a significant lead over Apple in this segment. http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=2120015
- 6. Gartner said... Application developers need to prepare for the shift to mobile-centric apps on a variety of devices As an increasing number of workers use mobile devices to perform work duties, IT leaders and application developers need to adapt, according to a study from IT research firm Gartner. Developers and businesses need to evolve mobile applications and interfaces as demand for business-to-business, business-to-employee and business-to-consumer explodes, Gartner says. http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/Mobile-Device-Usage- Rising-App-Developers-Should-Prepare-Gartner-133686/
- 7. contd... Gartner analysts also said developers should start figuring out where the demand for these applications lies, and perform a series of assessments, including mobile-only, mobile-first and legacy studies to further improve application development management. Also important is the implementation of architectural and tool frameworks for future app development, including context-aware applications. http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/Mobile-Device-Usage- Rising-App-Developers-Should-Prepare-Gartner-133686/
- 8. Gartner said... Android has 56.1% share of Global OS market Industry analysts at Gartner claimed that Android was installed on 64.1 per cent of smarphones sold worldwide in the second quarter, compared to 43.4 per cent a year ago, as opposed to 18.8 per cent of Apple's smartphone operating system market share. http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=2120015
- 9. Gartner said... Cloud, Mobility and Open Source Will Drive Application Development Market to Exceed $9 Billion in 2012 http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=2131115
- 10. contd... Application modernization and increasing agility will continue to be a solid driver for AD spending, apart from other emerging dynamics of cloud, mobility and social computing, said Asheesh Raina, principal research analyst at Gartner. These emerging trends are directing AD demand towards newer architectures, programming languages, business model and user skills. http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=2131115
- 11. http://www.ibm.com/smarter-computing/be/en/cloud-server-technologies/
- 12. Where do we start ? Ask yourself : do we really need to ride the tidal wave and make money from it ?...and get the answer in a blink, because 6 months later it will be too late. Building our competencies, which means developing our people, infrastructure and technology. Work like crazy...
- 13. Do we... The answer is f***ing YES
- 14. Building Competencies Year Month Date Milestones Remarks 2012October 1 MForce start 5 Infrastructure ready 8 Source code from Vendor 12 Interfacing to Telkom 29 Android training batch 1 (Basic Android) 22 Code review start November 5 Mobile Developer team preparation Need 2 more developers 5 Get involved in architectural refining 7 Get involved in modules development of phase 2 (30%) 26 Android training batch 2 (Advanced Android) December TBD Get involved in architectural refining TBD Get involved in modules development of phase 3 (50%) 2013January TBD Warranty period start (if the project isn't delayed) 7 Start monitoring the bugfixing and error handling activities 14 Start involving in another project with 100% involvement 28 Android training batch 3 (Basic Android) February 4 Start the product development and innovation activities 25 Android training batch 4 (Advanced Android) March 25 Android training batch 5 (Basic Android) April 22 Android training batch 6 (Advanced Android) May 27 Android training batch 5 (Basic Android) June 3 We'll have a small team, agile, possess high level skill and knowledge about mobile app development, and capable of handling multiple mobile app projects. 24 Android training batch 6 (Advanced Android)
- 15. So... What do we waiting for ?
- 16. Insightful Links http://www.csschopper.com/blog/how-mobile-app-development-can-prove-to-be-lucrative http://www.ibm.com/smarter-computing/be/en/cloud-server-technologies/ http://www.hightechinthehub.com/2011/09/dirty-little-secret-of-the-cloud/
View more >
SHRMs HR Competency Model: A Roadmap for Building s HR Competency Model-A Roadmap to...SHRMs HR Competency Model: A Roadmap for Building Proficiency ... SHRM 2013 Research MODEL DEVELOPMENT ... Training and Development
Windows Phone App Development,ios Mobile Apps Development,Android Mobile Apps Development,Blackberry Mobile Apps Development,Windows Mobile Apps Development
Mobile Apps Development Companies | Mobile Application Services | Mobile Apps Development ideas at Milecore