mednet case study (harvard case study)
Post on 13-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOO
- 2. LwedmetI.Wrhat was the ednet' in 1006?1. How much h .' ' i "2 :edlaet had before-"' quarter,1006?3.Wl1atwas the : :- atJ; . ( 7 ) rate I-iecmet had in 2006?? HODl SI MATHSI.According to Wedet Visitor Survey Results what was the2 J 2: through advertisements Mecmetgenerated?
- 3. llll:rledlletI.I)What was the Hednet profit in zoos:S I llillion (Po I ) 1. 1)IIow much monthly visitors Hedllet had before 4"quarter.zoom 4.3 Million (9.1) 3. 3)What was the cost-per thousand impressions (CPH)rate Hedllet had in zoos?$ I 00 (9.3)'I'I'IODI SI MATHSI.According to Hedllet Visitor Survey Results what was the monthly purchases through advertisements Iledlet generated?(Hint:Review Exhibit 1 and 3)
- 4. What is.'Iledllet? 9 9 7 ?
- 5. "GdGC. com0 Award winning website 0 Founded in 20010 Provide scientifically based med info.to non-professional consumer0 Provide info.for free 0 Income Source:Advertising
- 6. 7 .Who are theplayers m. .. Het side?, ? 7 9
- 7. Heather YatesVice President.Business bevelopment.HedlletVice President.consumer Marketing.HedlletFrank bOnofrio President CEO.HedlletBradley MeyersCFO.Hedllet
- 8. 7 .What is , Windham?7 7 ?
- 9. Windham Pharmaceuticalso Hedllet's bigest advertiso FOIIP years of relationship ,
- 10. 7Who are the players fromWindham side?? 7 7 '7
- 11. llahria Baker(HO.Windham Pharmaceuticals
- 12. 7What is thepresent situation? 7' 1 -7 "?
- 13. A award winning scientific medical information website founded in 9.001 made Si million annual profit in 10065 But in I" quarter of 2001, Paced competition both for visitors and advertisersWindham (biggest revenue source) was _" considering of shifting riedl-let ad dollars to ,Cholesterohcom and MarvelSolve for short term problem. . Re-justify approach to Windham so as not to loose . ; the major income sourceEcol:For?long lasting solution to the new competitive challengesand to grow the business.
- 14. 7 .Why ,study this case? ?
- 15. V. .3 .4 l. _V/:3 E 5 . ; uf Objectives of this case I C) dentify the competition both for visitors and advertisersQ Analyse the competitive dynamics C for short term prepare preliminagy steps to prevent revenue fromdecreasingC) Develop contingency plans for long lasting solutions to newcompetitive challenges and to grow the business. it
- 16. V46,-. :~: e. ~r~ L .2. 7 an.., . H . , .4.. . J . @U@~Ged]L:
View more >