meaningful structure of the five books of moses. i am who i am
Click here to load reader
Post on 18-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Meaningful Structure of the Five Books of Moses
- Slide 2
- I Am Who I Am
- Slide 3
- 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 10 Table of Peoples Adam Adam to Noah Noah Creation account Noah to Abraham Abraham (young Isaac) Ishmael Jacob (old Isaac) Jacobs Sons (Joseph & Judah) Esau/ Edom 5 Distribution of Genesis Verses -- THE TEN TOLEDOT
- Slide 4
- Slide 5
- Slide 6
- Slide 7
- Family Line: Adam to Noah chapter 5 to 6:8 Story of Adam, the Fall, and Cain & Abel - chapter 2:4 to chapter 4:27 Written account of heaven and earth Written account of Adam Written account of Noah Written account of Noahs sons Written account of Shem Written account of Terah Written account of Ishmael Written account of Isaac Written account of Esau Written account of Jacob 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a&b 10 Story of Abraham & young Isaac chapter 11:26 to chapter 25:11 Table of Peoples chapter 10:1 to 11:9 Family Line: Noah to Abraham chapter 11:9 to 26 Story of Noah & the Flood chapter 6:9 to chapter 9:27 Story of old Isaac & Jacob chapter 29:19 to chapter 35:29 Story of Jacobs Sons Judah & Joseph chapter 37 to chapter 50 Family Line of Ishmael chapter 25:12-18 Family Line of Esau/Edom chapter 36 Intro: CREATION chapter 1:1 to 2:3 Written account of Edom
- Slide 8
- Genesis 1:1-2 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. Genesis 1:1-3
- Slide 9
- Genesis 1:3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
- Slide 10
- Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed. on the seventh day he rest- ed.
- Slide 11
- Genesis 1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. A line/4 parts in his own image mankind God so created him he created God in the image of them he created and female male B line/4 parts C line/4 parts Colossians 1:15,16 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created 2 Corinthians 4:4 the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
- Slide 12
- Genesis 2:15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. Genesis 2:16,17 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die." Genesis 2:18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
- Slide 13
- WILL of Mankind in Gods image WORSHIP WORK toward God toward others WILL of the LORD GOD FAMILY Marriage toward Creation Eden Word
- Slide 14
- Genesis 2:17 GOD: "when you eat from it you will certainly die." Genesis 3:4 SATAN: "You will not certainly die," the serpent said to the woman.
- Slide 15
- Genesis 3:14 So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, "Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life. Revelation 12:9 The great dragon was hurled down- -that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. Luke 10:18 "I [Jesus] saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. )
- Slide 16
- Genesis 3:15 " And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will strike your head, and you will strike his heel." G O S P E L FIRTFIRT
- Slide 17
- Genesis 3:16 To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."
- Slide 18
- . Genesis 3:17-19 To Adam he said, "Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life. It will produce thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat the plants of the field. By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."
- Slide 19
- Genesis 3:20 Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living. Genesis 4:1 Adam lay with his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, "With the help of the LORD I have brought forth a man."
- Slide 20
- Genesis 26:2,4 The LORD appeared to Isaac and said,... " I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed... " Isaac 4th universa l
- Slide 54
- "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome." Genesis 32:28
- Slide 55
- Genesis 25:27,28 The boys grew up, and Esau became a skillful hunter, a man of the open country, while Jacob was a quiet man, staying among the tents. Isaac, who had a taste for wild game, loved Esau, but Rebekah loved Jacob.
- Slide 56
- Genesis 27:19 Jacob said to his father, "I am Esau your firstborn. I have done as you told me. Please sit up and eat some of my game so that you may give me your blessing."
- Slide 57
- Jacob 5th universa l Genesis 28:14 "Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your [seed]."
- Slide 58
- Reuben Zebulun Judah Simeon Levi Naphtali Dan Gad Asher IssacharBenjamin Joseph Dinah
- Slide 59
- Genesis 32:26-28 Then the man said, "Let me go, for it is daybreak." But Jacob replied, "I will not let you go unless you bless me." The man asked him, "What is your name?" "Jacob," he answered. Then the man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome."
- Slide 60
- all nations blessed through you wrestles with God name becomes Israel grabs heel grabs birthright plots with mother deceives father united with Joseph and meets Pharaoh family prospers blesses sons Journeys from Canaan to Egypt with the Lord's blessing Vision of angels on a staircase to heaven in Bethel
- Slide 61
- Jacob settles in Shechem; Dinah raped; deception of Simeon and Levi (33b-34) Jacob returns to Bethel; birthright and blessing are confirmed (35a) Israel and Esau meet in peace (33a) Jacob flees from Haran service to Laban ended (31) Jacob meets angels at Mahanaim; prepares to meet Esaus army (32a) Jacob prepares to meet Esaus army (32b) Jacob becomes Israel by wrestling with the LORDs angel (32c) Isaac deceived by Jacob & Rebekah birthright goes to Jacob (27a) Jacob arrives in Haran; be ins 20 years of service to Laban (29a) Esau seeks to kill his brother (27b) Jacob flees after Isaac re-blesses him (28a) Vision of angels at Bethel: all peoples on earth will be blessed (28b) Jacob claims the birthright over a bowl of soup (25c) Leah bears Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah (29c) Bilhah bears Dan, Naphtali ; Zilpah bears Gad, Asher (30a) Leah bears Issachar, Zebulun and Dinah (30b) Rachel bears her firstborn: Joseph (30c) Isaac & Rebekah pray for children over 20 years (25a) Isaac dies and is buried by his sons Jacob and Esau (35b) Twins born to Rebekah: mother told the elder would serve the younger (25b) Jacob tricked over wages 10 times (30d) Famine: Isaac lies to Philistines, God: all nations will be blessed (26) Jacob tricked into marrying twice (29b) Rachel bears Benjamin (completing his family); she dies, Reubens incest, (35b) Symmetry in Gods Word about Jacob (29:19 35:29) g ISRAELs future established through Jacobs sons CHILDREN OF ISRAEL
- Slide 62
- Joseph is a fruitful vine. Genesis 49: 9 & 22 You are a lion's cub, O Judah
- Slide 63
- Genesis 37:28 So when the Midianite merchants came by, his brothers pulled Joseph up out of the cistern and sold him for twenty shekels of silver to the Ishmaelites, who took him to Egypt.
- Slide 64
- Genesis 38:16 Not realizing that she was his daughter-in-law, he [Judah] went over to herand said, "Come now, let me sleep with you." Judahsaid, "She is more righteous than I, since I wouldn't give her to my son Shelah."
- Slide 65
- Genesis 41:53 The seven years of abundance in Egypt came to an end, and the seven years of famine began, just as Joseph had said.
- Slide 66
- Genesis 42:7 As soon as Joseph saw his brothers, he recognized them, but he pretended to be a stranger and spoke harshly to them. "Where do you come from?" he asked. "From the land of Canaan," they replied, "to buy food."
- Slide 67
- Genesis 45: 4,5 Then Joseph said to his brothers "I am your brother Joseph, the one you sold into Egypt! And, now do not be distressed and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you." Genesis 4