Jaguar- TATA Motors
out of 21
Post on 10-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
- Presented By :Navneet Sharma Utkarsh Tripathi Abhishek Uttam
- JLR was a part of Ford's Premier Automotive Group (PAG) and were considered to be British icons. Jaguar was involved in the manufacture of high-end luxury cars. Jaguar Cars Ltd. ( better known simply as Jaguar) is an automaker from England,United Kingdom that manufactures luxury and executive motor car. Sir William Lyons founded jaguar as the Swallow Sidecar Company in 1922, originally making motorcycle sidecars before switching to passenger cars.
- Reports said losses at Jaguar stood at USD 715 million in 2006. Jaguar was not able to provide any profit for ford because of the high manufacturing costs provided in the United Kingdom. Ford finds it difficult to manage the operations of Jaguar. In 2007, Ford declares to sell its luxurious brand Jaguar.
- 12/06/2007- Announcement from Ford that it plans to sell Land Rover and Jaguar. August 2007 - Major bidders were identified Tata Motors , M&M, Ceribrus capital Management, TPG Capital, Apollo Management Indias Tata Motors and M&M arrived as top bidders ($ 2.05b & $ 1.9b). 03/01/2008 - Ford announces Tata as the preferred bidders. 26/03/2008 - Ford agreed to sell their Jaguar Land Rover operations to Tata Motors.(2.3b). 02/06/2008 - The acquisition was complete.
- Tata wanted to make a global impact and it thinks that buying these brands at a lower rate now, will give better value later on. This acquisition also eases the entry of Tata in European market which it has been eyeing for long. At the price staring from 63 lakh and going upto 93 lakh, it seems Tata has just got the right place to compete with the current market leaders in luxury brands BMW, Audi, Mercedes Access to large distribution network JLR had many new models lined up for next 3 years, so no much work, just profits Strong R & D culture and facilities
- Strengths: Weaknesses: Tatas strong management capability Strong monetary base to invest Jaguars declining sales record Opportunities: Inexperience of handling such luxury brands Tatas Jaguar Land Rover Acquisition Support from Ford in terms of Technology, Engine, IT, Accounting Adding up of luxury brands in the product line Access to European Market Threats Market is volatile and driven by new products Strong presence of competitors like Mercedes, BMW, Lexus and Infinity
- Desire to have high level of luxury car with performance Unique driving experience Lifestyle perspective Status Symbol Craze to be Fast and Powerful Brand Conscious To make a style statement
- Target Market Age Group 30 late 40 yrs. Indian metro cities Delhi, Mumbai, Banglore, Hyderabad where the majority of rich are loacted
- Jaguar Drive Control Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) Computer Active Technology Suspension (CATS) Key less entry system Start stop button Jaguar Voice voice activated controls
- Mood Lighting Advanced GPS Auto DJ Hi-Fi Sound System Intelligent Headlamp Bullet Proof Body (Optional)
- High Value Product A Competitive Advantage Unique in its class To achieve good margins Within the reach of targeted customer base
- Jaguar/Land Rover lost 306 million pounds ($504 million) for the fiscal year ending March 2009 Demand for luxury cars collapsed as a result of financial crisis Tata Motors reported a net loss of Rs3.29bn ($67 million) for the quarter to end-June Extremely high manufacturing costs in BritainEliminated more than 2,200 jobs
- Improved financial conditions Refinancing from CITI group and JP MORGAN Started making profits in 2010 upto 41 % Entered CHINA in march 2012 with a joint venture with Chery automobiles
View more >
Tata Motors People’s Car | Jaguar Land Rover EEP 142 ...are. sberto/ MOTORS PEOPLE’S CAR | JAGUAR LAND ROVER EEP 142 – SPRING 2008 GRACE HSEUH • JEANNIE FONG KELLY YANG • KINNDY LIN ABOUT TATA MOTORS o Established in 1945 o India’s largest automobile
CISCO SPARK POWERED BY - Tata Communications nbsp;· CISCO SPARK POWERED BY . ... TATA POWER TATA STEEL TATA MOTORS TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES JAGUAR LAND ROVER ... Tata Communications Presentation
Tata Motors DVR - India Equity Research, Ideas Motors is a TATA Group subsidiary, with Tata ... Tata Nano, the worlds cheapest car to hi – end vehicles under their Jaguar and Land Rover luxury
Tata Motors People’s Car | Jaguar Land Rover EEP 142 ... sberto/ MOTORS PEOPLE’S CAR | JAGUAR LAND ROVER EEP 142 ... o One of Tata Group’s 98 operating companies ... THE TATA NANO PROMISE