Post on 12-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Ireland By: James Rentiers
- 2. Location of Ireland
- The island of Ireland is located in the north-west of Europe, between latitudes 51 and 56 N, and longitudes 11and 5 W.
- 3. It is seperated from the neighboring island of Great Britainby the Irish Sea and the North Channel.
- 4. To the west is the northern Atlantic Oceanand to the south is the Celtic Sea.
- 5. History of Ireland
- 9000 years ago Ireland most of ireland was covered with ice.
- 6. Around 4500 to 4000 BC sheep, goats, and cattle were imported into Ireland from the Iberian Peninsula.
- 7. In 1542 Irish Parliament passed the Crown of Ireland Act, which established a Kingdom of Ireland
- 8. Dec. 6, 1921 Irish War of Independence ends.
- 9. Culture of Ireland
- Ireland's culture is comprised of many influential countries such as: Scotland,Wales, and Great Britain
- 10. Religon is a major part of Ireland having nearly 90% of the Irish Roman Catholic.
- 11. The official language of Ireland is English, however Gaelic languages are spoken on the western coast.
- 12. Food in Ireland is changing dramatically with more and more fast-food.
- 13. Economy of Ireland
- Ireland was largely passed over by the Industrial Revoloution because they do not have very much coal or iron ore.
- 14. Mass emigration followed The Great Famine in the mid 1900's.
- 15. During the 1990's Ireland's economy reversed dramatically beginning unprecedented economic growth.
- 16. However, in 2008 Ireland went into recession and un employment rate jumped.
View more >
Northern Ireland's Alternative Energy Source This is a slideshow about a new renewable energy resource for Northern Ireland
Ireland & Northern Ireland 2014 Guide to Composting and ... ?· Ireland & Northern Ireland 2014 Guide…