investing in agribusiness (pamumuhunan sa agribusiness)
Post on 14-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONa Presentation by the Department of Agriculture (DA) at the BSP Regional Financial Literacy Campaign for OFWs in Bacolod City, Philippines on June 28, 2007
- 1. Department of Agriculture INVESTING IN AGRIBUSINESS (Pamumuhunan sa Agribusiness)
2. What is Agribusiness? Practically ,a business that is agriculture, fishery or forestry based Operationally , it is a system - it operates holestically through interdependent subsystems that a failure of one is the failure of the whole system It is market-led 3. Why invest in Agribusiness?
- The Philippine is an agriculture country
- Available agribusiness land
- High demand for agriculture and fisheryproducts
- Import substitution
- High returns on investment
4. Why invest in Agribusiness?
- Investment is flexible depending on project size
- More jobs are created in rural areas
- Potential dollar earners
- Have value adding activities
- Create complimentary industries
5. Who can invest in Agribusiness?
- Any body who possess the following:
- Creativity-are you creative?
- Consistency-are you consistent?
- Passion-do you have passion inagribusiness?
- Visionary - do you see the future?
6. What are some investment modalities?
- Contract growing scheme
- Company-Managed Farm Set-up
- Cooperative-Managed Project
- Joint Venture
- Sole proprietorship
7. What are some potential Agribusiness projects?
- Ornamental Plants
- cutflowers, cutfolliage,potted plants, asthers etc.
- start as hobby
- requires small area
- highly profitable
- big market
8. What are some potential Agribusiness projects?
- Poultry Raising
- Chicken (meat & egg)-free range chicken, broiler contract growing
- Duck (meat & egg)
- Livestock Raising
- Hog, goat and cattle
- Honeybee production
9. What are some potential Agribusiness projects?
- Production of High Value Crops
- Mango, Banana, Papaya, Strawberry, Calamansi, Pineapple, Jackfruits, Durian, Mangosteen, etc.
- Vegetables: tomato, cucumber, lettuce, celery, mushrooms, etc.), squash, herbs,
- Other Crops
- peanut, mongo, corn, (yellow & white), lanzones,Morongay(malungay),
10. What are some potential Agribusiness projects?
- Industrial Crops:Rubber, Oil Palm, Cassava, Abaca,
- Beverages:Coffee, Cacao
- Aquarium fish
11. What are some potential Agribusiness projects?
- food processing- strawberry jam, peanut butter, ubi jam, ubi powder, fruit juices, dried fruits, durian jam, powdered vegetables herbs, powdered kalabasa, coco sugar sap, tocino, longanisa,etc.
- Organic Farming
- Organic Fertilizer
12. DA Assistance to Investors
- Technical - through bureaus and attached agencies (BPI,BAI, BFAR, BSWM, PCA, SRA, NMIS, etc.)
- Investment & Enterprise Development(AMAS/AMAD)
- Market matching (AMAS/AMAD)
- Financial (QUEDANCOR, LBP,ACEF)
- Tariff free importation of agricultural inputs & machinery (EO 376)
13. SECURA All parts of Malunggay are useful 14. SECURA 15. SECURA 16. SECURA Chichirica 17. SECURA Pomegranate (granada) 18. SECURA Papain Pectin Papaya seed Oil Super Oxide Dismutase Fruit cocktail Ethanol Vinegar Latex catcher Latex 19. API products from Philippine Agriculture
- Annatto carotenoids
- Mangosteen Xanthocyanins
- Sambong camphor oils
- Damong Maria - artimissin
- Takip Kuhol - asiaticoside
- Chichirica - vincristine
- Luyang Dilaw curcumin
- Pomegranate(granada) anti-oxidants
- Papaya papain
- Pineapple Bromelain
- Tomato lycopene
- Banaba-corosolic acid
20. SECURA 21. 22. SECURA Total supplier for biotechnology research since 1993 23. Thank you and God Bless!