InHerit Inspiring Heritage Renewal and Identity Together Connecting Communities, Connecting Generations.
Post on 18-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- InHerit Inspiring Heritage Renewal and Identity Together Connecting Communities, Connecting Generations
- Slide 2
- Developed by the Quebec Anglophone Heritage Network With support of the Provincial Coordinating Team Community Learning Centres
- Slide 3
- Quebec Anglophone Heritage Network (QAHN) Local museums and heritage centres 50 + community groups across Quebec Non-profit, non-partisan & volunteer-driven Archives and historical artefact collections
- Slide 4
- Our Vision Schools and volunteer groups collaborate on community-based projects A culture of learning and sharing knowledge inspired by places where we live Engaged learners of all ages who appreciate and care for their communities Able citizens and tomorrows leaders
- Slide 5
- Challenges Finding better ways to connect with younger generations Creating learning projects that tap into students skills and interests Sustaining partnerships between schools and the communities they serve
- Slide 6
- Community-based Service Learning Learning that is hands-on Allows youth to apply skills and knowledge Benefits schools and the whole community
- Slide 7
- Slide 8
- Inspiring Heritage Engagement, Renewal and Identity Together InHerit Our Goal To encourage young Quebecers to discover and appreciate the history and heritage of the places where they live
- Slide 9
- Our Approach To promote project-based learning partnerships between teachers and volunteer community groups Inspiring Heritage Engagement, Renewal and Identity Together InHerit
- Slide 10
- The Legacy A guide to creating InHerit-style learning projects in your schools that engage youth and contribute to local history and heritage activities. Inspiring Heritage Engagement, Renewal and Identity Together InHerit
- Slide 11
- Slide 12
- Curriculum Links Geography History & Citizenship Language Arts Media Literacy Visual Arts French as a Second Language
- Slide 13
- Inspiring Project from Mtis Beach School Paint our Heritage
- Slide 14
- Welcome to Old Harry Magdalen Islands students create a digital audio tour of ten heritage landmarks in their community
- Slide 15
- Tips for Success 1. Brainstorm the idea with students and other members of the community 2. Involve local historical/heritage partners, such as museums or historical societies 3. Provide a service that meets a need or needs in the community. 4. Invite parents to participate as volunteers
- Slide 16
- InHerit Projects . Fit with curriculum objectives Help instill and reinforce sense of community pride and belonging Are built on partnerships, i.e. between teachers, CLCs, history societies, community associations, libraries, municipal agencies, etc.
- Slide 17
- InHerit Award 2013 Recognition program for youth volunteers age 13-24 who contribute to local history & heritage preservation. Nominations deadline: 30 March 2013. Details on QAHN website. Awards will be presented on June 1, 2013 in Stanstead, Quebec.
View more >
CONNECTING REFORMATION HERITAGE IN ?· CONNECTING REFORMATION HERITAGE IN CENTRAL EUROPE . Policy Conference…
It’s about… Connecting People Connecting Parks Connecting Programs Connecting Communities Connecting Californians It’s about… Space to learn & play Space.
Connecting Generations Home of Creative Mentoring, Seasons of Respect, and Creative Transitions Connecting Generations Creative Mentoring ® Program Starting.