holding steady in lifes storms
out of 6
Post on 08-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- These Storms are various troubles that can come in life.John 16:33
- There are two types of Christians:
- Those who are in a storm.
- Those who are heading into one.
- InRomans 8:28God gives us knowledge
- to help us as we navigate the storms.
- 3. Storms, What Storms?
- Every Christian will experience storms.
- Storms (crisis, various troubles) come in many forms.
- We cannot control when the storms come.
- But we can prepare for them.Mt. 6:34;2Tim. 2
- We can controlhow we reactto each hardship that comes our way.Prov. 3:5-6
- Jesus taught about storms.Matthew 7:24ff
- Gods family will suffer persecutions.2 Tim. 3:12; Lk. 22:31; Joseph, Job
- 4. Jesus Is With Us All the Way!
- Matthew 8:23-27
- We need to exercise our faith in Him!Jn. 14:1
- We need to find that peace, living in the will of God that Jesus had.John 14:27
- It is though Jesus power that we can hush the storms.Matthew 21:20-22
- Sometimes storms come because of our obedience not because of disobedience.
- Matthew 8:21-23
- God is with us through the storms!Ps. 121:4; Ps. 91:14-15 ; Heb. 13:5
- 5. Purposes of Lifes Storms
- It helps us to learn the main purposes for the storms. Read Psalm 23 There are:
- Correcting storms.Heb. 12:5-6
- When we do wrong God disciplines us with storms. Sometimes we bring storms on ourselves.
- Protecting storms.Mt. 14:22; Psalm 23:4
- God always wants us to be protected from predators- we must keep close to the Shepherd
- Perfecting storms.2 Cor. 4:17-18
- Take Jesus with you as you go to the other side. Mark 4:35; Isa. 43:2; Phil. 1:6; Heb. 12:2
- 6. Looking To Heaven
- Sometimes the storm never stops until we get to the other side!
- With Jesus you will make it to the other side!Acts 27:31
- Let Jesus onboard in your life today.
- Hear and believe.Rom. 10:17
- Repent of sin.Acts 3:19
- Confess Jesus.Acts 8:37
- Be baptized.Acts 2:38
View more >
A DIALOGUE BETWEEN OLD MASTER STILL LIFES ?· SEIZING BEAUTY: A DIALOGUE BETWEEN OLD MASTER STILL LIFES…