eugene php june 2015 - let's talk laravel
out of 27
Post on 10-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Let's Talk Laravel EUG PHP Meetup June 17th, 2015 Presented by Max Schwanekamp Graciously hosted by IDX Broker Eugene idxbroker.com
- 2. Who is this guy? Max Schwanekamp Lead Developer, CE Learning Systems EUG PHP Organizer Twitter: @anaxamaxan email@example.com
- 3. Instead, think of yourself as a software writer. Good code is about clarity. DHH (David Heinemeier Hansson, creator of Ruby on Rails)
- 4. What is Laravel? Who's responsible for this madness? Who should use it? Who shouldn't? Why? Some tasty bits Can I have fries that? Learn more, get help and have fun
- 5. What is this thing? Application framework for PHP 5.5+ Currently the most popular PHP app framework on Github Approaching 5 Million composer installs (packagist)
- 6. What is this thing? A set of components so you can stop reinventing wheels A set of guidelines and best practices to make creating your apps simpler and more enjoyable A community of friendly, helpful developers worldwide
- 7. Who's behind the curtain? Created by Taylor Otwell, formerly lead developer for UserScape, now works on Laravel full time. Numerous community contributors of course - GrahamCampbell esp prominent Jeffrey Way is the Ofcial Laravel Cheerleader (his words, podcast)
- 8. Who is Laravel for? Business application developers Mobile developers needing a robust backend with minimal fuss Devs looking for a modern, standards-friendly approach to PHP Any PHP dev who wants a balance of tools along with exibility & control
- 9. Who it's not for: If you're only using PHP for Wordpress or other CMS work, maybe you shouldn't bother with this. BUT, maybe you want to add some custom component that your CMS makes difcult.
- 10. PHP Frameworks Ordered "heavy" to "light"; that doesn't necessarily correlate to performance Zend & Symfony Laravel Yii, Kohana, CodeIgniter 2, Cake 2 PHPixie Phalcon - good alternative Slim Lumen
- 11. Speaking of Symfony Laravel is closely tied with Symfony, using a number of core components, such as Routing, Translation, HttpFoundation, etc. More third-party components built in Flysystem, Swiftmailer, DotEnv, Psysh, Carbon, etc etc Composer and Packagist make it all possible
- 12. Why should I care?
- 13. Laravel vs straight PHP Helper classes and functions: Laravel's syntactic sugar makes PHP quite bearable, even enjoyable. Takes advantage of newer PHP language features, e.g. late static binding, SPL classes, and OMG so many closures. Laravel offers so much helpfulness. It's kind of insane to reinvent that many wheels.
- 14. So. Much. Helpfulness: Composer Rules It All Routing Caching Event Handling Service Container Dependency Injection Eloquent ORM Migrations Schema Builder Artisan commands Queue Workers Task scheduling PSR-7 Middleware - with parameters! Authentication Socialite Elixir wrapper for Gulp Translation and Localization Cloud Filesystem Storage Validation Collections Helpers helpers helpers
- 15. Example: Routing
View more >
คู่มือการใ ช้งาน Laravel 4 ฉบับแปล ??นะนําตวักนักอ่น ปรชัญาของ Laravel Laravel เป็น php framework ทเี นน้ไปที ความ
Laravel - uniba. slama6/bak-praca/books/laravel_tutorial.pdf · Laravel 1 Introduction Laravel is an…