Electricity Static ElectricityCurrent Electricity.
out of 12
Post on 25-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Electricity Static ElectricityCurrent Electricity
- Slide 2
- Atom Atomic ParticleChargeMass Electron 1.6 10 -19 C9.11 10 -31 Kg Proton +1.6 10 -19 C1.673 10 -27 Kg Neutron0 1.675 10 -27 Kg
- Slide 3
- Electric Current The electric current is the amount of charge per unit time that passes through a surface that is perpendicular to the motion of the charges. The SI unit of electric current is the ampere (A), after the French mathematician Andr Ampre (1775-1836). 1 A = 1 C/s. Ampere is a large unit for current. In practice milliampere (mA) and microampere (A) are used.
- Slide 4
- Electrical Quantities and their Units QuantitySymbolUnit Name Unit Abbreviation CurrentIampereA VoltageVvoltV ResistanceRohm PowerPwattW
- Slide 5
- Emfs or Voltages of Common Batteries Car battery = 12 V AAA, AA, C, D = 1.5 V 9-volt battery = 9 V Lantern battery = 6 V
- Slide 6
- Ohms Law Georg Simon Ohm (1787-1854), a German physicist, discovered Ohms law in 1826. This is an experimental law, valid for both alternating current (ac) and direct current (dc) circuits. When you pass an electric current (I) through a resistance (R) there will be a potential difference or voltage (V) created across the resistance. Ohms law gives a relationship between the voltage (V), current (I), and resistance (R) as follows: V = I R P1: An automobile has a 18-W reading lamp in the ceiling. This lamp operates with a voltage drop of 12 V across it. How much current flows through the lamp? P2: How much current will flow through a 60-W household table lamp, when connected to a 120-volt outlet?
- Slide 7
- Electric Power,P The SI unit of power is watt, after James Watt (1736-1819), who developed steam engines. Utility companies use the unit kilowatt-hour to measure the electrical energy used by customers. One kilowatt-hour, kWh is the energy consumed for one hour at a power rate of 1 kW.
- Slide 8
- Killowatt-hour (kWh) The SI unit of power is watt, after James Watt (1736-1819), who developed steam engines. Utility companies use the unit kilowatt-hour to measure the electrical energy used by customers. One kilowatt-hour, kWh is the energy consumed for one hour at a power rate of 1 kW. P: An appliance with a power rating of 1500-W is used 10 hours a day. If the cost of electricity is 12 cents per kilowatt hour, how much does it cost to operate this appliance for the month of April?
- Slide 9
- Series and Parallel Circuit Series Circuit Parallel Circuit Household Circuit
- Slide 10
- Electricity: Generation and Transmission http://www.duke-energy.com/about-energy/generating-electricity/nuclear.asp
- Slide 11
- Transformers A transformer consists of a primary coil and a secondary coil, both wound on an iron core. The changing magnetic flux produced by the current in the primary coil induces an emf in the secondary coil. At the far right is the symbol for a transformer. A transformer is a device for increasing or decreasing an ac voltage.
- Slide 12
- Faradays Law and Electric Generators
View more >
Static electricity Revise the following: How static electricity can be created? Uses of static electricity Dangers of static electricity.
ELECTRICITY: Static Electricity Static Electricity Atomic Model Electrical Charges Electrical Forces.
Static VS. Current Electricity. Static Electricity The buildup of electric charges on an object is called static electricity. An example of static electricity.
1 Chapter 10 Electricity Section 10.1 Static Electricity December 1: Static Electricity − Coulomb’s law.
Topic 4 Static Electricity - Physics 4 Static Physics 0625 notes Topic 4: Static Electricity 1 TOPIC 4 STATIC ELECTRICITY ELECTRICITY: Electricity is the flow of electrical charges or power.
Topic 4 Static Electricity - Physics 0625 notes Topic 4: Static Electricity 1 TOPIC 4 STATIC ELECTRICITY ELECTRICITY: Electricity is the flow of electrical charges or power.
Electricity. Static Electricity Static electricity is the buildup of excess electric charge on an object.
Static Electricity Prevention Equipment removal of static electricity Electrostatic Removal Equipment Removing static electricity by ionizer ... Uneven painting
Static Electricity Lab Report - s3. Name: Static Electricity Lab Report Static Electricity. I. Purpose. II. Materials. III. Procedure
Electricity 101 Charges Static electricity. 1. Electricity describes all phenomena caused by positive and negative charges Static Electricity -Transfer.