digital storytelling, visual literacy and 21st century learning
out of 33
Post on 18-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Digital Storytelling, VisualLiteracy and 21st Century Learning Presented by Alfredo Papaseit CIS PD Session March 25, 2011
- 2. Luxo JrWhat do you think?
- 3. The Changing Media Landscape http://www.fotopedia.com/items/flickr-2830319467
- 4. http://blog-imgs-27.fc2.com/s/h/i/shiokazek/20050712153143.jpg
- 5. but have you seen this Googlelittrips.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gMSRFllN9M What do you think?
- 6. or what happens when you can combine Flickr and Google earth ViewFinder
- 7. ViewFinderhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VffQfDCY ns&featur e=player_embedded What do you think?
- 8. and the company you areapplying to, starts accepting audiovisual application letters? Chris Traeger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVY5_YdFa40
- 9. Welcome to the Human Network
- 10. What do you think?
- 11. Communicating Visually in the 21st Century: A Visual Literacy Framework Image from:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2227/1824234195_e6b913c563_z.jpg?zz=1
- 12. Biological basisfor Visualcommunication Image from: http://mediaspin.com/blog/?paged=22
- 13. Auditory nerve: 30,000 fibers. Optic nerve: 1 million fibers (Burmark, 2002)Image from:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2664/4013906048_cab928d3ae.jpg
- 14. Basically, youve got a dial- up connection from the ear to the brain and broadband from the eye to the brainImage from:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2664/4013906048_cab928d3ae.jpg
- 15. What is your definition of visual literacy? What do you think?
- 16. My definition of visual literacy http://images.elfwood.com/art/e/d/edea/SciFi.Fantasy.Ice_Spirit_Eye_.eye.jpg.rZd.223016.jpg http://farm1.static.flickr.com/70/166216003_4fedec7570_o.jpg
- 17. Navigating Evaluating Communicating
- 18. Navigate kids have to be able to find stuff (Creative Commons Search) Image from: http://www.wikihow.com/Image:Trinket-Compass-4531.jpg http://www.flickr.com/photos/chop/4972617478/
- 19. Evaluatekids have to seekmeaning in images. Image from: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3598/3444063292_92449af37a_b.jpg
- 20. Communicate kids have to use images to create meaning, by telling stories, creating content, and contributing.
- 21. Digital Storytelling vs. Digital SpectacleTrue digital storytelling is grounded in the developmentof personal stories through narrative, and focuses ondeveloping fundamental skills such as: Writing Accessing, evaluating and synthesizing media Project management Technical and computer use Understanding how to use intellectual property in an ethical and socially acceptable manner http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3597/3394439610_907d99c8c5_b.jpg
- 22. Communicate Teacher tube Youtube -- Second Life -- Film on the fly: Jing Our stories -- VoiceThread
- 23. Elements of Digital Storytelling: Point of view Dramatic questions Emotional content The gift of your voice Soundtrack Economy Pacing http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3213/2663002763_a567d12488_b.jpg
- 24. Point of view What is the main point of the story and what is the perspective of the author? http://farm1.static.flickr.com/210/491671002_3c2ef93b09_z.jpg?zz=1
- 25. Dramatic question A key question that keeps the viewers attention and will be answered by the end of the story.Image from: http://flickr.com/photos/jimfrazier/525695141/ http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3367/3446437797_505fd1e145_z.jpg?zz=1
- 26. Emotional contentSerious issues that come alive in apersonal and powerful way andconnects the story to the audience. Image from: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2787/4185966439_2d527363c0_o.jpg
- 27. The gift of your voice A way to personalize the story to help the audience understand the context.
- 28. Soundtrack: Music or other sounds that support and embellish the storyline Image from: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4134/4881733858_e63977dda9_b.jpg
- 29. Economy Using enough content to tell the story without overloading the viewer
- 30. Pacing The rhythm of the story and how slowly or quickly it progresses. http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1207/1323025528_d2a63b1aec_o.jpg
- 31. The end of the lights What do you think?
- 32. 21st Century Literacy How ar
View more >