DEVELOPING A POSITIVE FIRST IMPRESSION
out of 8
Post on 18-Aug-2015
- 1. DEVELOPING A POSITIVE FIRST IMPRESSION Presented By Fiifi Amissah UBA (Ghana) Ltd.
- 2. DEVELOPING A POSITIVE FIRST IMPRESSION It takes just a quick glance, maybe three seconds, for someone to evaluate you when you meet for the first time. Within only three seconds, you make an indelible impression. You may intrigue some and disenchant others. The other person forms an opinion about you based on your appearance, your body language, your demeanour, your mannerisms, and how you are dressed.
- 3. DEVELOPING A POSITIVE FIRST IMPRESSION This first impression process occurs in every new situation. Within the first few seconds, people pass judgment on you looking for common surface clues. Once the first impression is made, it is virtually irreversible. People appraise your visual and behavioural appearance from head to toe. They observe your demeanour, mannerisms, and body language and even assess your grooming and accessories watch, handbag, briefcase
- 4. DEVELOPING A POSITIVE FIRST IMPRESSION These first impression can be nearly impossible to reverse or undo. So make those first encounters extremely important. Be it in your career or social life, its important to know how to create a good first impression.
- 5. DEVELOPING A POSITIVE FIRST IMPRESSION BE ON TIME (Work Full Days - Establish a Good Attendance Record) BE YOURSELF, BE AT EASE PRESENT YOURSELF APPROPRIATELY (Dress Professionally/Blend in With Co-Workers) (Keep Personal Business on Company Time to a Min.) (Keep Your Boss Informed - of Everything)
- 6. DEVELOPING A POSITIVE FIRST IMPRESSION BE INDIVIDUAL (Be a Self-Starter; Take Initiative) (Ask Questions/Ask for Help) (Find a Mentor) BE COURTEOUS AND ATTENTIVE A WINNING SMILE! (Learn Co-Workers Names Quickly) (Avoid Office Politics and Gossip)
- 7. DEVELOPING A POSITIVE FIRST IMPRESSION SMALL TALK GOES A LONG WAY (Listen More than Talk) (Track Accomplishments) (Show Appreciation) BE OPEN AND CONFIDENT (Show Your Team Spirit) (Discover Everything About Your New Employer)
- 8. DEVELOPING A POSITIVE FIRST IMPRESSION BE POSITIVE (Have a Positive Attitude) (Get and Stay Organized/Set Goals) (Take Advantage of After-Hours Activities)
View more >
Personal Characteristics of a Healthcare Worker. Impression Positive first impression may be obtained with well groomed, natural appearance Healthy lifestyle.
PUBLIC SPEAKING - First Positive Impression and Increasing Credibility: How to Become a Reliable Speaker
TURNOUT. It is often said that the first impression is the last impression. So, efforts must be taken to ensure that a positive long lasting impression.
Making a Positive Impression in a Negotiation: Gender Differences in Response to Impression Motivation