c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\rubas combustion powerpoint
Post on 15-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Combustion Reaction By: Ruba Ghawi
2. What is a Combustion Reaction?
- It is a reaction between an oxidant and a fuel source
3. What is the Fire Triangle?
- It is a triangle that tells you what you need to make or form a fire.
4. What is Activation Energy?
- Activation energy is the energy needed to create a chemical reaction.
5. Different Types of Chemical Reactions
- Double displacement
- Single displacement
6. Why is Heat/Energy a necessary part of the fire triangle?
- It is necessary because you need some kind of energy in this case it would be the heat, oxygen, and fuel.
7. What is Combustion Engine?
- The internal combustion engine is an engine in which the combustion of a fuel , usually fossil fuel, occurs with an oxidizer. (The oxidizer is usually air) in a combustion chamber.
8. How Combustion engines work
- There are two kinds of engines internal and external combustion engines.
- A Combustion engine is any kind ofengine that operates by burning its fuel within the engine.
- After that the gasoline spreads or expands creating energy.
9. A Document
- Michael Waltrip did something illegal he was charged for using a certain fuel to increase the combustion performance of NASCAR.
- The fuel was an additive fuel.
10. How does nitrous oxide help engines performbetter?
- Well, by having more oxygen available during combustion, and with more oxygen more fuel can be injected. Then the engine will produce more power.