Post on 05-Sep-2014
Embed Size (px)
- Bukovinian State Medical University Guide for foreign applicants
- Bukovinian State Medical University in Chernivtsy
- Guide for foreign applicants : 2008/2009
- Editors :Pishak V. ,Kolomoiets M. ,Ivashchuk O .,Puzenko V.
- This guide is divided into four sections. The first section introduces you to the history and present times of Chernivtsy, Bukovina and Bukovinian State Medical University. The second and third part concentrate on general information about the faculties and organization of the learning curriculum. The fourth part provides useful information, in particular, contact names and telephone numbers. Please use them if you have any questions concerning university activities or studies. We hope you will find this sufficient to make a choice which is best suited to your attitudes and interests.
CONTENTS The Pearl of Europe Welcome address by Rector, Academician V.Pishak Bukovinian State Medical University Welcome address by Vice-rector O.Ivashchuk Students life Visa support Medical insurance The legal system of Ukrainian educationHow to get to Chernivtsy Climate, time differences Currency Cost of living Phones, Post Office Transport Authorities Frequently AskedQuestions (FAQs) Application form Map of Chernivtsy city Useful Information General Information General Information General Introduction Medical Faculty 6-year program Faculty of postgraduate education General Information Curriculum Overview Department of International Relations Bukovinian State Medical University L'Universit d'Etat de Mdecine de Bukovine Bukowynische Staatliche Medizinische Universitt GENERAL INTRODUCTION 5 THE PEARL OF EUROPE
- K nown as The Pearl of Europe, Chernivtsy has unforgettable architecture, exquisite art, it combines the elements of the culture of various nationalities and is famous with the warm hospitality of its inhabitants. Strolling along its ancient streets you may feel as though you have traveled back to Middle Ages or Late Renaissance city. The magic power of history and rich cultural life attract many people to Chernivtsy. The city is like a legendary museum under the sky, which gives inspiration to everyone who visits The Pearl of Europe.
6 Being truly one of the jewels of Eastern Europe, Chernivtsy consists of enormous counts of historical, architectural and cultural landmarks. The city was found almost 600 years ago and it quickly became the centre of trade and commerce for the region. Chernivtsy achieved the basic development in Austrian period, being the centre of the Bukovina province of Austro-Hungarian Empire. Due to its geographical location and natural resources, the city was a constant attraction for strangers Tartars, Poles, Austrians, Hungarians, Russians, Jews, and Germans. Throughout the ages, conquerors have introduced into the city their traditions, cultures, religions and architecture a mixture of gothic and baroque, renaissance and Romanesque, empire, rococo and eclectic modern. Throughout its history, however, the living traditions of Ukrainian national culture have always been prominent in Chernivtsy. 1907 2007 Theatralna Square in Chernivtsi
- Chernivtsy of today is a city where the past meets future. Historical streets are full of people hurrying to find their place in modern-day Europe. Heroes from monuments look down at the students visiting cafes, bars and restaurants. Visitors of the city stroll through beautiful parks, feel inspiring atmosphere and beauty of the former Bukovinian Archbishop's Residence, now Chernivtsy National University named after Yuriy Fedkovych ,relax in the hotels, visit the performances in the drama theatre, considered to be one of the most beautiful in all of Europe.
- Living in Chernivtsy youll manage tofeel the spirit of ancient Bukovina, legends of the Carpathian Mountains, that hide in every corner of its ancient buildings. You will feel this atmosphere in the eyes of local citizens, who are devoted fans of their beloved city the best one in all the world.
7 Central Square of the city Modern district of Chernivtsy National University of Chernivtsy Information about Chernivtsy and Region
- Chernivtsy is the outstanding city of West Ukraine, political, cultural and economical centre of Northern Bukovina as well.
- Chernivtsy is the administrative centre of Chernivtsy region, last counts 910,5 thousands of citizens, occupies 8,1 thousands km 2 ,covering 1,3% of the territory of the Ukraine. The proximate population of the city is 242,3 thousands and every day it additionally accepts up to 30 thousands person.
- The territory of the city is153km 2
8 Moldova Romania Romania
- Chernivtsy region shares the borders with next ones: Ivano-Frankivska, Ternopilska, Khmelnitska and Vinnitska of Ukraine, and state ones with Romania and the Republic of Moldova. There is state border with general length up to404,4Km on the territory of the region, including ones :
- with Romania226,4km ,
- with Moldova Republic178km . Custom control is performed in the check-points of the Vadul-Siret and Kelmentsi customs .
- Districts quantity : 11.General quantity of inhabited settlements : 417,incl. :cities- 11,towns- 8,villages- 398.Tourist establishments 82 .
THE HIPPOCRATIC OATH
- I swear by Apollo Physician and Asclepius and Hygieia and Panaceia and all the gods and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will fulfill according to my ability and this oath and this covenant.
- To hold him, who has taught me this art as equal to my parents and to live my life in partnership with him, and if he is in need of money to give him a share of mine, and to regard his offspring as equal to my brothers in male lineage and to teach them this art if they desire to learn it without fee and covenant: to give a share of precepts and oral instruction and all the other learning to my sons and to the sons of him who has instructed me and to pupils who have signed the covenant and have taken an oath according to the medical law, but to no one else.
- I will apply dietetic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment: I will keep them from harm and injustice.
- I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody if asked for it, not will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In parity and holiness I will guard my life and my art. I will not use the knife, not even on sufferers from stone, but will withdraw in favor of such men as are engaged in this work.
- Whatever houses I may visit, I will come for the benefit of the sick, remaining free of all intentional injustice of all mischief and in particular of sexual relations with both female and male persons, be they free or slaves.
- What I may see or hearin the course of the treatment or even outside of the treatment in regard to the life of men, which on no account one must spread abroad, Iwill keep to myself holding such things shameful to be spoken about. If I fulfill this oath and do not violate it, may it be granted to me to enjoy life and art, being honored with fame among all men for all time to come: if I transgress it and swear falsely may the opposite of all this be my lot.
9 DEARAPPLICANT ,
- A t the turn of millennia the question of the role of science in securing the future arises acutely as never before. The leading countries of the world, taking care of their potential, contribute to the development of education and training of medical personnel physicians, pharmacists, nurses, medical psychologists and others. The Medical University which I have the honour to head has trained tens of thousands of physicians for Ukraine, closely and distantly situated countries over the 60 years of its existence.
- Powerful educational, material and technical bases, scientific-pedagogical personnel, renovated content of training, the introduction of modern information technologies promote the effective mastering of the profession and moulding of the personality of a future medical specialist.
- Well-organized leisure time of our students is a pledge of high spirits and success.
- Welcome sincerely to our Bukovinian Medical University!
1 0 Rector of Bukovinian State Medical University, a corresponding member of Ukraines Academy of pedagogical Sciences, Honoured Educationalist of Ukraine, National Academy of Sciences O.O.Bogomolets PrizeWinner, State Prize of Science and Technique Winner, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Vasyl Pishak
- Nowadays there are 6 medical faculties in it: 4 medical, a pharmaceutical one and a faculty of postgraduate education. A preparatory department for foreign citizens (learning of Russian / Ukrainian language) functions there too. The following subdivisions form part of the University Chernivtsi,Vashkivtsi and Novoselitsa medical colleges. According to the MPH Ukraine license 175226 (11.07.2005) complete higher medical education is provided in Medicine and Pharmacy directions.Medicine includes General medicine, Pediatrics, Medical psychology and Dentistry specialties, Pharmacy - Clinical pharmacy of the specialists educational level.
- Our staff is highly outstanding. Experienced professionals who have the exclusive pedagogical skills are employed in BSMU nowadays. There are 54 Doctors of Sciences and Professors, 303 Candidates of Sciences. The majority of them are honored workers of science and engineering, honored workers of high education and honored physicians of Ukraine. Simultaneous