amersham and hazlemere vegan recipes
out of 14
Post on 15-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Welcome to the Amersham & Hazlemere Health Day !
- 2. Date And Walnut Spread (D) Ingredients: 1/2 cup of pitted dates soaked 1 cup of walnuts (you can use seeds) 1 cup of water Method: Blend for a minute and enjoy on bread, fresh fruit or cereal.
- 3. Fig and Ginger Jam Raw (T) 12 figs - remove stalks - cut figs into pieces using kitchen scissors. Dates or sultanas can be added or any dried fruit. 1 inch of fresh ginger 1/2 a lemon, juiced Method: Put all ingredients in a Pyrex bowl and cover with boiling water and leave for 15 minutes to soften. Drain some of the water out and blend until smooth. Add more ginger if preferred. Keeps in the fridge for 4 to 6 days
- 4. 2 cups of wholemeal puffed rice cereal 1 cup of dried apricots cut up + any dried fruit 1 & 1/2 cup of roasted almonds (roast in oven for 10 minutes) 1/2 cup of carob powder (optional) 2 tablespoon margarine or coconut oil 2 tablespoon brown sugar or 1/2 cup pitted dates blended 1 cup of honey Method: In a large bowl put in the puffed rice cereal, dried fruit, almonds, and carob In a small saucepan melt the margarine, or coconut oil. Add brown sugar or blended dates and honey Mix all together well. Pour into a dish 8x8 with oiled foil. Cut into preferred size and put in the fridge for one hour. Fruit Nut Bars (D)
- 5. Raisin Oatmeal Cookies (T) Cream the following in a bowl: 1/4 c up of oil 2 tsp of vanilla 1 1/2 tsp salt 1 cup Maple Syrup or blended pitted dates 1 1/2 tsp lemon extract or half of the skin of a lemon grated. Then mix in the following with hand whisk: 1 cup of water 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour Then add: 3/4 cup of raisins 1/2 cup of walnuts 4 1/2 cups of quick oats Mix well. Shape into cookies and on an oiled foil sheet oven dish. Bake for 20 minutes Oven 160C
- 6. Macaroni And Tofu Bake (D)1 packet of macaroni cooked ( follow the instructions in the packet) 1 packet of hard tofu mashed with a fork Grated fresh ginger 1 aubergine grated 1 courgette grated 1 big onion diced small spinach Big clove of garlic 1 packet of soya cream 1 jar of ready made tomato sauce or blended fresh tomatoes 1/2 tin of coconut milk (optional) 1 to 2 Tsp of olive or coconut oil Fresh or dried herbs or both (marjoram, basil, oregano) 1 tablespoon of Himalayan salt (pink) 1/2 cup of yeast flakes (optional) Method: In a saucepan soften the onions and garlic in the oil for 2 minutes. Add all the other vegetables. Leave herbs and spinach at the end. Simmer for 5 minutes in soft boil for the flavours to mix. Turn off the fire and add the herbs and spinach then mix together. Mix the sauce into the macaroni well and pour into Pyrex oven dish. Smooth the top with a spoon and pour the soya cream on top evenly. Cook until golden brown at 180C
- 7. Chickpea and Vegetable Curry (T)Ingredients: 1Tbsp of olive oil 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp of cumin powder 2 tsp of minced garlic 1/4 tsp of Himalayan salt 1/2 tsp of coriander powder 1/2 tsp of cinnamon 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder 1/4 of cayenne pepper 2 fresh tomatoes chopped 1 inch of fresh ginger root grated 1 Tbsp of yeast flakes 2 large carrots sliced 2 cups of broccoli florets 1 red bell pepper sliced 1 cup of coconut milk 1 & 1/2 cups of cooked chickpeas Pitta bread or basmati rice to serve Method: 1. Add the oil to a deep saucepan and soften the onion and garlic. 2. Add salt, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne pepper, ginger and the yeast flakes. Mix and add the tomato and coconut milk, carrots, broccoli, red pepper and chickpeas. Cook till vegetables are tender for about 10 - 20 minutes (depending on vegetables
- 8. Lettuce Tacos (T) Ingredients: 1 Little gem lettuce washed 2 Ripened vine tomatoes diced 1 Small onion or spring onion diced Fresh basil chopped 1 - 2 Tbsp of olive oil Method: In a bowl mix all ingredients together except the lettuce. Fill in the lettuce leaves into the shape of a taco.
- 9. Ingredients: 1 cucumber sliced at an angle 1 fennel bulb sliced at an angle A branch of dill weed or fennel leaves chopped small. Dressing: 1 Tbsp of olive oil 1 Tbsp of lemon 1/2 Tbsp of honey Method: Mix together in a jar with lid and shake till well mixed. Pour over your salad and serve. Cucumber, Fennel Bulb and Leaf Salad (D)
- 10. Vegetable Potato Lasagne (T) Ingredients: Aubergine sliced Potato sliced Mushrooms sliced Courgette sliced Tomato sauce bought or fresh blended tomatoes Fresh basil, marjoram, tarragon 1 packet of soya cream Method: In an oven Pyrex dish cover the bottom of the dish with tomato sauce. Layer with alternate vegetables pour the cream over the last layer and put in oven 180C for 30 minutes. Cover with foil if needed that it will not burn.
- 11. Guacamole (D) Ingredients: 1 ripe avocado Method: Open the avocado and scoop out its flesh. Mash till smooth. Squeeze some lemon juice to prevent it becoming brown. Drizzle olive oil . Squeeze fresh garlic into the avocado if preferred. Serve with tortillas or on toast
- 12. Scrambled Tofu (T) Ingredients: 1 onion chopped 1 clove of garlic tsp of turmeric tsp of cayenne 1 inch of fresh ginger of a red pepper 1 tbsp of olive or coconut oil tsp of Himalayan salt 1 packet of firm tofu mashed with a fork 1 hand full of spinach Method: All first eight ingredients in a frying pan in medium fire until flavours come together. Add the tofu and mix well until tofu looks a kind of dry. Add the spinach and stir well. Serve with rice, Jacket potato, in Pitta bread. enjoy
- 13. Carob Balls cup carob powder cup honey 1 cup peanut butter, other nut or seed butter coconut, optional Method Thoroughly mix carob powder into honey. Stir peanut butter into this. Form into balls by rolling portions between palms. Roll in coconut. Chill or freeze to make firmer *Carob is a natural substitute for chocolate and high in Vitamin A, C, E and B6. Includes thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, copper, plus iron. The powder is available in most health shops.
- 14. Tofu Patties Tofu Pattie 1 C oatmeal. Cooked millet or ground bread crumbs 1 small onion grated 1 C soft tofu. Mashed Natural seasoning 1 T soy flour 3 T wheat germ 1 tsp salt 3 T nutritional flakes Method: Mix all ingredients well. Add just enough water to form into patties. Bake on baking tray at 350 degrees for 20 25 minutes until brown on both sides. Turn once.
View more >
GREAT SAVINGS INSIDE! VEGAN RECIPES - Amazon S3 ?· VEGAN. RECIPES. GREAT SAVINGS INSIDE! COUPONS. ...…
Guide to ANiMAL-Free eAtiNG - ?· Vegan Living & Advocacy blog for tips, product reviews, recipes, news…
7-Day Vegan High Alkaline Recipes - Raw Vegan Chocolate Pudding â€¢ 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped out
EASY Vegan RECIPES - Compassion Over Killing Over Killing | cok.net Easy Vegan Recipes • 3 Savory Breakfast Sandwiches Makes 4 sandwiches • cup apple cider vinegar •
Super High Protein Vegan Recipes ... Super High Protein Vegan Recipesâ€ came to be. I compiled everything