out of 15
Post on 22-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Proportion Created by Richard Bull
- 2. If the amount of green, increases then so must the red. And by the same amount
- 3. The amount of green has double from 1 to 2, so the amount of red has doubled as well. This is called direct proportion
- 4. To paint 1 wall To paint 3 walls?
- 5. As a ratio is 2 : 4 Is this proportional?
- 6. To this 4 : 6 So is 2:4 proportional to 4:6 Here is how to check
- 7. 6 Multiply the diagonals, and then divide by the other number 3 2 : 4 : The number you get is 3, not 4. So no 2:4 and 4:6 are not proportional 2 x 6 4 =
- 8. You buy 5 litres of paint for 3.20 and 10 litres of paint for 6.30 Is this proportional? Show your working
- 9. It cost you 55.50 for 10 t-shirts, what is the cost of 3 t-shirts You could use the method of finding the price of 1 t-shirt first: So 55.50 10 = 5.55 Then 5.55 x 3 = 16.50
- 10. Can be used for proportion and other useful calculations. Cross multiplication
- 11. NHS England July 5 1948 The NHS is born Since its launch in 1948, the NHS has grown to become the worlds largest publicly funded health service. It is also one of the most efficient, most egalitarian and most comprehensive. The NHS was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth a principle that remains at its core. This section gives an overview of the changes and milestones of the NHS in England from its launch in 1948 to the present day.
- 12. Example: there are roughly 9 nurses and midwives for every 1,000 people in the UK This can be written as 9 : 1,000 This is called a ratio, or a conversion ratio
- 13. So: If a question were to ask if there are 9 nurses and midwives for every 1,000 people in the UK, how many nurses and midwives would there be for 35,000 people? Some people may be able to answer this already, BUT! I want you to use my method!
- 14. Step 1 Write down the conversion ratio for nurses to people 9 : 1,000 Nurses People Label the numbers
- 15. Step 2 Underneath the conversion ratio input the new figure, in this case it is 35,000 people 9 : 1,000 Nurses People 35,000 Multiply the diagonals, and then divide by the other number 315 Created by Richard Bull
View more >