2011 digital trends webinar presentation
Post on 13-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1.7 Digital Trends for 2011 Hashtag for Twitter: #econtrendsAshley Friedlein, CEO @ashleyfriedlein Linus Gregoriadis,Research Director (UK) @linusgreg Stefan Tornquist Research Director (US) @MarketingStefan
2. Source: http://www.flickr.com/lwrJoined-up marketing 3. #Trend 1 Joined-up marketing ... still the Holy Grail
- Marketers try to get to grips with complexity of marketing landscape
- Implications for budgets and planning
- Renaissance of old media
4. Source: Boston Consulting Group Report The CMOs Imperative: Tackling New Digital Realities http://www.bcg.com/documents/file66995.pdf 5. Jump 2011 ... 12th October 2011 http://econsultancy.com/events/jump-2011 6. Organisational change Source: http://www.flickr.com/thetruthabout 7. Impact of Digital on different business functionsHow would you describe the ongoing impact of digital on the following areas of your organisation? Source: Econsultancy / BlueLatitude Report:The Impact of Digital Beyond Sales and Marketing http://econsultancy.com/reports/impact-of-digital 8.
- Impact of digital beyond sales and marketing
- New paradigm for organisational framework
- On-going dissolution of silos
- Social 'becomes part of job description not job title'
#Trend 2 Organisational structures, teams and infrastructure 9. 10. Social media businessSource: http://www.flickr.com/horiavarlan 11. #Trend 3 Social Media Business
- Online customer service through social media becomes key conversion rate optimisation tool
- Social permeates commerce (e.g. F-commerce)
- 51%of companies usesocial networks for customer support improvement, up from36%last year.
- Econsultancy / cScape 2011 Customer Engagement Report
13. Source: http://www.flickr.com/lwr Content as marketing 14. #Trend 4Content as marketing ... the King is back
- Content marketing strategy more important than ever
- Bought media to earned media
- Video, apps, tools etc.
- Content creation and curation
15. Source: http://www.flickr.com/lwr Data is the new oil 16.
- Metadata as important as ever
- Attribution modelling
- Online to inform offline
- Social CRM
- Sentiment analysis
- APIs, semantic and Web 3.0
#Trend 5Data is the new oil ... Lets work on refining it 17. Case study: Tealeaf
- Netflights use Tealeaf to capture what customers are doing in real-time.
- Customer journey insights are passed to the contact centre so Netflights agents can proactively help those in need of assistance.
- The outbound call centre team now delivers more revenue per hour than any other part of the business.
18. Source: http://www.flickr.com/thunderpants Continued comeback of display advertising 19.
- Display engine marketing
- DSPs and SSPs
- Real-time bidding and exchange
#Trend 6Continued comeback of display advertising Relevant reports Online Media Report:http://econsultancy.com/reports/online-media-report Coming soon:DSPs Buyers Guide 2011 20. Source: http://www.flickr.com/pietroizzo Localisation 21. #Trend 7Localisation
- Increased Google focus on local
- Facebook Places, Foursquare, Gowalla etc.
22. Case study: Hiscox
- Hiscox partnered with JiWire to serve prospects with targeted insurance adverts.
- Targeting was concentrated on those hotspots regularly used by prospects on the move, such as hotels, coffee shops and airports.
- JiWire has launched Compass,which provides mobile app and public Wi-Fi users with interactive location-related ads.
23. Other trends
- Connected TV
- Tablets and smartphones
- 17 digital marketing trends for 2011, by Econsultancy CEO Ashley Friedlein
- Customer Engagement Report 2011
- Online Media Report
- Econsultancy Trends Briefings
- The Innovation Report
- 10 digital predictions for 2011