your valentine will smile and say â€œcheese" with these fabulous sensations...
out of 5
Post on 14-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. For More Information Contact: Stacey Bender Bender Group PR 973.744.0707 Stacey@bendergrouppr.com Your Valentine Will Smile and Say Cheese With These Fabulous Sensations from Jarlsberg Cheese! Darien, CT (February, 2015) Your sure to get a big smile without even having to say, Say Cheese from your loved ones with these delicious and simple recipes from Jarlsberg Cheese. Creating recipes with Jarlsberg Cheese takes the flavor factor to a whole new level. Sure to melt their hearts, the distinctive taste of Jarlsberg Cheese will leave your Valentines asking for more. Jarlsberg Cheese is available nationwide at grocery retailers and comes in pre-sliced packages, sliced at the deli counter, or in the specialty cheese case. Show your love through their stomachs, this Valentines day with Jarlsberg Cheese ideas that are sure to please your Valentine from morning until night, says Deborah Seife, General Manager of Marketing. For more great ideas, tips and information on Jarlsberg Cheese visit us at www.jarlsbergusa.com and like us on Facebook. In addition to Jarlsberg Cheese, go above and beyond for your sweetheart with new Jarlsberg Cheese Minis! Jarlsberg Cheese Minis are 100% all natural with only 70 calories per mini cheese wheel. Offering a good source of calcium and protein, these minis although small, are big in flavor!
- 2. Try these mouth watering recipes and let the love begin! Start the day off right with this Breakfast Pizza: Jarlsberg Cheese Breakfast Pizza 1 cups Jarlsberg Cheese, shredded Pizza dough or store-bought flatbread 4 eggs 4 slices bacon 4-6 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half 1 tbsp. chopped basil, plus one sprig as garnish Freshly ground pepper, salt 1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 2. Roll out the pizza dough to desired thickness or roll out the store-bought flatbread 3. Place the rolled out pizza dough or store-bought flatbread on the prepared baking sheet. Top with Jarlsberg Cheese shredded . Make 4 small wells with the cheese, and crack an egg into each well. Arrange the bacon around the eggs, and top with the chopped basil leaves and the tomato halves. Season with salt and pepper. 4. Bake for about 8-10 minutes until the eggs are just set and the pizza crust is golden. This tart is sure to make a perfect appetizer or side dish for your special meal:
- 3. Asparagus Jarlsberg Tart 2 cups JarlsbergLite Cheese, shredded 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed 1 lb. asparagus 1 tbsp. olive oil 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves Salt, pepper 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. 2. Roll out the puff pastry into a 16-by-10 inch rectangle, trimming uneven edges. Place on baking sheet. With a knife, lightly score the pastry dough 1-inch from the edges to mark a rectangle. Using a fork, pierce dough inside the markings at -inch intervals. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. 3. Remove the pastry shell from the oven, and sprinkle with the shredded Jarlsberg Cheese. Trim the bottoms of the asparagus spears to fit crosswise inside the pastry shell arrange in a single layer over the Jarlsberg Cheese, alternating ends and tips. Brush with oil, sprinkle thyme leaves, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until spears are tender, about 20 minutes. Dijon Shrimp Salad using Jarlsberg Lite Cheese cup Jarlsberg Lite Cheese, cubed 1/3 lb. cooked shrimp, peeled and diced 1 tbsp. light mayo or plain Greek yogurt 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 4. 2 tsp lemon juice - divided 2 teas chopped parsley Salt, pepper 2 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced in half 1 cup arugula 1 tsp olive oil 1 small baguette, sliced and toasted 1. In a small bowl, mix the mayo, Dijon, 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice, and parsley. Fold in the diced shrimp and Jarlsberg Lite Cheese. Season with salt and pepper 2. Dress the arugula with the other teaspoon of lemon juice, and the olive oil season with salt and pepper. 3. Place the tomato halves over the arugula, and top with the shrimp salad. Serve with toasted crostini. About Jarlsberg cheese: In 1956, we created Jarlsberg cheese, using an original Norwegian recipe. Why does Jarlsberg cheese taste so mild, nutty and delicious? It's all part of the legend...and Norway's most guarded recipe! ### Roasted New Potato Bites lb. new/red potatoes, halved 3 strips bacon 3 tbsp. chives, minced 1 cup shredded Jalrsberg Olive oil Salt, pepper
- 5. 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the potatoes with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Roast the potatoes for about 15-20 minutes until the edges start to brown and the potatoes soften. 2. While the potatoes are roasting, cook the bacon until crisp. When cool enough to handle, crumble the bacon into bacon bits. 3. Remove the potatoes from the oven. Top them with the shredded Jarlsberg and return to the oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Take the potatoes out and top them with the bacon bits and chives. .
- 6. 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the potatoes with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Roast the potatoes for about 15-20 minutes until the edges start to brown and the potatoes soften. 2. While the potatoes are roasting, cook the bacon until crisp. When cool enough to handle, crumble the bacon into bacon bits. 3. Remove the potatoes from the oven. Top them with the shredded Jarlsberg and return to the oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Take the potatoes out and top them with the bacon bits and chives. .
View more >