workshop-christmas tree wall hanging - quilter's tree wall hanging supply list sewing machine in...
Post on 16-May-2018
Embed Size (px)
Christmas Tree Wall Hanging Supply List
Sewing machine in good working orderThread to match fabrics (for tree, base and star)rotary cutter and other usual sewing suppliessmall iron and ironing surfaceglue sticksmall cutting surface 20 x 30 foam board (Dollar Tree has them) to lay out designOr a small design board, tray, etc.Embellishments to decorate your tree
Fabric requirements and cutting to be done before workshop
1. Background fabric 1/2 yard Cut six 3 1/2 x 6 1/2 rectangles two 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 squares two 3 1/2 x 5 rectangles two 3 1/2 x 8 rectangles four 2 squares two 2 strips, WOF for borders
You may want to use the same fabric for backing and a hanging sleeve. Finished hanging is 21 x 18 and you may also want to add a hanging sleeve.
2. Green fabric for tree (or use any color that appeals to you) One fat quarter needed to cut 18 3 1/2 squares, or if you choose to use 2 shades or colors, cut 12 in one color and 6 in the other
3. Brown for tree trunk. Scraps will be fine. One 3 1/2 square and one 3 1/2 x 7 rectangle
4. Yellow for star. Scraps will be fine. Eight 2 squares
5. Binding: one fat quarter cut into 4 or 5 2 1/2 strips
Once you cut the fabrics, please label them by size to make layout easier.
Then press the following blocks.
Green: If using all the same fabric, press 12 on the diagonal to create triangles. If using 2 fabrics, be sure to press triangles all from the same fabric. These will form the outside curves of the tree.
Brown: bring the corners on both side together on the 3 1/2 x 7 rectangle to meet in the middle and form a triangle. Press.
Yellow: Press all 8 into triangles on the diagonal. Then fold 4 triangles in from each side to form a square. Press. the square will be 1.
Use any fabric you like. Make it traditional or modern and add embellishments to make it your own!