willy wonka and the chocolate factory. the story about the story
Click here to load reader
Post on 29-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
- 2. CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Charlie and the Chocolate factory is achildrens tale that teaches good behaviorbrings great rewards. Charlie and the Chocolate factory lands on my favorites listbecause it is a classic rags to riches story.
- 3. Written by Roald Dahl in 1964, however he had torevise the book after receiving criticism for the way hedescribed the oompaloompas.
- 4. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is the story of ve childrenwho win an opportunity to tour the Willy Wonka chocolatefactory. The children nd themselves struggling with their vices during the tour except for Charlie Bucket. He was alwaysthinking of others throughout the story. Charlie comes from a poor family that struggles to make ends meet but in the end...
- 5. Charlie wins the Chocolate Factory
- 6. The Story Becomes A Movie
- 7. The Story Becomes A MovieThe movie was a musical titledWilly Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The lm was releasedJune 30, 1971 at a cost of $3 Million. Even though the bigscreen brought the movie to anew audiences there werenoticeable differences from the book. Roald Dahl spoke outagainst the movie because it deviated from his script.
- 8. The Story Becomes a Game Published by Hill Macgibbon in 1985 Developed by Soft Option,Ltd Released on the ZX Spectrum Game Platform
- 9. A Second Movie
- 10. A Second MovieThe second lm was directed byTim Burton. It was released on July 15, 2005. Burton chose to stickcloser to the original story than the rst lm. He also spent more time reecting on Willy Wonkaschildhood. Even though Burton had more technological tools available; Burton chose to work more withoversized props so the childrenwould be able to work in a realenvironment.
- 11. Following the 2005 movie release another video gamewas released for the Sony PlayStation 2, Microsoft Xbox, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendos Game Boy Advance, and Windows PC by developers Backbone and High Voltage Software and publisher 2K Games.
- 12. Since the rst lm was a musical, I feel it has contributed to the success of the story instead ofharming it as Dahl feared. When my generation reects on the story we cant help but sing Pure Imagination to ourselves.
- 13. Technology has not changed the theme of this story. A simple boy who comes from a poor family named Charlie Bucket now lives in the hearts and homes ofmultiple generations and cultures. We can all see a littleCharlie in ourselves and that is why the story has been so successful.
- 14. Reference Pagehttp://roalddahl.wikia.com/wiki/Charlie_and_the_Chocolate_Factoryhttp://neo-psychedelia.tumblr.com/post/482166962/book-aesthete-dahl-roald-charlie-and-thehttp://picturebookreport.com/http://www.online-garden-centre.co.uk/acatalog/Roald_Dahl_Collection.htmlhttp://www.reedschools.org/Page/575http://www.enotes.com/topic/Charlie_and_the_Chocolate_Factory_%28video_games%29http://www.moviesonline.ca/lm628.htmhttp://gamefatboy.com/games/113440/charlie-the-chocolate-factory/http://cinememories.blogspot.com/2011/06/you-can-even-eat-dishes.html