Post on 15-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONGood introduction to how to use Wikispaces.com created by Jennifer Dorman. Edited by Ben Rimes.
- 1. Wikispaces in Education Tutorial Jennifer Carrier Dorman http://jdorman.wikispaces.com/ Edited & Remixed by Ben Rimes
2. Signing In 3. Sign In To Wikispaces 4. Sign In To Wikispaces Use the user name and password you created or were assigned. 5. Editing Pages 6. Click Edit This Page 7. The Editing Toolbar Will Appear 8. Advanced Editing Functions
- Insert images and files
- Embed widgets
- Insert table
- Insert special characters
- Insert code
12345 9. Saving Page Edits
- After you have completed your edits, notes, and tags, click Save.
10. Navigation Menu 11. Discussion Board Reading, Creating, and Replying to Discussion Topics 12. Open the Discussion Tab 13. Creating Discussion Topics 14. Click on a Topic to Open It 15. Replying to a Discussion Topic 16. Managing Your Wiki 17. Adding Pages
- To add a new page to your wiki, click on the New Page link located above your navigation menu.
- Title your new page.
18. Tracking Changes
- To track page edits and discussions, click on the Recent Changes link located above your navigation menu.
- You can view page edits as well as new discussion messages.
- You can elect to be notified every time a change is made to your wiki.
19. Tracking Changes Page Edits 20. Tracking Changes Discussions 21. Be Notified of Changes
- You can elect to be notified of page edits and discussion messages as they occur.
- Click on the Notify Me tab
- Select if you want to monitor the entire space or just a single page
- Select if you want to be notified of page edits, new discussion messages, or both
- Select if you want to be notified via e-mail or RSS subscription
- Good RSS readers are Google Reader, Bloglines, Pageflakes, and Netvibes
22. Notify Me Options 23. Maximize Your Wiki Experience
- Wikispaces Tips and Tricks
- Wikispaces Help
- Wikispaces Tours
- Creating / Registering Educational Wikis
- http:// www.wikispaces.com/help+teachers
24. For More Information . . .