Post on 17-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Registering for Wikispaces & Creating Your Space
2. Signing In If you already have a wikispaces account 3. Sign In To Wikispaces 4. Sign In To Wikispaces Use the user name and password you created or were assigned. 5. Registering for Wikispaces & Creating Your Space 6. Registering & Creating Your First Wiki
- Go tohttp://www.wikispaces.com
- Pick a user name
- Set your password
- Enter your email address
- Enter a space name
- Then clickJoin
7. Your wikispace
- If everything goes successfully you will be automatically forwarded to your wiki space
8. Editing Pages 9. Click Edit This Page 10. The Editing Toolbar Will Appear 11. Basic Editing Functions
- Font Size
- Numbered List
- Bulleted List
- Insert Horizontal Line
- Insert Hyperlink (URL)
- Remove Hyperlink (URL)
123456789 12. Inserting Images and Documents
- Place your mouse on the page where you want your document to appear
- Click on the Tree icon
- Click BROWSE to locate your document and Upload to add it to the wiki server
- Then click UPLOAD
- Once the image has uploaded double click on it to insert it onto your page give it a caption and add a link if you want then
- Close the Image dialog boxes by clicking their X
13. Inserting Hyperlinks
- To insert a hyperlink to a page in your wiki or to an outside Internet page:
- Highlight the text
- Click on the Insert Link icon
14. Hyperlinking To A Wiki Page
- Check Wiki Link and select the appropriate page name or New Page from the pull-down menu
15. Hyperlinking To An External Link
- Check External Link and paste the URL of the outside web page.
16. Inserting Dynamic HTML - Widgets
- Click on the TV icon
- Select the icon that corresponds to the widget type you are inserting.
- If you do not see your widget vendor list, click Other.If you cannot find an appropriate icon, select Other HTML.
- Paste the Embed HTML code from your widget into the text field and click Save. ( see next slide for image )
17. Inserting Dynamic HTML - Widgets 18. Explaining and Tagging Page Edits
- When you edit a page, you should complete the following two items (located on the bottom of your edit screen)
- Note: short sentence or phrase to summarize what and why you edited the page (e.g. fixed mistakes, updated content etc.)
- Tags: several keywords that indicate the nature/topic of your edits (e.g. digital images, etc.)
19. Saving Page Edits
- After you have completed your edits, notes, and tags, click Save.
20. Navigation Menu 21. Editing Your Navigation Menu
- On the left side of your wiki, you have a navigation menu.
- Your navigation menu will appear on all pages of your wiki.
- Your navigation menu should include links to all the pages of you wiki and can include links to outside resources.
- To edit your menu, click on the Edit Navigation link that is located at the bottom of your menu.
22. Editing Your Navigation Menu
- When you click Edit Navigation, the space menu will open for editing just like any other page of your wiki.
- The editing toolbar will appear allowing you to add text, hyperlinks, images, and widgets just as you can for all wiki pages.
- This can be the easiest way to create new pages for your wiki.
- I add most of the new pages that I think my wiki will have to the Navigation menu and edit them as I need to
23. Managing Your Wiki 24. Tracking Changes
- To track page edits and discussions, click on the Recent Changes link located above your navigation menu.
- You can view page edits as well as new discussion messages.
- You can elect to be notified every time a change is made to your wiki.
25. Tracking Changes Page Edits 26. Manage Your Wikis Preferences
- As the wiki site organizer, you can manage all of the following from the Manage Space link.
- Name, description, copyright license
- Look and feel (colors, template)
- Members and permissions
27. Manage Your Wikis Preferences 28. Look and Feel here you can change the colour scheme and logo 29. Invite People to Your Wiki 30. For More Information . . .
31. Congratulations!Now you are ready to get started with Wikispaces.