What's in FFA for Me?

Download What's in FFA  for Me?

Post on 11-Jan-2016

26 views

Category:

Documents

4 download

Embed Size (px)

DESCRIPTION

1. Chapter. Chapter Overview Classroom/Laboratory FFA SAE Travel Earning Money Serving your Community Field Trips The FFA and Your Career. What's in FFA for Me?. Chapter Selections. C H A P T E R O N E. What's In FFA For Me?. - PowerPoint PPT Presentation

TRANSCRIPT

<ul><li><p>Chapter SelectionsChapter OverviewClassroom/LaboratoryFFASAETravelEarning MoneyServing your CommunityField TripsThe FFA and Your Career</p></li><li><p>The agriculture education in which you are enrolled consists of three major components:The agriculture program consists of three components:Classroom/LaboratoryFFASAE</p><p>C H A P T E R O N E</p></li><li><p>FFA is the organization for students who are studying many agricultural areas.It provides opportunities to practice what youre learning in the classroom in real life situations and develop leadership skills.C H A P T E R O N E</p></li><li><p>Supervised Agricultural Experience Program: gives you a chance to explore areas of agriculture that you are interested in.http://www.cals.ncsu.edu/agexed/sae/toolbox/index.htmlVisit SAE CentralC H A P T E R O N E</p></li><li><p>Where will your future take you?Travel: As you participate in FFA activities, you will take field trips, travel to state and and national conventions, or travel overseas as part of the international exchange program!You are here, and here, and here, and...C H A P T E R O N E</p></li><li><p>Going to College?FFA can help put you there. Each year the National FFA Organization awards more than $1 million in scholarships.By becoming an FFA member and starting a Supervised Agriculture Experience Program (SAE), you can earn money while learning about the different areas of agriculture.Your high school agriculture instructor will work with you to design a program just for you!C H A P T E R O N E</p></li><li><p>C H A P T E R O N E</p></li><li><p>Agriculture Career Categories:Marketing, merchandising, and salesScience and engineeringManagement and financeEducation and communicationsSocial servicesAgricultural productionYou already know agriculture is more than farming. Agriculture is our nations largest employer, and its related fields comprise close to 25 percent of all jobs in this country. While raising crops and livestock remains the solid foundation for all agriculturally related careers, only 8 percent are in the production area of agriculture . The remaining 92% of agriculture jobs are in agribusiness, science, marketing, communications, and other exciting areas.Chapter SelectionsVisit the Agriculture Career Center at http://www.ffa.orgC H A P T E R O N E</p></li></ul>