what is google wave
Post on 06-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1.G o o g l eWave Bob Keith Technologist New Jersey State Library
2. ? 3. What is Google Wave?by epipheohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDu2A3WzQpo 4. Google Wave vs. Email
- Easier File Sharing
- A gadget is an application that users can add to a wave to add functionality that Google Wave does not provide.
- Some examples of gadgets are
- Map Gadget
- Yes/No/Maybe Gadget
- Wave Sudoku
- Find Gadgets under the Extensions link in the Navigation menu.
- Robots are automated participants in a wave.
- They can do anything a user can do.
- Most often used to respond to user input and either alter input or access information from outside sources based on input.
- Some examples of Robots are
- Get more robots at:
7. Whats it Good For?
- Group to-do list or work log
- Event Planner
- Meeting Notes
- Project Management
8. Recent Enhancements
- Access Permissions
- Extensions Menu
- Email Notifications
- Wave is still in Preview so things are changing all the time!
- Low adoption due to Wave being invite only.
- Wave can be slow at times.
- Not easy to export or print waves.
- Use the Ferry gadget to export to Google Docs
- Unable to remove participants from waves.
10. Tips for Better Waving
- Edit or reply to any part of a wave by double clicking
- Submit replies by using Shift+Enter
- Jump through wave replies with the Space Bar
- Link to another wave by dragging it from your Inbox
- Make a wave public by adding[email_address]
- Follow a wave by clicking the follow button
11. Google Wave Resources
- Project management with Google Wave
- Google Wave FAQ from Lifehacker
- Google Wave: A Complete Guide
- What is Google Wave?
- Google Wave: Collaboration Reworked
- The Complete Guide to Google Wave by Gina Trapani
12. Ask Me Some Questions! 13. Thanks!
- Bob Keith
- New Jersey State Library