what are the terracotta warriors? discovered in 1974 life-sized figures made of terracotta clay...
out of 10
Post on 23-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Slide 3
- What are the Terracotta Warriors? Discovered in 1974 Life-sized figures made of terracotta clay 1,000 figures have been uncovered in the First Emperors tomb They range from 58 tall to 62 tall No two figures are identical Over 8,000 life-sized figures of men, chariots and horses may ultimately be discovered
- Slide 4
- How are the United States Army and the Terracotta Army the same? Chinas Terracotta ArmyUnited States Army
- Slide 5
- The armies are the same because: Both are large groups of people They both carry weapons to fight Each have a uniform to wear Both are life-sized They both provide a special service
- Slide 6
- How are the armies different? China They are not real Made of terracotta Protects in after life Protects only the Emperor Only men United States They are real Not made of terracotta Protects in real life Protects everyone Men and women
- Slide 7
- Why are the Terracotta Warriors important to China?
- Slide 8
- The Terracotta Warriors are important to China because they were made for the First Emperor, Shi Huang Dis, protection in his after life.
- Slide 9
- Slide 10
- The Terracotta Warriors are important to China because they are one of the greatest archaeological discoveries of the 20 th century.
View more >
Terracotta Temples of Bishnupur: Transformation ... 16 Terracotta Temples of Bishnupur: Transformation