welcome to 5 th grade advanced math where it all adds up! mrs. o’toole o’firstname.lastname@example.org room 37
Post on 17-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Welcome to 5 th Grade Advanced Math Where It All ADDS UP! Mrs. OToole OToole@nvnet.org Room 37
- Slide 2
- What is expected? Arrive on time Be prepared (Binder, Workbook, Pencil, Folder) Participate in Class Activities Stay on task Complete homework & classwork Prepare for Tests and Quizzes (Study Guides) Make up missed work (absent, band, etc.) Have fun
- Slide 3
- Homework Policy 1st offense- Warning (1 st Marking Period only) 2nd offense- Lunch Detention (to make up missed work) - 5 points deducted from their Homework Quiz Grade 3rd offense- Lunch Detention (to make up missed work) - 5 points deducted from their Homework Quiz Grade - Parent Notification (email / phone) 4th offense- After school Detention (to make up missed work) with the Subject Area Teacher - 5 points deducted from their Homework Quiz Grade - Parent Conference 5th offense- After school Detention (to make up missed work) with Mr. Herbert - 5 points deducted from their Homework Quiz Grade - Check in with Mr. Herbert DAILY to sign off on homework sheet. Student has to have 5 consecutive days of completed homework assignments. If not, sign-off procedure continues. 6th offense Procedure for 5th offense resumes.
- Slide 4
- Curriculum Skills: a.Whole Numbers b.Number Theory (Divisibility Rules, LCM, GCF, Prime Factorization) c.Fractions (All operations) d.Decimals (All operations) e.Order of Operations (including Exponents) f.Proportions and Ratios g.Algebra: Expressions & Equations (multi-step) h.Graphing on a Coordinate Plane (all 4 quadrants) i.Graphing of Linear Equations and Inequalities j.Integers (All operations) k.Data Analysis, Statistics, Graphing, Probability l.Geometry (basic shapes, area, perimeter and volume) m.Measurement (Customary and Metric) n.Word Problems (strategies, single and multi-step problems)
- Slide 5
- Grading Assessments: a. Quizzes b. Tests c. Class work / Class participation d. Projects (Graphing) e. Homework f. Binder Check (1 st MP, counts as a quiz grade) g. Binder Quizzes (counts as a quiz grade) h.Mid-Year Assessment (January) i.Final Exam (June)
- Slide 6
- Preparing for Tests and Quizzes Daily homework activities Chapter Review / Test at the end of every chapter Extra Practice Problems at the end of every chapter Study Guides, one week prior to tests The day before a test, the class period will be devoted to material review Extra help is available (See schedule)
- Slide 7
- Grades Grading Standards The Harrington Park School has adopted the following standard for letter grades in grade 5 through grade 8: A+98 or higher A92-97 A-90-91 B+88-89 B82-87 B-80-81 C+78-79 C72-77 C-70-71 D65-69 IIncomplete F0-64 NANot Applicable
- Slide 8
- Math Operations It is a program designed to give students more time to practice important skills learned in the regular math class. Math operations classes will include: Weekly computations assessments Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division drill practice Paired / team problem-solving practice Skill review through games and activities (interactive) Comprehension: Read instructions for games, puzzles, brain teasers, etc. Listening: I Have, Who Has
- Slide 9
- Extra Help Schedule Math (Periods 1 and 4) Thursday Mornings, 8:05 - 8:35 Advanced Math (Periods 3 and 6) Wednesday Mornings, 8:05 - 8:35 *If additional help is needed, please make an appointment to see me.
- Slide 10
- Thank you so much for coming!
View more >