wcm jan 2015
out of 12
Post on 11-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. 1 WCM: Wisbrun Consult & Management Your gateway to Brazil..
- 2. 2 Contents Key facts Brazil 2014 a disappointing year Booming Brazil,but Never a dull moment in Brazil WCM: Your gateway to Brazil WCM: Wisbrun Consult & Management Our Expertise About Frank Contact Details
- 3. 3 Key Facts Brazil Population: 202 million Size: 8,5 million km2.larger than Europe Currency: Brazilian Real GDP: US$ 2,2 trillion6th largest economy GDP/capita: US$ 11,1k Inflation: 6,5%/year (2014 ) Stable political climate Foreign Investments: US$ 60 billion (commodities, infrastructure, energy) driven by PAC (Growth Acceleration Programme) Major Foreign Investors: Netherlands, Spain &USA Population below poverty line(US$1,25/day): 6,1% Life expectancy: 73 years Ease of doing business index (rank): 116/185 Corruption perception index (rank): 72/177
- 4. 4 2014: a disappointing year A worsening of the growth outlook :2014 GDP at 0.2% , 2015 GDP, estimated at 0.7% IPCA inflation at 6.5% in 2014and 6.3% in 2015 Additional BRL depreciation is a relevant risk : Average 2014: R$ 2,36 ,2015: R$ 2,71 Unemployment rate from historic low: 5,3 % (2014) and 6,2 %(2015) Foreign direct investments remain high at US$ 60 billion (2,8% GDP) External Debt remains US$ 564 billion, but Foreign Currency Reserves (IMF) at US$ 357 billion (almost doubled vs 2009) Major infrastructure investments (roads, ports, airports, sports facilities, hotels etc) are under development but delayed,( World Cup Football 2014 and the Olympic Games 2016).Major delay in executing tenders is impacting on GDP and confidence in Brazil.
- 5. 5 "Booming Brazil,but Brazil is "booming" indeed, but GDP numbers are disappointing. Outlook for the 2014-2016 GDP growth is around 1 % /year, fueled by crude oil revenues, infra structure investments, decreasing (high) interest rate generating an increase in consumption in a growing middle class. Inflation is under control. To de-bottleneck and accelerate the sustainable growth of Brazil, President Dilma launched the PAC (Growth Acceleration) program with a total investment of US$ 1,2 trillion (PAC 1&2) Huge corruption scandal within Petrobras & supplying Construction Cies (Car Wash) can change political & economic scenario drastic in 2015
- 6. 6 Never a dull moment in Brazil ! Brazil is indeed an attractive opportunity for European/Dutch companies. Country offers high potential returns, if expectations are realistic Doing business in Brazil however, requires: - in depth analysis, - good preparation, - contingency plans in place - understanding the business culture, - well developed local contacts, - fluency in Portuguese, - training & development local staff - a long breath and - severe stress tolerance vs many changes in complex legal, regulatory, fiscal & bureaucratic procedures.
- 7. 7 WCM : Your gateway to Brazil ! Driven by a clear need of having a partnership with someone having specific knowledge in doing business in Brazil, WCM was created by Dutch Frank Wisbrun with 15 years General Management experience in Brazil, with the objective to support companies willing to enter the Brazilian market and to achieve sustainable growth for the coming decades.
- 8. 8 WCM: Wisbrun Consult & Management WCM can provide the following Services, all based on upfront agreed Deliverables : Up to date Brazil presentation/overview Market Intelligence Study Feasibility Study M&A /Due Diligence Support Business Plan Selecting, Hiring & Developing Human Resources Manage and Operate the Company Legal representative local company
- 9. 9 Our Expertise Strong professional network in Brazil Broad experience in various industries and markets in Brazil Robust track record in starting up, turning around and growing businesses in Brazil Solid experience in leading and structuring Mergers & Acquisitions Full command of Brazilian Portuguese language Good understanding of working & living culture of Brazil
- 10. 10 Frank Wisbrun was born on June 14th, 1956 in Maastricht. He has a Masters Degree in Business Administration from the Erasmus University in Rotterdam. Frank left the Netherlands with his family in 1996 to start up and expand the Brazilian business unit for Numico amongst others through 2 acquisitions. He also managed the Slim Fast business for Unilever in Latin America. Since December 2005 he was responsible as Managing Director for the 4 Vopak Terminals in Brazil. Recently Frank decided to move back to booming Brazil, after having spent 10 months developing a Business Case for a new Oil Terminal for Vopak in Spanish speaking Equatorial Guinea in West Africa. Frank has 15 Years General Management experience in Brazil within Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMGC) and Business to Business (BtB): restructuring, turn around, business strategy, acquisitions, management development, supply chain, finance, shared services, cost reduction programs and operations. He also has 20 years extensive and successful international experience (Brazil/Europe) in Brand Development and Activation and Customer Development management functions (account mgmt, field sales and trade marketing). About Frank
- 11. 11 Contact details E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 55-11-994374242 Skype: wisbrunbrazil References assignments executed,available upon request
- 12. 12 WCM: Your gateway to Brazil !!
View more >