warrior run elementary schools elementary kindergarten team
out of 13
Post on 25-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Warrior Run Elementary Schools Elementary Kindergarten Team
- Slide 2
- Kindergarten has changed dramatically over the past several years. It is no longer the kindergarten that you or I remember. The expectations and curriculum standards for a child in kindergarten are very high now. The curriculum assumes that upon entering kindergarten, most children already know their colors & shapes, can write their name correctly, use scissors correctly, count to 100, recognize all or most of the letters of the alphabet and their sounds! With your help, we are here to make sure that your child's educational experience will be not only successful, but fun and exciting also.
- Slide 3
- ttendance is very important! If your child misses school, please remember to write a note or call the office to let us know he/she will be absent. Most of our Kindergarten experiences are group oriented and involve interaction with classmates and hands-on materials. Therefore, it is next to impossible to make up work at home! is for backpacks. Please send your child with his/her backpack each day and check them after school each day!
- Slide 4
- is for communication and conferences. Throughout the year I will communicate with you through notes, email, telephone calls, newsletters, progress reports, and parent teacher conferences. I encourage you to contact me if you have any questions or concerns at any time. There is no need to wait until parent conference day if you have a concern about your child's progress. Feel free to send me an email, call me at school, or send a note to school in your childs folder. is for our Discipline Procedures. Rewards: Clip Chart, Class Store, and Marshall Money Consequences: Warning, Time-Out, Notes home or a Phone Call home.
- Slide 5
- is a emergency. If an emergency comes up and you need to change your childs afternoon transportation, please call the front office. is for field trips! We usually take at least one field trips per year. Information for this trip will be sent home closer to time for the trip! is for gym class! We will have gym class once in a six day cycle. Children should wear sneakers for gym class.
- Slide 6
- is for homework! Homework assignments will be sent home each day except Friday. I encourage you to work with your child a few minutes each night to review & reinforce the skills we are working on in school. is for ice storms or serve weather. There will be a call from the district when we have a two hour delay or get out early. Please make sure if your child goes home differently the teacher is aware. is for joining our PTO! Throughout the school year there will be a variety of special classroom activities, celebrations, and PTO meeting with the school.
- Slide 7
- is for keeping up with folders! Folders are our primary means of communications. The folder will be our way of making sure things get to and from school. Anything you need me to see, including money, should be in the folder. These are checked each morning! Please sign each night after finishing homework. is for library and Lunch! We will be visiting our library once in the 6 day cycle. If you are joining your child for lunch please call the office ahead of time. Our lunch starts at 11:00.
- Slide 8
- is for money! On many occasions it will be necessary for your child to bring money to school. Always send it in a sealed envelope with the following information on it: name, amount, purpose, and teachers name. is for Nurse! We have a full time nurse at our school! If your student requires medication to be taken at school, please make sure that you fill out the necessary forms in the office. Our nurse handles all medication. is for office check-ins and check-outs! Please make sure to go to our office when you need to check-in or check-out your student.
- Slide 9
- is for Birthday PARTIES! If your child has a birthday! They may bring in treats to share with the whole class. If you have birthday invitation please send in enough for the whole class and I will put them in their folders. is for questions! Please let us know if you have any questions! We are here to make this the best experience possible!
- Slide 10
- is for Report Cards. There have been many changes to our Report Card and Curriculum this year. is for snacks! Please keep it simple as our snack time is short. Children are permitted to bring spill proof water bottles with their names on them to drink throughout the day! is for tying shoes! Unfortunately, this is a very necessary skill that is no longer taught in school. Please work on this with your child at home. Once they become proficient at tying shoes, they will become one of my "Tying Teachers" and assist in teaching other students with learning to tie shoes.
- Slide 11
- Each child is UNIQUE and special. They enter my classroom with different skills, personalities, experiences, backgrounds and learning styles. It is my aspiration to foster their individual strengths and help each child develop to his/her fullest potential; academically and socially. My goal is to teach them to fall in love with learning ! is for volunteers and visitors! We love having volunteers in our school! If you are going to volunteer in Kindergarten please get all your clearances quickly, because you must be approved by the board to volunteer. All volunteers and visitors must check in at the office to receive a visitors pass. is for wearing practical clothes! We try our best to keep clothing clean throughout the day but sometimes it is impossible! Please send your child to school with that in mind!
- Slide 12
- is for having eXtra clothes! Please keep a change of clothes in your students backpack in case of an accident! is for YOU! Always remember you are a teacher too! There is no one who is more influential in your childs life than you! is for ZzZzZz...please make sure that your child gets plenty of rest each night. Setting and keeping a bedtime helps children to be alert and ready to learn each day!
- Slide 13
- Slides are modified from: forsyth.k12.ga.us
View more >
Southern Lehigh School District Elementary Parent/Guardian ... ... Kindergarten In Kindergarten, student
BLOOMINGDALE ELEMENTARY Kindergarten Registration for 2016... · BLOOMINGDALE ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS ...…
Faubion Elementary School Ms.O’Neal email@example.com Faubion Elementary School Ms.O’Neal firstname.lastname@example.org Kindergarten- Room 3 Kindergarten- Room 3
Kindergarten Orientation Alston Ridge Elementary Welcome to Kindergarten Readiness Remember that all
Level Kindergarten Elementary Secondary Post- - e ?· Level Kindergarten Elementary Secondary Post-Secondary…
Artists Paint Stories Kindergarten Art Docent Program - Earhart Elementary School Kindergarten Art Docent Program - Earhart Elementary School
Artists Portray Animals Kindergarten Art Docent Program - Earhart Elementary School Kindergarten Art Docent Program - Earhart Elementary School