waka profile 2014
out of 38
Post on 01-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONWAKA meaning “shine” in Swahili. WAKA is an all Pan-Africa talent agency. We represent Actors, TV personalities, brand ambassadors, emcees and voice over artists. We specialise in representing talent in South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya Ghana, Zambia, Congo and Liberia, Angola and Botswana. Rosie Motene identified a gap in the market and was compelled to establish the WAKA agency. Rosie Motene has travelled the African continent extensively whilst on assignment in her multiple professional capacities. Rosie’s level of professional exposure has demanded that she create a training programme requisite for all her clients represented. Our services: Auditions: • If you are seeking talent from the various regions, I will supply WAKA artists. If you have someone else in mind and they are not listed with WAKA, we will source them and take a 10% commission if they are granted the job. • In the event of talents unavailability due to professional travel, a Skype session with client and artist will be scheduled. Castings: WAKA is able to set up casting sessions for clients. • The casting includes the following service. 1. Sourcing a casting space 2. Hiring a camera man, stock and equipment 3. Sourcing the talent from the specified region 4. Providing the talent with the sides to audition for. 5. Auditioning each artist, making a shortlist for callbacks for the client to watch. 6. Giving expert opinion on each artist. 7. Supplying the client with the footage of each artist accompanied by his or her picture and notes from the audition. 8. Conversion from Tape to DVD can be done as well. What will be required from the client: 1. A break down of what type of talent is needed. 2. An up to date script with character bibles, arcs and storyline. 3. A date for shooting 4. A budget for the talent. Voice artists: * We are affiliated with various recording studio across the continent so a satellite recording can be arranged. Emcee and programme directors as well as brand ambassadors: * Our brand ambassadors and emcees are of the finest caliber. We collaborate extensively with our brand clients with fulfilling their requirements thereof. For more information please do not hesitate to contact us. Contact person: Rosie Motene. Mobile number: +27 82 9923189 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @wakaagency. Facebook: WAKA page. www.wakaagency.biz
- 1. WAKA TALENT AFRICAS FIRST PAN-AFRICAN TALENT AGENCY.
- 2. ROSIE MOTENE FOUNDER Award winning actor, TV presenter, TV and film producer. Rosie Motene has been in the entertainment industry for 20 years and saw the gap for representation across the continent.
- 3. WHAT IS WAKA?
- 4. WAKA meaning shine in Swahili. WAKA is an all Pan-Africa talent agency. We represent Actors, TV personalities, brand ambassadors, emcees and voice over artists. Countries covered: South Africa, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia DRC, Zambia, Malawi and Botswana
- 5. SERVICES 1. Castings: We provide casting facilities for production houses and networks. We will source talent to audition, place all footage on an edited disc and give notes and recommendations to client. We arrange for one on one meetings between directors and talent and agencies.
- 6. SERVICES 2. Provide talent: We represent talent from across the continent. We provide talent in the form of: Actors. TV presenters. Voice over artists Programme directors.
- 7. SERVICES 3. Production: We are affiliated with production houses who can assist with TV and film production, equipment hire, recording studios and crew. The following areas: Ghana Nigeria Kenya Uganda Zambia
- 8. SOUTH AFRICA DYLAN KING A.K.A BLAYZE Recording artists. Music producer TV presenter.
- 9. SOUTH AFRICAN KIM JANSEN Writer. Editor of For change magazine. Programme director. Voice artist. LANGUAGES: English and French.
- 10. SOUTH AFRICAN MASEGO MAPS MAPONYANE TV presenter. Programme director Voice over artist. LANGUAGES; ENGLISH, TSWANA, FRENCH, CONVERSATIONAL ITALIAN.
- 11. SOUTH AFRICA REFILOE LEPHOI TV presenter. Wheel chair bound. LANGUAGES: TSWANA, ENGLISH.
- 12. SOUTH AFRICA JEROME DU PLOOY. TV presenter. Programme director.
- 13. SOUTH AFRICA NEO NTLATLENG Actor. Writer Director.
- 14. ANGOLA WEZA SOLANGE LIVES IN SOUTH AFRICA. TV presenter. Actor. Programme director Voice over artist. LANGUAGES; ENGLISH AND PORTUGESE.
- 15. KENYA FAREED KHIMANI. TV presenter. Actor TV producer
- 16. KENYA JANET MBUGUA Actor. TV producer. Voice over artist..
- 17. UGANDA GAETANO KAGWA LIVES IN KENYA TV presenter. Actor. Radio personality
- 18. UGANDA FLAVIA TUMISIIME TV Presenter. Radio personality Producer.
- 19. UGANDA CLEOPATRA KOHIERWE TV Presenter. Actor. Radio personality.
- 20. GHANA CHRIS ATTOH Actor. Director TV presenter. Voice over artist. Programme director
- 21. GHANA ANITA ERSKINE TV Presenter. Producer Actor Voice over artist. LANGUAGES: ENGLISH, FRENCH AND TWI.
- 22. GHANA LYDIA FORSON TV presenter. Actor
- 23. GHANA KWAKU T LIVES IN SOUTH AFRICA. TV PRESENTER MUSICIAN
- 24. GHANA GENA WEST. Recording artist. Actor TV presenter
- 25. DRC MAPUMBA CILOMBO. LIVES IN SOUTH AFRICA. Musician. Music producer. TV Presenter. LANGUAGES; ENGLISH, FRENCH, SWAHILI, CHILUBA
- 26. DRC GRACE-KELLY KALASSA. TV presenter. LANGUAGES: ENGLSIH, FRENCH
- 27. LIBERIA PATRICE JUAH designer. TV presenter.
- 28. NIGERIA KENDRA ETUFNWA Lives in USA and SA. TV presenter. Actor.
- 29. NIGERIA Adaure achumba News anchor for ETV Africa.
- 30. NIGERIA RAYMOND AGABA LIVES IN SOUTH AFRICA. TV presenter. Actor
- 31. NIGERIA ABAYOMI ATERRE. LIVES IN SOUTH AFRICA TV presenter. Voice over artists.
- 32. ZAMBIA CHISHAL CHITOSHI JNR. OWNER OF FLAVAFM TV PRESENTER AND PRODUCER.
- 33. ZAMBIA MUMBA MWAKWA TV presenter. Radio personality
- 34. BOTSWANA BERRY HEART Poet Actor Performing artist..
- 35. BOTSWANA Leloba Seitshiro Leloba Seitshiro is a two- time Emmy Award winning Broadcast Journalist with extensive newsroom experience, and international acclaim.
- 36. BOTSWANA KING TUX. TV Presenter Actor TV Producer Recording artist
- 37. MALAWI DERRICK NYASULU LIVES IN SOUTH AFRICA. TV Presenter. Voice over artist. LANGUAGES: ENGLISH AND CHICHEWA
- 38. CONTACT Rosie Motene email@example.com www.wakaagency.biz Twitter: @wakaagency Facebook group: Waka
View more >