waic wim croonen
out of 30
Post on 22-Apr-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPresentation used during the Pre-Conference #2012waic by Wim Croonen
- 1. Genzymes businesses: enzyme replacementtherapies Personalized Genetic Health Multiple Sclerosis Rare Genetic Diseases Endocrinology Late-stage pipeline developing Lysosomal storage disorders and Facilitating thyroid cancer potential treatments for MS familial hypercholesterolemia treatment and testing Alejandro Joan Melanie Gaucher disease Thyroid Cancer MS
- 2. Genzymes Biomanufacturing Facility in Geel,Belgium 12500 m2 facility Facility converted to multi-product bulk manufacturing plant for concurrent manufacture of monoclonal antibodies and mammalian cell-derived recombinant protein therapeutic products Campath Myozyme
- 3. Myozyme/Lumizyme (rhGAA for intravenousinfusion) Pompe Disease is a debilitating, progressive life-threatening genetic rare muscle disease Symptoms include: severe muscle degeneration, progressive respiratory failure Cause: genetic defect protein, - glucosidase, resulting in accumulation of glycogen in muscles Broad spectrum of clinical symptoms: Early progressive form (EOPD); baby dies without treatment in first year Late progressive form (LOPD): after the age of 1 year (infants, children, adults) Only available solution: enzyme replacement therapy 3
- 4. Why are we here?
- 5. From Receivership to Best Employer 10 Years Ago (Pharming receivership) Low employee morale Uncertain future Building trust into the Workplace After ReceivershipCoping with 3 major transitions Embracing Genzyme culture & values New technology platform: from a transgenic rabbit platform towards a mammalian cell culture platform From a clinical manufacturing focus towards a large scale commercial manufacturing focus
- 6. What is the Great Place to Work contest? Organization Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School (Catholic University of Leuven and Gent) Vacature (HR potal public jobboard as media partner) Great Place to Work Institute Europe What? Great Place to work assessment Culture Audit: audit of the HR practices, tools & strategy on 9 domains Trust Index: employee satisfaction survey (questionnaire) counts for 2/3 of the overall assessment With subscription, Genzyme participates on 3 competitions Top 10 list of Best employers in Belgium, List of the 100 Best Employers in Europe Special awards for specific company cases in the arena of Inspirational leadership (Genzyme 2012) Diversity management lifelong learning Our target competition: >500 employees
- 7. Results 2010-2012 - Genzyme Geel per dimension100% 84% 86%90% 81% 82% 75%80% 71% 71% 72% 70% 73%70%60%50%40%30%20%10% 0% Credibility Respect Genzyme 2012 Fairness Genzyme 2010 Pride Camaraderie
- 8. Dimension PrideOverview PERSONAL JOB w Individual job and accomplishments TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENTS w Work produced by own team or work group CORPORATE IMAGE w Companys products and standing in the community
- 9. 93% !
- 10. Dimension PrideStrengths w Pride on organizational level w Especially proud on contribution to society
- 11. Great Place to Work Survey OutcomeKey Messages from the 5 GPTW Employee Surveys: 81 % of the employee base said I am offered training or development to further myself professionally 92% said I tell people with pride that I work for this organization 89% said When you join the company, you are made to feel welcome
- 12. Dimension FairnessPossibilities for improvement w Fair wage, profit sharing, appreciation w Impartiality: giving promotions and favoritism
- 13. Culture Audit Management ensures TRUST in the workplace by policies, pracKces and iniKaKves on 9 domains.
- 14. Common characterisKcs Transactional Gift-Like Practices Practices Minimum Generous Ordinary Unique Impersonal Personalized Disconnected Integrated
- 15. Scoring criteria Variety Originality All-inclusiveness Human Touch Integration
- 16. Culture Audit: overview of the results
- 17. Inspiring How do you inspire employees to feel that their work has more meaning than being just a job? ...help people understand how their Not by just informing people about work relates to the companys the organiza6ons goals, but also... higher purpose as well as to corporate success! ...encourage people to interact in ways that foster the companys values!
- 18. Inspiring GIFTWORK Cultures Work has meaning: a How work is done is higher purpose valued " Customer/client stories " Certain behaviors shown to " Links shown between exemplify companys values employee eorts and business " Various programs reinforce success companys values " Compelling vision for " Stories told of values in acKon companys future " Companys unique contribuKon to market/ society stressed
- 19. Inspiring @ Genzyme Geel Award for Inspirational Leadership (GPTW 2012)wRaKng: 5 + -/? Appreciative inquiry (supported by learning / sessions, mindset, culture, gradual introduction) Investment of time, money and energy in the community Community relations team (GIVE, Eurokas, Duchenne parent project, etc) Clear link between core business and inspiring initiatives + sharing with family (e.g: E
View more >