wafa elany binti mohd zamri - smka al irshad
Post on 19-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONI’m a Global Citizen Wafa Elany Binti Mohd Zamri SMKA Al Irshad, Penang, Malaysia
- 1. IM A GLOBAL CITIZEN
2. Dictionary Definition :
- a system formed by the interaction of a community of organisms with their environment.
Biological Definition :
- An ecosystemis a natural unit consisting of all plants, animals and micro-organisms in an area functioning together with all of the non-living physical factors of the environment. An ecosystem is a completely independent unit of interdependent organisms which share the same habitat. Ecosystems usually form a number of food web which show the interdependence of the organisms within the ecosystem
3. Food chains, also called, food networks and or Social Networks, describe the eating relationships between species within an ecosystem or a particular living place
Paddy Plant HenSnakeEagle
Food web isfood chains within ecological community:the interlocking food chains within an ecological community
4. WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE INTERRUPTTHE ECO- SYSTEM???
5. STORY OF FOX AND DEER
Oncetherewere two hills,Hill A and Hill B . Both hills were occupied withfoxesanddeers
6. The foxes and deers livednaturallywith the food chain where deers had plants as their food and the foxeshad deers for their lunch or dinner.
One day came a rich but greedy businessman who bought the two hills. He perceived thatby letting the deersand foxes live together, he did not get a lot profit out of it because the foxeswill eat the deers. Therefore, the deers would become lesser and lesser everyday.
7. Then, he thought he had a greatidea , he wanted to separate the deers and the foxes . He moved all the deers to Hill A while all foxes were kept in Hill B. By doing so,he thought the deers would not be killed and he can sell them and get more profit
8. Few months later, he came back to the hills. He was so shock of
what he saw.
10. He was confused + upset + angry .
Finally , he discovered that the deerwere dead because their population increase drastically sincethere was no fox to eat them and they had lack of food problem . Having lived in an area where the deer population increased dramatically, the plants that deer browse upon were decimated rapidly. As a result, deer began to starve causing them to eat less nutritious plants. Disease became a problem resulting in a large winter kill of the deers. The foxes dead because they killed each other since there was no food toeat.
So, he learnt a lesson thatWE CANNOT INTERRUPT WITH THE ECOSYSTEMLET it FLOW NATURALLY.
11. Factors That Endangered
12. WE SHOULD KEEP THE ECOSYSTEM HEALTHY
Litter is ugly public places (another form of litter) is a serious health risk, particularly for young children.
Cigarette butts are another unpleasant form of litter. They may seem small, but with several trial it can harm people and wildlife. Picking up litter can be costly for cities and highway departments.
So how do we keep litter off our public places and keep the environment clean? The answer is, of course, firstly educate the public to take their litter home, and when they do not, it is necessary to ensure that efficient street cleaning is provided.
13. Street cleaning is controlled by the Department of Public Works in all towns and cities and is usually removed by appointed contractors or the Council's own direct labour force. When it works well you will usually find that the local businesses take an active interest in assisting in streamlining the process with also making further regular consultation with the community
Street cleaning is an important element of city housekeeping and is provided more and more by highly mechanized equipment such as through the use of street sweepers and flushers. Most streets are scheduled for cleaning at least five times per year, and paved alleys are cleaned once.
Street cleaning must always be strictly enforced, and react to events when litter will build up more quickly, but without clean water in the rivers and streams throughout the city the municipal authorities could hardly be said to be keeping the environment clean.
14. ILLEGAL LOGGING
Illegal loggingis the harvest, transportation, purchase or sale of timber in violation oflaws . The harvesting procedure itself may be illegal, including using corrupt means to gain access to forests; extraction without permission or from a protected area; the cutting of protected species .The way to prevent the illegal loggingis enforcement the laws.
15. Air Pollution :
Air pollution is the introduction of chemicals , particular matter, or biological materials that cause harm or discomfort to humans or other living organisms, or damages the natural environment, into the atmosphere.
The atmosphere is a complex, dynamic natural gaseous system that is essential to support life on planet Earth. Stratospheric ozone depletion due to air pollution has long been recognized as a threat to human health as well as to the Earth's ecosystem.
16. So, please
CANNOT LITERRING ,
NO AIR POLLUTIONAND NO ILLEGAL LOGGING to KEEP OUR ECOSYSTEM HEALTHY
17. I must help to stop pollution.
I must do my part by telling Malaysian and the rest of the world to care for the environment.
I have pledged to protect our animals and forest.
SO? WHAT IS MY DUTY AS PART OF THE GLOBAL CITIZEN?
18. I have sworn to stop water wastage at home, in my school and tell my friends to do the same.
I have spread the words of wisdom on saving this planet as we do not have any other planet to live if it is destroyed.
19. I love this planet and this is my only home.
I plead to you is to conserve the environment, respect mother nature and do our part to save the world fromdestruction. Thank you.
20. Power Point Presentation done by:
WAFA ELANYBINTI MOHD ZAMRI
AGE: 13 YEARS OLD
CLASS: 1 AZ
SCHOOL : SMKA AL IRSHAD, PENANG, MALAYSIA
TEACHERS NAME : NORLILAWATI MOHD NOOR