vra 2012 final
Post on 22-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPresented 3/26/2011 at annual membership meeting, inviting the Visual Resources Association to Albuquerque for its next annual conference in April 2012.
- 1. VRA 2012 Albuquerque, NM
- Thanks for presentation images from Albuquerque Convention & Visitors Bureau, Bunting Library Digital Collections, City of Albuquerque, Hotel Albuquerque, Isabel & Isaac Morris,National Park Service, and a couple of uncredited Google grabs.
Albuquerque (Clockwise :Patrick Nagatani, 1989 photograph; Richard Diebenkorn, 1952 painting; Lee Friedlander, c.1975 photograph; & Robert Houle, 1997 lithograph) 3. Cindy at Hotel Albuquerque, 3/5/2011, temperature was about 55 F at 10:30AM, sunny with a light breeze.KEY: Drink water!Wear sunscreen! 4. Hotel Albuquerque, with adjoining chapel (wedding anyone??) and covered walkway to Old Town 5. West to north panorama from Tiguex Park Old Town Plaza Albuquerque Museum Hotel Albuquerque 6. North to east panorama from Tiguex Park Hotel Albuquerque NM Museum of Natural History Explora 7. Painted mural and chile ristras in Old Town (above); Albuquerque Tri-Centennial birthday pillar (right) 8. Old Town Plaza & San Felipe de Neri 9. Old Town Plaza/Shops, booths, Rattlesnake Museum 10. Albuquerque Museum Albuquerque Museum of Art & History 11. New Mexico Museum of Natural History 12.
- Adult night?
Explora Explora 13. Volcano cones (above) west of the Rio Grande& to the east, Sandia mountains (right ) 14.
- Rt 66 sign
Central Avenue, south of Old Town 15. 16. 17. National Hispanic Cultural Center 18. Indian Pueblo Cultural Center 19.
- IPCC & Saturday dances sign
20. KiMo (west end of downtown) 21. Alvarado Hotel (1912 panorama); A&P Depot; Alvarado Transportation Center (2008) 22. 23.
- SF downtown (google?) w/ GOK, IAIA?
24. I:Wheelwright Mus.,B:Lab of Anthropology Libr.,F:Mus. of Spanish Colonial Art,D:Mus. of International Folk Art,A:Caf,E:Mus. of Indian Arts & Culture 25.
- Santa Fe Plaza
- Albuquerque Old Town Plaza
26. Palace of the Governors today (left) and view from 1929, with Harvey Hotel staff and cars 27.
- UNM (Central & University/Lobo)
28. Aperture Building (IFDM) at Mesa del Sol 29. Crossroads Motel, Central Avenue featured in episodes ofBreaking Bad(TV series on AMC) 30.
- Tamarind Insititute
33. Nob Hill gates 34. Nob Hill, east of UNM 35.
- Tram base & view of tr
36. 37. 38. Info about food & drink to come 39. 40. 41. 42. Its easy to get from MN to NM just turn left 43. Albuquerque, April 18-22, 2012 44. VRACELEBRATING 30 YEARS 2012 Albuquerque, NM