vodafone overtakes airtel as the most active brand on social media
out of 18
Post on 27-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONVodafone overtakes Airtel as the most active brand on social media followed by Airtel and Reliance. Vodafone scores high on social media primarily because of the good performance of the brand on Facebook and Twitter. Airtel is the most responsive on social media. While other players in the industry took a day on an average to respond to complaints, Airtel responded to customers within the next hour and a half. Despite having the maximum number of complaints compared to others. Reliance communications tops in terms of owned media coverage due to the campaign #Twee20 Vodafone dominated Facebook. Compared to other brands, Vodafone has the highest number of fans and the most engaged fans due to the Vodafone Zoozooscampaign around IPL. Vodafone leads in terms of followers and second highest in terms of mentions. Vodafone, Airtel and Reliance are the leaders on Twitter.
- Top Telecom Companies on Social Media (India) April, 2014
- HIGHLIGHTS: Vodafone overtakes Airtel as the most active brand on social media followed by Airtel and Reliance. Vodafone scores high on social media primarily because of the good performance of the brand on Facebook and Twitter. Airtel is the most responsive on social media. While other players in the industry took a day on an average to respond to complaints, Airtel responded to customers within the next hour and a half. Despite having the maximum number of complaints compared to others Reliance communications tops in terms of owned media coverage due to the campaign #Twee20 Vodafone dominated Facebook. Compared to other brands, Vodafone has the highest number of fans and the most engaged fans due to the Vodafone Zoozoos campaign around IPL. Vodafone leads in terms of followers and second highest in terms of mentions. Vodafone, Airtel and Reliance are the leaders on Twitter.
- Rank Company name SSI SCORE (April14) 1 (2) Vodafone 83.4 2 (1) Airtel 81.6 3 (6) Reliance Communications 72.4 4 (4) Aircel 70.5 5 (5) Tata DoCoMo 67.8 6 (3) Idea Cellular 58.4 7 (7) MTS India 38.4 8 (9) Videocon 33.8 9 (8) BSNL 32.8 10 (10) Uninor 28.9 MOST SOCIAL TELECOM COMPANIES (INDIA) SSI refers to Simplify360 Social Index Numbers in bracket ( ) refers to rank in March
- PARAMETER WISE BREAKUP OF SCORES Final index is a function of Buzz score, Facebook score and Twitter score BRAND BUZZ SCORE FACEBOOK SCORE TWITTER SCORE OVERALL SCORE Vodafone 76.9 90.8 89.2 83.4 Airtel 92.3 60.4 81.5 81.6 Reliance Communications 84.6 42.0 78.4 72.4 Aircel 69.2 79.2 64.6 70.5 Tata DoCoMo 61.5 77.3 70.7 67.8 Idea Cellular 53.8 72.3 53.8 58.4 MTS India 30.8 48.8 43.1 38.4 Videocon 38.5 35.0 23.1 33.8 BSNL 46.2 17.3 21.6 32.8 Uninor 23.1 36.9 32.3 28.9
- Rank Company name Earned Media 1 Airtel 20,564 2 Vodafone 10,745 3 Aircel 4,942 4 Idea Cellular 4,034 5 Tata DoCoMo 3,833 6 BSNL 3,374 7 Reliance Communications 3,128 8 Uninor 604 9 Loop Mobile 567 10 MTS India 409 TOP 10 TELECOM COMPANIES ON THE BASIS OF EARNED MEDIA
- EARNED VS OWNED MEDIA BREAKUP 20,564 10,745 4,942 4,034 3,833 3,374 3,128 604 567 409 260 74 010,00020,00030,00040,000 Earned media 21,564 27,622 14,811 4,918 5,719 561 36,674 781 71 1,210 185 1,588 0 10,000 20,000 30,000 40,000 Owned Media
- AIRTEL HAS THE HIGHEST SHARE OF VOICE 25% 24% 23% 12% 6% 5% 2%1% 1%1% Airtel Reliance Communications Vodafone Aircel Tata DoCoMo Idea Cellular BSNL Videocon MTS India Uninor Loop Mobile MTNL Share of mentions of brands on social media (Owned + earned media), April 2014 In terms of social media mentions, Top 3 firms cover 72% of the buzz
- 0 50,000 100,000 150,000 200,000 250,000 0 2,000,000 4,000,000 6,000,000 8,000,000 10,000,000 12,000,000 14,000,000 16,000,000 18,000,000 20,000,000 PeopleTalkingabout No. of fans VODAFONE AND DOCOMO WERE THE TOP PERFORMERS ON FACEBOOK Performance of Telecom service providers on Facebook, April 2014 Telecom Industry, India, Source: Simplify360 Size of the bubble represents the percentage of engaged fans to the total fans on the page LEADERS
- VODAFONE HAS THE HIGHEST SHARE OF FANS ON FACEBOOK 33% 25% 13% 11% 10% 4% 3% 1% Vodafone Tata Docomo Aircel Idea Cellular Airtel MTS India Reliance Communications Videocon Loop Mobile Uninor MTNL BSNL Share of fans on Facebook, April 2014 Zoozoo page of Vodafone has the highest share of fans.
- 0 5,000 10,000 15,000 20,000 25,000 0 20000 40000 60000 80000 100000 120000 140000 160000 180000 200000 Mentions Followers Size of the bubble represents the number of tweets sent from the official twitter handle VODAFONE, AIRTEL AND RELIANCE ARE THE TOP PERFORMERS ON TWITTER LEADERS
- 1.24 10.37 18.03 26.30 64.37 70.29 Airtel Reliance Communications Aircel Vodafone Tata DoCoMo Idea Cellular Performance of Telecom companies on Twitter 00 DAYS 01 HOURS 24 MINS 17 SECS 00 DAYS 10 HOURS 37 MINS 38 SECS 00 DAYS 18 HOURS 03 MINS 40 SECS 01 DAYS 02 HOURS 30 MINS 41 SECS Airtel performs the best with 1 Hour 24 mins average response time. The industry average of the response time is more than one day, 31 hours 45 minutes. On the other hand, Tata DoCoMo and Idea are the worst performers. Response time of Telecom service providers on Twitter Figures displayed here are in fraction of hours, For Eg. 26.30 is to be read as 26 hours 30 minutes or 1 day 2 hour and 30 minutes. Time taken by telecom service providers to respond to customer complaints and queries 02 DAYS 16 HOURS 37 MINS 58 SECS 02 DAYS 22 HOURS 29 MINS 47 SECS INDUSTRY AVERAGE : 31:45
- Methodology Simplify360s proprietary listening tool is used for collecting the data and counting the number of mentions for each company. The parameters considered for Twitter and Facebook were also gathered through Simplify360. For brands having multiple Twitter profiles their main official account is taken into consideration. For estimating the response time, customer care handles are taken into account. In case there is no dedicated customer care handle, the official handle is considered. A total of 12 companies were considered in the analysis. Geography considered: India Period of analysis: March 24 to April 24, 2014 GLOSSARY OF TERMS: EARNED MEDIA: Earned media is the conversations elsewhere other than the company's pages. OWNED MEDIA: Conversations on their own channels like Facebook pages, Twitter accounts. Customer care handles are also included as part of the owned media.
- About the authors Mohan Krishna Social Media Research Analyst, Simplify360 Mohan Krishna has a talent of plugging in mathematical and statistical techniques over qualitative social media data to get insightful & actionable results, which makes him unique. He is intact with many clients across different verticals like Technology, FMCG, Media, Entertainment, Telecom, Sports, and Electronics etc. Twitter: @typicalkrish Vang Lian Head of Research, Simplify360 Vang Lian is an alumnus of IIM Bangalore. He has the ability to find insights in the midst of chaos. He believes data visualization is equally and even more important than the data itself. He is a weekend footballer. Twitter: @vang_lian
- Simplify360 The Leader of Social Business Intelligence Most admired brand for Social Media Research on Slideshare Top 10 Product Technology Company by TechSparks 2010 Listed amongst TOP 10 SMM tools by PR2020 and SocialMedia8
- Social Business Intelligence www.simplify360.com Simplify360 is the leading social business intelligence firm. Offerings include: Social Marketing Suite for agencies Social Contact Centre for BPOs Social Command Centre for Enterprises We enable businesses to perform Online Reputation Management, Customer Service, Community Management, Social Media Research & Brand Auditing; Online Sales Lead Generation, and Consumer Sentiment Analysis.
- Leaders use Simplify360 Clients Partners Worldwide Brazil and LatAM Saudi Arabia USA Worldwide Singapore & India
- THANK YOU CONNECT WITH US