Venture Scouting is for youth members aged 15 to 17 inclusive The experience of Venture Scouting is unique. Its all about :
Post on 24-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Venture Scouting is for youth members aged 15 to 17 inclusive The experience of Venture Scouting is unique. Its all about :
- Slide 3
- The Personal Journey... Suas & Trasna (Up & Over) The Venture Scout Unit The Venture Scout Executive Venture Scout Crews
- Slide 4
- Throughout this journey you will undertake a series of different challenges and activities created, designed and carried out by you!! SocialBelonging to a group, having fun, community issues, appreciating culture differences PhysicalUnderstanding your body & physical capabilities, developing through physical challenges IntellectualDevelop ideas & carry them out, analyse consequences, teamwork, evaluate situations CharacterAccepting yourself, potential for growth, personal value set, respecting others EmotionalConfidence to express emotions, dealing with situations, respect for others emotions SpiritualMy value, the value of others, respect for the environment, exploration of faith
- Slide 5
- Venture Scouting is a three year programme (15 to 17 inclusive). The personal journey has two stages (Suas & Trasna), These three years are broken into two 18 month Phases for the purpose of working towards each of these stages.
- Slide 6
- Suas (Up)You will work as part of a team within Crews to develop activities which will allow you to explore the different aspects of the SPICES. Trasna (Over)You will lead teams within Crews to develop activities which will allow you to explore the different aspects of the SPICES.
- Slide 7
- The SPICES are presented in the form of a series of questions to help you determine which areas you are strong and in what areas you need to do more things in. SOCIAL Can you communicate with others? PHYSICAL Do you have a balanced diet? INTELLECTUAL Do you know what qualities you bring to a team? CHARACTER Do you try your best in everything that you do? EMOTIONAL Do you call on others when you have a problem? SPIRITUAL Do you make a positive impact on the environment?
- Slide 8
- Responsibilities of the Executive can be as follows: To organise the calendar of activities and meetings. To coordinate the Activity Crews and ensure that the Units programme is delivered by the Crews. To coordinate the creation of a Venture Scout Unit Charter. To determine all celebration ceremonies. To administrate the funds and equipment of the Venture Unit. To send a delegate to Group Council to represent the Unit. To work in partnership with the Venture Scouters. To ensure a balanced programme which caters for the individual learning objectives of all members of the Venture Unit. The Venture Scout Executive coordinates the running of the Unit.
- Slide 9
- Chairperson: Chairs meeting. Only casts vote in the event of a tie during discussions. Liaise with Venture Scouters. Decides the frequency and duration of meetings. Reports to the Unit. Secretary: Takes & distributes minutes of meetings. Liaises with provincial representatives. Receives and sends communications to/from the Unit to/from external sources. Treasurer: Manages Unit funds. Allocates funds for activities with consent from the Venture Scout Executive Liaises with Crew Leaders regarding budgets for activities. Other members may be as follows: Programme Co-ordinator makes sure that activities happen with the Crew leaders. Quartermaster looks after the Units equipment. Crew Leaders where there are a large number of Crews in the Unit. It consists primarily of three people, a Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer
- Slide 10
- The Small Group System used in Venture Scouts is the Crew. Know as Fiontar Crews. There are two basic types of Fiontar Crews: Suas & Trasna Crew: This is a Crew made up of Venture Scouts who are at the same stage of their Personal Journey Challenges. Activity Crew: This is a Crew made up of a team of Venture Scouts who are working on one task, activity or any other project for a set period of time. Venture Scouts during their time in the Unit, whether they are working on Suas or Trasna will be a member of many different Activity Crews
- Slide 11
- Suas & Trasna Crew : The purpose of the Crew is to provide a space for Venture Scouts to share ideas in relation to the challenges required for either Suas or Trasna. These Crews do not have Crew Leaders as such, but they should have a mentor to assist them. In the case of Suas Crews this mentor should be a Venture. Scout who is working towards Trasna, and in the case of Trasna Crews this mentor should be either a Venture Scout who has already achieved Trasna or else a Venture Scouter.
- Slide 12
- Activity Crew : The Activity Crews plan and run the Units activities. Ideally there will be a mixture of Suas and Trasna Venture Scouts in each Crew. There will be an appointed Crew Leader who will be responsible to ensure the activity happens as planned. It is not their responsibility to do all the work however. Their role is that of team leader.
- Slide 13
- Adventure Skills Camping, Backwoods, Pioneering, Hillwalking, Emergencies, Air Activities, Paddling, Rowing, Sailing Special Interest Badges Personal Skill, Physical / Recreation, Adventure / Journey, Community Involvement, Environment Nautical Badges The Chief Scouts Award
- Slide 14
- Slide 15
View more >
About Scouting & About Scouting & BadenBadenBaden ... ? About Scouting & About Scouting & BadenBadenBaden-
Scouting for Lutheran Youth ? Scouting for Lutheran Youth ... using the programs of our partner youth-serving
SCOUTING, YOUTH ACTIVITIES, JROTC/ROTC - to Veterans - Scout Projects One of the requirements for Eagle Scout, Sea Scout Quartermaster, Venture Summit Award, and GSA Gold Award Recipient is the ...
??Web viewBut turning out Eagle Scouts is not what the Boy Scouting program is all about. Advancement is probably the most visible of the Boy Scouting methods, ...
The Fundamentals of Scouting comprise: The purpose of Scouting The values of Scouting The method of Scouting The Purpose of Scouting: Scouting exists to.
The 2010 Rookie Scouting Portfolio - Home - ? The 2011 Rookie Scouting Portfolio is designed to give
The Fundamentals of Scouting comprise: The purpose of Scouting The values of Scouting The method of Scouting The Purpose of Scouting :