Using E-portfolio for Staff Development. What is an ePortfolio? An ePortfolio is essentially an online collection of reflections and digital artefacts.
Post on 24-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Using E-portfolio for Staff Development
- Slide 2
- What is an ePortfolio? An ePortfolio is essentially an online collection of reflections and digital artefacts (such as digital images and documents) that learners can use to demonstrate their development over time to various audiences. Richard Wyles eCDF ePortfolio Project
- Slide 3
- Key Concepts Use for life long learning Learner/User are the owners on the content Individual content of items can be combined together for presentations Content items are reusable Personal reflection on content items can be made Transferable
- Slide 4
- Artefacts: These are any digital images and documents that are uploaded by the student/staff member to their file repository. Can be word doc, PowerPoint, video, spreadsheets etc Views: Are collection of artefacts, blogs or other text information collected together for display by the user. The view determines how the information is laid out and organised. Can be displayed to general public, to group, or via a secret URL to selected people Group: A group of users who have access to a common forum, files and contribute to group view etc. Can be created by any user of the system. There are three types, Public, Invitation Only, Controlled.
- Slide 5
- How does this relate to Staff Development
- Slide 6
- Why Use them Enable staff to maintain their own record of Professional Development. Enable staff to have one location for a number of activities Portable Use existing documentation does have to converted to another format Enable staff to become familiar with the concepts and use of e-portfolio before/when using it will students.
- Slide 7
- How can we use e-portfolios Profession Development Recognition of Prior Learning Profession Development Programme Evidence of reflection of PD Evidence of Skills development Evidence of reflection of teaching evaluation SAEER Evidence of Self Assessment Evidence of reflection and development regarding Self Assessment Evidence of reflection on the 7 SAEER questions Evidence of contribution to Business Unit (BU) and organisational SAEER questions
- Slide 8
- How can we use e-portfolios Research Profiles Research Outputs Research Groups Research Interests etc Academic Profiles Evidence of ; Qualifications Professional Experience Teaching Experience Professional Qualifications
- Slide 9
- Mahara/MyPortfolio Mahara an open source e-portfolio system developed as part of eCDF project which involved Massey University, the Auckland University of Technology, the Open Polytechnic and Victoria University of Wellington. Additional development was undertaken by the Flexible Learning Network and Catalyst IT. This was funded by the Ministry of Education and the application of Mellon Foundation funds from the Open Polytechnics winning a 2007 Mellon Award for Technology Collaboration. The open source software was the commercialised by Flexible Learning Network and Catalyst IT and is available as a hosted service call myPortfolio
- Slide 10
- Issues Currently there as some issues with Mahara/myPortfolio A portfolio can not be transferred or exported out of the system- Should be resolved late 2009 Institutions has not control over the content Any objectionable material can only be located thru students, or general public self reporting It is possible for students to create a secret view which will be only accessible to those who receive the web address myPortfolio is unable to restrict search results to one institution All students, groups etc are shown in search results System requirement Large file storage space is required Groups: Unable to bulk add students to a controlled group Each user has to be added to a group by going to their individual profile
- Slide 11
- Recommended Reading e-Assessment Guide to effective practice The Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA), the Department for Children, Education, Lifelong Learning and Skills (DCELLS), the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessments (CCEA) and the Scottish Qualifications Authority(SQA) A Review Of The Literature On Portfolios And Electronic Portfolios Philippa Butler, eCDF ePortfolio Project Massey University College of Education Palmerston North, New Zealand IMS ePortfolio best practice and implementation guide IMS Global Learning Consortium Inc www.ims.org E-portfolios Definitions and directions paper British Educational Communications and Technology Agency (Becta)
View more >
Main Title Here Introduction: Why build an ePortfolio? An ePortfolio is a purposeful collection of work that is posted online to: A) represents an individual's.
Υποστήριξη τηλεκπαίδευσης ePortfolio main goal of this thesis is to support teleteaching using an ePortfolio. Specifically, it is a study about the meaning of an ePortfolio, ...
Go homeNext slidePress Esc to exit at any time Creating ePortfolios What is an ePortfolio? Why create an ePortfolio? Whats in an ePortfolio? How do I create.
Website e-portfolio. What is an e-portfolio? An electronic portfolio, also known as an e-portfolio or digital portfolio, is a collection of electronic.
The Development of an ePortfolio as a Capstone in a ... ?· The Development of an ePortfolio as a Capstone…
© Sutherland 2005 An ePortfolio System for Life Shane Sutherland ePortfolio Coordinator University of Wolverhampton An ePortfolio System for Life Shane.
EPortfolios. Ambition in Action www.sit.nsw.edu.au ePortfolios /What is an ePortfolio /Examples of ePortfolios /RPL & ePortfolios /What is digital evidence?
An Introductory Guide to eLearn ePortfolio (ver. 10.3) Introductory Guide to eLearn ePortfolio (ver. 10.3) eLearn ePortfolio is a personal portfolio tool for storing, organizing, reflecting on and sharing ...
What is an Electronic Portfolio (ePortfolio)? “A collection of electronic evidence assembled and managed by a user, usually on the Web…Such electronic.
Creating an ePortfolio Using Google an ePortfolio Using Google Sites . ... Step 1: Getting Started: ... Google Docs Video. 13) ...
Building an ePortfolio using Web 2.0 Technologies Matthew Mobbs Student Support and Development Service http://matthewmobbs.wetpaint.com ePortfolio Project.