Embed Size (px)
Name: Jeffrey A. Lumar Email: [email protected] #: +63922.214.171.1246Skype ID: jeflumar
Objective: To be able to obtain an entry-level position as a Registered Nurse in multi-level specialty critical care.
Summary: Nursing experience in the critical care areas obtained in Chong Hua Hospital Cebu. American Heart Association Basic Life Support Instructor American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Instructor
Work Experience:November 23, 2015 to PresentUniversity of Cebu Medical CenterOuano Ave., North Reclamation Area, Mandaue City, Cebu PH
Head Nurse/Nurse Unit Coordinator- Post Anesthesia Care Unit November 23, 2015- Present
Achievements in University of Cebu Medical Center: Able to maintain the units financial viability. Revised the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit Record On-going formulation of the Course Syllabus for the Charge Nurse Training On-going project for standardizing the use of Kardex Co-authored the policy for Post-Anesthesia Care Unit Developed the Census and Manpower monitoring excel file. Authored the Post Anesthesia Care Unit Orientation Program for New Nurses
August 6, 2010 until October 17, 2015Chong Hua Hospital (Formerly JCI accredited)Fuente Osmea Circle, Cebu City PH
Clinical Nurse Educator- Resuscitation Training Program July 20, 2015- October 17, 2015 Nurse Unit Coordinator- Post Anesthesia Care Unit October 1, 2014- July 19, 2015 Charge Nurse-Post-anesthesia Care Unit July 28, 2014- September 30, 2014 OIC-Charge Nurse-Post Anesthesia Care Unit January 28, 2014- July 28, 2014 Staff Nurse-Post Anesthesia Care Unit June 20, 2013-January 27, 2014 Rotated to Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Feb 25, 2013- June 19, 2013 Staff Nurse-Post Anesthesia Care Unit April 25, 2011- February 24, 2013
Staff Nurse- Intensive Care Unit March 20, 2011- April 24, 2011 Staff Nurse- Medical Surgical Unit August 6, 2010- March 19, 2011
Clinical Nurse Educator- Resuscitation Trainings
Job Summary: A clinical Nurse Educator for Resuscitation Training is primarily responsible for the staff development and continuing education of CHH personnel needing resuscitation trainings in alignment with the Hospitals Mission and Vision in order to attain and sustain the institutions goals and objectives. The CNE also supports the development of clinical nurses and fosters cognitive, psychomotor, and affective empowerment to achieve excellence through delivery of evidence based nursing practice. This occurs via facilitation of educational processes in the form of assessment, development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of competencies that promote orientation, continuing education, and ladderized career path. He/she shall also take part in quality improvement processes.
Unit Coordinator, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit
Duties:A. Team Oversight1. Provides direction to the nursing staff of the Patient Care Unit especially newly hired personnel.2. Monitors the compliance of the staff with regard to the ten (10) medication rights to reduce the potential for medication errors.3. Provides guidance to the nursing staff with regard to the observance of the International Patient Safety Goals.4. Supervises and mentors nursing staff in terms of carrying out the appropriate and timely documentation of patient care in the following areas:
a. Assessment (including pain, fall risk, nutritional and functional risk, use of restraints, and neurologic status)b. Nursing care planningc. Implementation of care (DAR Diagnosis Assessment Recommendation) d. Patient and family educatione. Discharge planningf. Patients Medical chartsg. Equipment monitoring logs
5. Maintains performance improvement activities for the department and participates in the units continuous quality improvement & patient safety (QIPS) program to improve organizational performance.6. Regularly meets with the staff on a monthly and a need-to basis.7. Performs management activities which may include but are not limited to:
a. evaluatingb. unit staffing/scheduling c. monitoring attendance and validity of required training
8. Maintains records pertinent to personnel and operation of the unit. Prepares reports, i.e. utilization, performance improvement, outcome data, budget. 9. Takes charge of planning and organizing in-service training(s) for the staff and participates in guidance and educational programs.
B. Patient Care and Oversight
1. Oversees performance of head-to-toe assessment and reassessment on all patients as per policy. 2. Ensures the education of the patient and family regarding patients pain management.3. Educates the staff on the correct administration of medication and other procedures based on the age and the clinical condition of the patient. 4. Coordinates with the other health team members and directs patient care to ensure patients needs are met and hospital policy is followed.5. Recommends plan of care as indicated by the patients response to treatment and evaluates the overall plan daily for effectiveness. 6. Recommends a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning. Family is included in teaching as appropriate.7. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and family. 8. Manages equipment functionality to ensure safety in usage.9. Activates clinical pathway checklists and processes when appropriate.10. Ensures appropriate charging and billing to patients account.
C. Internal Coordination
1. Consults other departments as appropriate to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.2. Provides support to the unit within his/her level in addressing the needs or queries of patients, staff or physicians.3. Performs such other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or requested by immediate superior from time to time.
1. Develops and manages the unit budget to control operational expense on unit needs and according to budget policy. 1. Performs such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or requested by immediate superior from time to time.
Charge Nurse, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit
Duties:A. Planning and Organizing
1. Plans, directs, evaluates, and coordinates unit operations to ensure the provision of quality nursing care. 2. Manages and analyzes personnel workload and skill requirements to ensure quality patient care. 3. Adjust staffing patterns according to census and to unit and patient classification data. Assess staffing needs and communicates variance to his/her superiors.4. Exemplifies and promotes quality in practice; manages workload and priorities in accordance to the unit / hospitals standards of performance.
1. Provides leadership and direction to the members of the unit. Coordinates team decisions, promotes effective communication, identifies and assigns appropriate tasks to the staff in accordance with legal and professional guidelines as well as departmental standards. 2. Coordinates with other healthcare providers to facilitate the treatment, safety and recovery of patients. 3. Performs the necessary endorsement of his/her shifts activities to the Charge Nurse of the incoming shift4. Formulates and recommends a teaching plan based upon the identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; includes family in teaching, as appropriate. 5. Ensures that all patients are seen by the Resident on Duty or attending Physician, and alerts the physician with regards to the patients condition or any information that may require adjustment(s) in the patients level of care. 6. Assists the Unit Head and the Critical Care Area Supervisor in enforcing established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. 7. Upholds and respects the patient / families rights; ensures that any information / records concerning the patient are kept confidential.
1. Participates in assessing and cost-effectively meeting staffing needs on the unit.2. Implements standards for the proper documentation of all patient records; checks for completion and accuracy. 3. Calls other departments with regards to reservations for any procedures during the evening shift; endorses this accordingly to the respective unit the next morning.4. Communicates with the Unit Head as necessary, alerts him/her with regards to any concerns / issues within the unit. 5. Monitors the working condition of all equipments; promptly reports to his/her direct superior or the concerned department with regards to any repairs / maintenance that need to be done. 6. Functions as a resource person in support of clients and members of the team / other units; attends directly to any ethical issues or concerns within the department.
1. Participates in the units continuous quality improvement and patient safety program (QIPS) to improve organizational performance.1. Performs such other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or requested by immediate superior from time to time.
Staff Nurse, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit
Duties:A. Assessment & Planning of Nursing Care
1. Performs a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassesses per unit policy.2. Routinely performs and documents the results of the focused Post Anesthesia Assessments:a. Modified Aldrete Scaleb. Modified Sedation Scalec. Bromage Scaled. Spinal Dermatome Recovery 3. Performs the close monitoring of the patients with abnormal vital signs and abnormal physical exam findings. 4. Provides adequate assessment and reassessment of pain, and utilizes the appropriate pain management techniques. 5. Assesses and monitors the cardiorespiratory systems and applies the appropriate treatment. 6. Takes appropriate action in response to patients manifested anxiety or distress and documents these accordingly. 7. Interprets waived tests, and takes appropriate action based on the results. 8. Responds appropriately to patient in an emergency or physically distressful situation. 9. Analyzes the needs of patients and identifies the top priorities for their care.10. Formulates a postoperative plan of care in collaboration with the patient and other members of the healthcare team.11. Develops and implements an individualized plan of care, and adjusts the plan accordingly per the patients response to treatment. Ensures effectiveness of the treatment with regular evaluation. 12. Provides age-appropriate care to the patient population served; interprets data about the patients condition in order to identify each patients age-specific needs. B. Implementation & Evaluation of Nursing Care
1. Observes perioperative factors that alter hemodynamics in the immediate postoperative phase. 2. Monitors and documents the physiologic changes of the patient due to the patients reaction to medication / treatment.3. Monitors the vital signs of the patient every five (5) minutes for the first 30 minutes, then every fifteen (15) minutes thereafter for the next two (2) hours or until stable.4. Alerts the physician with regards to any abnormal laboratory / test results. 5. Escalates difficult situations / conditions concerning patients / the unit to the appropriate channels for immediate action.6. Ensures the safe administration of post-anesthetic patient care; observes the proper admission and trans-out routines in the PACU.7. Administers medications / prescribed treatment based on the age specifications and clinical condition of the patient per the nursing care / clinical guidelines.8. Complies with the ten (10) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors. 9. Appropriately carries out doctors written orders. Requests for clarification as necessary. 10. Communicates effectively and thoroughly the patients condition upon transfer from PACU to the receiving patient care unit nurse. 11. Performs waived testing (point-of-care-testing) per the Clinical Laboratory and the patient care units policies and procedures. 12. Completes treatment as ordered within one (1) hour, if appropriate. 13. Performs age-specific safety measures in all aspects of patient care (IPSG).
C. Patient Focused Care & Health Education1. Protects patients sensitivities and right to privacy.2. Gives patient explanations and verbal reassurances consistently. 3. Ensures the safe transportation of all patients to and from the Surgical Services Department.4. Closely monitors the progress of the patients condition with minimal disturbance. 5. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious / spiritual needs of the patient and their families; involves patient and family in the formation of the plan of care. 6. Provides the patient / family with discharge instructions and education. Instructs the patient with regard to the following: proper medication intake, possible side-effects / reactions, steps to take in order to prevent complications, and when to seek medical assistance. 7. Coordinates and supervises patient care; provides patient and family with teaching / education, as necessary. 8. Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning. The patients family is included in teaching as appropriate.
D. Management of Resources and Documentation
1. Oversees the care of the units equipment to ensure cleanliness, sterility and operational ability. Performs preventive corrective maintenance as necessary. 2. Ensures that the proper temperature, ventilation and lighting are maintained to provide a comfortable work environment. 3. Performs the continual and accurate nursing documentation of patient histories, conditions, treatments, responses and assessment of changes. 4. Ensures clear and concise documentation of charting ideas, facts and concepts about the patient. Completes and accurately records all patient documentation within the shift. 5. Ensures that charting observations and the interventions applied to the patient are relayed to the physician. 6. Ensures clear and concise communication of any assessment or reassessment performed on a patient. Completes and accurately records all patient documentation within the shift.
E. Observance of Policies / Standards & Professional Development
1. Provides support to the unit within his/her level in addressing the needs or queries of patients, staff or physicians.2. Provides direction and the proper dissemination of information with regards to the application of safety measures in order to prevent accidents, harm or injury to occur involving patients, staff or equipment. 3. Carries out medical and surgical asepsis during treatments and special procedures. 4. Controls the traffic or influx of patients and healthcare workers coming in the unit to avoid the spread of infection. 5. Ensures that the cleanliness of the unit is maintained. 6. Ensures the consistency in the observance of good hand hygiene practice(s). 7. Observes the proper use of personal protective equipment(s). 8. Maintains a safe environment for patients and staff by consistently observing infection control procedures. 9. Provides assistance to the physician in examining the patient.10. Provides assistance during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures by preparing the patient and necessary equipment for the intended procedure(s). 11. Participates in the units continuous quality improvement & patient safety (QIPS) program to improve organizational performance.12. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops. 13. Performs such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or requested by immediate superior from time to time.
Achievements in Chong Hua Hospital: Able to maintain the units financial viability. Spear-headed the revision of the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit Record. Created the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit Managers Rounding Sheet. Founded the Post-Anesthesia Care Unit Quality Improvement Core Group with an on-going project Quantifying Patients Length of Stay in Post-Anesthesia Care Unit: A Basis for Quality Improvement. As part of Monitor Teaching to comply with my requirements for ACLS Trainors Training Course I was invited to be the Lead Instructor for ACLS on January 30-31, 2015. Invited to be the resource speaker for the Critical Care Course Program on January 27, 2015 to discuss Family Support in Critical Care and iSBAR Communication. Developed an Excel file that eases the monitoring of the Resuscitation Training compliance rates in each nursing units.
Education:Bachelor of Science in Nursing in University of Cebu Lapu-Lapu and Mandaue, A.C. Cortes Ave. Looc Mandaue City, Graduated 2009Nursing Licenses:
1. Professional Regulation Commission-Philippine Nursing LicensureLicense Number: 0589322 Valid Until: August 30, 2015Issue Date: November 12, 2009
Continuing Education Courses: November 23,2014- BLS and ACLS Trainers Training Course, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu November 21-22,2014- BLS and ACLS Training Course, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu June 11, 2014- Neonatal Resuscitation Program, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
May 27-29,2014- Pediatric Advance Cardiac Life Support, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
February 22, 2013- JCI Refresher Final Coaching, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
February 19, 2013- Surestepflexx Professional Blood Glucose Monitoring, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
January 25, 2013- Care of Pediatric Patients, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
January 25, 2013- Fire Drill, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
January 4, 2013- Fall Risk Assessment Orientation, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
November 11, 2012- IV Insertion Training, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
August 22, 2012- JCI Standards, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
June 9, 2012- Fire Safety Renewal Course, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
June 9, 2012- Hands-on Exercise of Fire Equipments, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
April 24, 2012- Advance Cardiac Life Support, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
April 20, 2012- Basic Life Support, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
April 18, 2012- Basic ECG, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
January 16, 2012- Facilities Management Services Re-orientation 2012, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
January 16, 2012- Medication Management and Use Re-orientation, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
June 15, 2011- Pneumatic Tube Transport system, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
July 3, 2010- Basic Fire Fighting, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
June 23, 2010- Basic Life Support, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
June 21, 2010- Surestepflexx Professional Blood Glucose Monitoring, Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu
April, 2008 - First Aid and Basic Life Support/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation with Automated External Defibrillation (AED use), by Lifesavers Circle
Specific Hospital InformationUniversity of Cebu Medical CenterMandaue City, Philippines
It is a private company owned by Atty. August W. Go with a 300 bed capacity hospital. Currently operating on a 200 bed capacity as approved by the LTO and accredited by the Department of Health.
Chong Hua HospitalCebu City, Philippines
It is a non-stock, non-profit organization, owned and managed by Asociacion Benevola de Cebu Inc., it is not just a medical institution, but also a provider of community services to the Cebuanos and other nearby regions.
Until recently, it was an accredited hospital of the Joint Commission International, an agency that sets international standards on the quality and safety of patient care.
Chong Hua has 660 bed capacity with state of the art facilities and equipment, it is considered as one of the biggest, advanced and fully integrated health care facility in theVisayasandMindanao. It is located in the heart of the famous Cebu's landmark, the Fuente Osmea circle.