unit 11 evolution of populations
Post on 21-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. KEY CONCEPT New technology is furthering our understanding of evolution.
2. Fossils provide a record of evolution.
Paleontology is the study of fossils or extinct organisms.
3. Paleontology provides evidence to support evolution.
4. Molecular and genetic evidence support fossil and anatomical evidence.
Two closely-related organisms will have similar DNA sequences.What would you expect to find the differences code for?
5. Pseudogenes are sequences providing evidence of evolution.
- no longer function
6. carried along with functional DNA 7. can be clues to a common ancestor