unit 1 how can we become good learners? listening to english tapes listening to english songs...
Post on 05-Jan-2016
Embed Size (px)
Unit 1How can we become good learners?
listening to English tapeslistening to English songslistening to radiosMatchHow do you learn English?
speaking in classspeaking out of classspeaking aloud
speaking with friendsspeaking with a foreignerspeaking crazily
reading English aloudreading English crazilyreading English textbooks
reading English notesreading English newspapers reading English magazines
writing compositions writing/taking English noteswriting/keeping diaries in Englishwriting e-mails to friends
watching English filmswatching English TVwatching English DVDs
asking the classmate for helpasking the teacher for helpmemorizing the words
making flashcards making vocabulary listsdoing a lot of exercises
Are you stressed out each time you have a test? You dont have to be if you _________smart study skills. Remember to_________ in class and review them on1 Fill in the blanks with the words in the box.practice develop remember prepare take notes until worry about everythingdeveloptake notes
your own or with friends after class. Then ________ what you learned by doing exercises. Try to study and ___________ information bit by bit instead of waiting __________ the last minute to study __________ at once. If you __________well for a test, then theres nothing to _____________!rememberpracticeuntileverythingprepareworry about
______ Whats the matter?______ Well, I practice my listening by listening to the tape over and over again until I can understand everything.______ So you want to practice your listening?______ Hi, Jake, I need your help.______ Uh-huh. Do you have any advice?______ OK, Ill try that.______ I have a listening test next week.2. Number these sentences in order to make a conversation.2641573
1. Jane is a very slow reader. She should improve her reading speed ____________________.2. Li Ming wants to improve his listening. He could practice his listening ___________________.Meiping doesnt know many English words. She could learn more words ________________________. 3 Give advice to these people.by reading word groups.by listening to tapes by using dictionaries
I. Dont let them ________ () your decision. Just do it as you like.2. My brother became a _____ () five years ago. Now he is a policeman.3. I __ () interest halfway through the book.4. I think f_________ between classmates is important and we should get on well with each other. 5. Martin is f_____ the biggest challenge in his work.influence soldierost riendshipacing
II. 1. We can ____ (easy) finish the task today.2. A good _______ (science) should learn from those of other countries.3. They were ________ (success) in winning the contest. easilyscientistsuccessful
4. I was just a young girl from a small town and I felt very ___________ (important).5. -- Education is an important part of our ___________ (develop). -- Yes. Thats why Im studying so hard at school.unimportantdevelopment
I dont know how they will _______ () the problem. 2. Arguing about small things may ________ () your friendship.break offdeal with.
3. Dont ___________ () your daughter at school. She is doing well now.4. Mrs Yang _____________ () me today because I was late for the meeting again.5. If you want to finish this job in such a short time, youll have to __________ (). worry aboutwas angry withtry your best
1. I _________ the party _____ Im invited. 2. ______________ Mr Smith, I could finish my homework in time last weekend. wont go to unless. With the help of
3. Joe ____________ meet his Internet friend alone.4. 20 Time _______, and I ______________ in the city for 20 years.5. Many people ______ Stephen Hawking ___ very great.goes byhave been livingdecided not toregardas
V. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. unlessdeal withworry aboutbe angry withgo bysolve a problemregardascomplain abouttoototry ones bestwith the help ofchangeinto
2. , . VI. I won't go to the party unless I'm invited.I sleep with the window open unless its really cold.
4. Many students often complain about teachers.We must learn how to change these problems into challenges.
5. As young adults, it is our duty to try our best to deal with each challenge in our education with the help of our teachers.
Homework Write an article about your own experiences of learning English.