twitter for job search
Post on 17-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Today its not just who you know, but who knows you
- Not only submitting resumes to HR, but submitting you out to the world
- Increasing the visibility of YOU
- Building relationships like never before
- You are searchable
- Professional profiles in all media
- Social media Golden Rule
- Last month,340,000jobs were posted on Twitter
- Over 100 million users
- Another tool in the tool box
- Tweet- your message, up to 140 characters
- RT- Re-Tweet- send out someone elses message
- #FF- Follow Friday- tell people to follow other people
- DM- Direct message
- @- indicates someones screen name, such as @MicheleRempel
- 1. Build yourbio
- 2. Followand be followed
- 3. Tweet what you need, who you are, make connections
- 4. Activelysearchfor what you need
- Include a thought-out bio
- you only have 160 characters
- Post a good photo
- Put your Twitter account on your LinkedIn profile
9. Bio 10. 11.
- How do I get followers?
- Follow people!
- www.wefollow.comorwww.twellow.com(to name a couple)
- Companies youd like to work for
- Job listing accounts (more on that later)
- What do I tweet?
- Tell people youre looking for work
- Find quotes or sayings that people will want to RT (retweet), or write your own
- Tell people where youre volunteering, what youre doing
13. 14. 15.
- What do I tweet?
- Ask to connect on LinkedIn
- Ask people to follow your favorite followers
- #follow @michelerempel @fredmcmurray @boehler55 @heidifeemster- pay it forward
- Job Deck on TweetDeck
- A free application
- Look for accounts that post jobs and follow them
- To name a few
- Look for recruiters and follow them
- Look for Lists of job accounts
20. 21. Job posting Recruiter 22. @MicheleRempel f 23.
- Increase your visibility
- Show others what youre all about- your skills, abilities, humor, personality, the total package
- Help others achieve their goals