turkish cuisine/ turkish foods
out of 17
Post on 10-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONIt concludes informations about some turkish foods like i kfte(raw meatball), mant(turkish dumpling), kebab, baklawa, crisp.
- 1. i Kfte (Raw Meatball) i kfte is a raw meat dish which contains bulgur, beef, tomato sauce, parsley and spices. It is usually served with lavash (thin bread resembling pide) and lettuce leafs. It is a favorite Turkish appetizer especially in Adyaman and anlurfa.
- 2. i Kfte (Raw Meatball) It must be meatless in shops of Turkey. There is a law due to hygienic necessities. Therefore, i kfte is, unless home-made, meat-free in Turkey since a decade. According to lore, i kfte was invented in Urfa at the time of prophet Ibrahim. Her mother mixed the meat with bulgur, herbs and spices and crushed the mixture with stone implements until it was palatable.
- 3. Sarma Sarma means 'a wrapped thing' in the Turkish language, from the verb sarmak 'to wrap' or 'to roll'. Sarma is hot dish made of grape or cabbage leaves stuffed with meat and rice.
- 4. Mant (Turkish Dumpling) Mant dumplings consist of a spiced meat mixture, usually lamb or ground beef, in a dough wrapper, either boiled or steamed. Mant are typically served topped with yogurt and garlic and tomato sauce, and topped with ground sumac and/or dried mint by the consumer.
- 5. Turkish mant resembles tortellini. MANTI TORTELLINI
- 6. Mant (Turkish Dumpling) Although there are many different variations of mant, the most praised type of mant is known as Kayseri Mants, a special kind of mant belong to Kayseri, an Anatolian city of Turkey.
- 7. Adana Kebab Adana Kebab is spicy minced meat from Turkey named after Adana, the fifth largest city in Turkey. It is originally known as kyma kebab (minced meat kebab) or simply as kyma in Adana. It is a long, hand-minced meat kebab mounted on a wide iron skewer and grilled on an open mangal filled with burning charcoal.
- 8. Adana Kebab The browned kebab is taken out of the mangal, removed from the skewer and placed on top of a large loaf of flatbread (mostly lava), topped by a pinch of julienned onions, small diced tomatoes, some parsley, then sprinkled with a little salt, cumin and sumac and finally wrapped into a long roll. Ayran(airan) is more commonly consumed with drm compared to the algam(turnip).
- 9. Lahmacun (meat with dough) Lahmacun is a round, thin piece of dough topped with minced meat (most commonly beef and lamb) and minced vegetables and herbs including onions, tomatoes and parsley, then baked.
- 10. skender kebab skender kebab is one of the most famous meat foods of northwestern Turkey and takes its name from its inventor, skender Efendi, who lived in Bursa in the late 19th century.
- 11. skender kebab It is a kind of dner kebab prepared from thinly cut grilled lamb basted with hot tomato sauce over pieces of pita bread and generously slathered with melted sheep butter and yogurt.
- 12. Menemen Menemen is a Turkish dish which includes egg, onion, tomato and green peppers (paprika), and spices such as ground black pepper, ground red pepper, salt, oregano, and mint).
- 13. Baklava (baklawa) Baklava is a rich, sweet pastry made of layers of filo pastry filled with chopped nuts and sweetened with syrup or honey.
- 14. Baklava (baklawa) The city of Gaziantep in southeast Turkey is famous for its pistachio baklava. In 2008, the Turkish patent office registered a geographical indication for Antep Baklava. In many parts of Turkey, baklava is often topped with kaymak or, in the summer, ice cream.
- 15. Simit (crisp) Simit is a circular bread with sesame seeds. In the city of zmir, simit is known as "gevrek," although it is very similar to the Istanbul variety. The name Simit comes from the city called Izmit (Smiti in Byzantine). Simits in Ankara, which is the capital of Turkey, are smaller and crisper than the ones in other cities. Simits in Turkey are made with molasses.
- 16. Simit (crisp) Drinking Turkish tea with simit is traditional in Turkish culture. Simit is generally served plain, or for breakfast with tea, jelly, jam or cheese.
View more >
Country Name Cuisine Tour by Mrs. Liv (Cuisine Tour Template & Directions for Specialty Foods 2012. Due Apr. 2, 2012.) 9/23/20151Replace this with your
MONDAY, MARCH 14 FALL - ?· Cuisine specializing in Latin and Caribbean comfort foods and treat yourself…
Turkish Cuisine and Eating Habits in Türkiye Prepared by Nazilli Anadolu High School Students Mert Er & Çağlar Saygılı
KURDS - Thomas County School . CUISINE Kurdish Cuisine is comparable with Persian, Turkish, and Arab foods. ... The language of the Kurds is Kurdish, but was originally Aramaic
ALCALÁ ?· Cocina Turca / Turkish Cuisine Creperías / Creperies COMER EN POCO TIEMPO ... Comida para…