training on confidentiality
out of 16
Post on 18-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. TRAINING EMPLOYEES CONFIDENTIALITY Julie Venzen 7/25/2014 MHA 690: Health care Capstone
- 2. Employee Training What is HIIPA? Getting to know the HIPPA Laws How can this training on confidentiality be effective for employees?
- 3. HIPPA
- 4. Confidentiality
- 5. Patients
- 6. Welcome
- 7. What is HIPPA?1 Getting to know HIPPA Laws2 How can this training on Confidentiality be effective? 3 Todays Overview
- 8. Learning Objectives Technology Procedure Policies Benefits
- 9. What is HIPPA? Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.
- 10. Privacy Rule The Privacy Rule standards address the use and disclosure of the individuals health information called protected health information by organizations subject to the Privacy Rule called covered entities, as well as standards for individuals privacy rights to understand and control how their health information is used (U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, n.d.).
- 11. Doing Your Best Work Log out after working on the computer Protect passwords Ask for permission for patient information
- 12. Case Study 120 UCLA Staff saw celebrity Health Records Consequences Warning Suspension Termination
- 13. Discussion What we can learn from Lawanda Criminal charges
- 14. Summary Know your HIPPA Laws. Technological as well as personal Protect Personal Health Information Mastery is not achieved overnight Keep your eye on the goal
- 15. Resources Fox News. (2008). Report Over 120 UCLA hospital staff saw celebrity health records. Retrieved from http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,398784, 00.html U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (n.d.). Summary of HIPPA Privacy Rule. Retrieved from http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hippa/underst anding/summary/index.html
- 16. QUESTIONS?
View more >