Training on confidentiality
out of 16
Post on 18-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. TRAINING EMPLOYEES CONFIDENTIALITY Julie Venzen 7/25/2014 MHA 690: Health care Capstone
- 2. Employee Training What is HIIPA? Getting to know the HIPPA Laws How can this training on confidentiality be effective for employees?
- 3. HIPPA
- 4. Confidentiality
- 5. Patients
- 6. Welcome
- 7. What is HIPPA?1 Getting to know HIPPA Laws2 How can this training on Confidentiality be effective? 3 Todays Overview
- 8. Learning Objectives Technology Procedure Policies Benefits
- 9. What is HIPPA? Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.
- 10. Privacy Rule The Privacy Rule standards address the use and disclosure of the individuals health information called protected health information by organizations subject to the Privacy Rule called covered entities, as well as standards for individuals privacy rights to understand and control how their health information is used (U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, n.d.).
- 11. Doing Your Best Work Log out after working on the computer Protect passwords Ask for permission for patient information
- 12. Case Study 120 UCLA Staff saw celebrity Health Records Consequences Warning Suspension Termination
- 13. Discussion What we can learn from Lawanda Criminal charges
- 14. Summary Know your HIPPA Laws. Technological as well as personal Protect Personal Health Information Mastery is not achieved overnight Keep your eye on the goal
- 15. Resources Fox News. (2008). Report Over 120 UCLA hospital staff saw celebrity health records. Retrieved from http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,398784, 00.html U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (n.d.). Summary of HIPPA Privacy Rule. Retrieved from http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hippa/underst anding/summary/index.html
- 16. QUESTIONS?
View more >
Education and Training Committee, 8 September 2016 ... and Training Committee, 8 September 2016 Consultation on revised guidance on confidentiality Executive summary and recommendations Introduction
Alaska Section of Epidemiology Confidentiality dhss. Section of Epidemiology Confidentiality Policy – January 2017 5 4. HIPAA Training—All staff will be required to successfully complete on-line DHSS HIPAA training on an annual basis, or more frequently if mandated. 5.
Security and Confidentiality Training ??HIV/STD/VH/TB Epidemiology Section. Communicable Diseases Division. December 7, 2010. Modified 3/2011 for MDSS Users. Security and Confidentiality Training
Confidentiality and Insurance Billing Practices in Title X ... and Insurance Billing Practices in ... documents or flow ... know ts I have received the following type(s) of training on confidentiality insurance
Pasadena Villa CONFIDENTIALITY, PRIVACY AND DATA / INFORMATION SECURITY TRAINING Copyright March 2003
Confidentiality Training. Confidentiality Confidentiality is the expectation of and right to privacy afforded to student and their parents. These rights
CONFIDENTIALITY OF STUDENT RECORDS Training regarding the responsibilities of school staff in maintaining confidentiality of student records
EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK - ?· employee handbook ... training policy ... employee confidentiality & innovation…
Model Article on Confidentiality - Article on Confidentiality 1 ... lawyer and his or her client. ... duties of confidentiality cover all information relating to the client and the client’s
In practice: Guidance on confidentiality ?· In practice: Guidance on confidentiality 5 Applying the…